News Forum - Bangkok is back – Thailand’s capital roars back into gear

Thaiger

OPINION Before the pandemic, Bangkok was the most-visited city on the planet – a thriving hive of energy and activity which attracted over 22 million international visitors per year. Then, without warning, it all went quiet. Now, following the long-awaited reopening of Thailand’s borders on November 1, 2021, Bangkok is back. The city is welcoming the world’s travellers once again, hotel rates are starting to rise and restaurants are reopening. But what does the future hold in store for the Thai capital? These topics were tackled head-on in “Bangkok is Back!”, a fast and furious 45 minute webinar that saw […]

The story Bangkok is back – Thailand’s capital roars back into gear as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

When they need to quote Doc Brown from "Back to the Future" you know that it must absolutely be an article to be taken seriously. And it's not even from TAT! 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Hallelujah, Hallelujah, all is well, Thailand is saved - all is back to normal.

Temple day tomorrow so we can all go and give thanks and make merit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

When they lift the restrictions I’ll be traveling to Bangkok . Thailand Pass is the only thing stopping me. I’m ready to help the GDP when the government tells me they want my foreign cash . 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, PJK said:

When they lift the restrictions I’ll be traveling to Bangkok . Thailand Pass is the only thing stopping me. I’m ready to help the GDP when the government tells me they want my foreign cash . 

I'm sure will be a huge bump in the GDP once you buy a few drinks   😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I wonder who supplies the numbers for this? Please don’t tell me it’s the TAT 😂. It’s probably more like 15 million if you take out all the foreign Labour who go to Bangkok for work

• Like 3

What utter BS this article is. Quoting 90% Bangkok are fully vaccinated is enough to make you realise it’s nothing more than a “pie in the sky” promotional piece. The problem is that this type of article finds its way in to mainstream lazy western media. They cut and paste it and send it out in to the Sunday supplements for unsuspecting potential tourists to read. 

• Like 9

• 2 months later...
2 minutes ago, SSimpson said:

Restrictions are becoming fewer? Not that I can see. And are they talking about another Bangkok from a parallel universe?

The TAT-Bangkok is located on Mars.

• Like 2

Just look who wrote the story ( Bill Barnett ) that's why it contains so much BS    

He is full of self interest and holds hands with the government. I don't know what the facination the Thaiger has with him

• Like 2

On 11/27/2021 at 4:30 AM, Soidog said:

I wonder who supplies the numbers for this? Please don’t tell me it’s the TAT 😂. It’s probably more like 15 million if you take out all the foreign Labour who go to Bangkok for work

Exactly and also that the so called high end tourists avoid Thailand all is exactly the opposite. Maybe they should study the real numbers and why the high end avoid Thailand and prefer other destinations. They should ask them and also maybe visiting the other destinations and compare them to understand the reasons. It is absolute nonsense they think they can fill up Thailands hotels with high end. This incompetent officials really don't understand the infrastructure of Thailand compare to high end destinations. Also the tourism infrastructure of Thailand where 90% of the hotels, guesthouses, resorts, restaurants, etc are not high end. How can think this Clowns this mass on hotels etc would be possible to fill up with high end tourists. They are really empty heads and clowns!

• Like 2

This article is so weird, like, vaccination helps travelers, visitors? They dont care, Asian countries are still in covid psychosis, in the west, we already dropped that.

Yea, bit more people in Bangkok, but mostly locals go places. My friends dont wanna come, as nightlife is closed and all the beautiful rooftop bars and places are closing at 11, serving last drink like 10:40. 
Nothing changed about westerners, when we go out, we like to stay out and have fun, we dont usually go out drinking at 6pm. We go at 9 or 10 and stay till 1-2-3.

I am here and I can assure everyone that nightlife closed and bars closing at 11 is a big downer. Funny enough, crapholes like khaosan road stay opened much longer lol, cramping people inside tiny bars while legit places and people who likes more style cant go party at all.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, SSimpson said:

Restrictions are becoming fewer? Not that I can see. And are they talking about another Bangkok from a parallel universe?

These guys living in a paralell universe and their own bubble

• Like 1

On 11/27/2021 at 3:10 AM, PJK said:

Haven't been near the place in 7 years and hopefully I'll never see the place again. I was never a fan of the dirt, the noise, the pollution and the scams. 

• Like 1

When they start talking about the luxury end of the market it always reminds me of the airline I worked for for twenty five years. They went chasing after the premium passengers (the icing on the cake), but neglected the economy end of the market (the cake). This, together with poor labour relations caused by senior management worshipping the sacred cow of outsourcing, led to an airline that went from being consistently ranked in the top three airlines worldwide to rarely even making the top ten.

• Like 4

I believe Bangkok is roaring back to life.....I also believe in Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, the tooth fairy and the sandman.....

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, DoUKnowWhoIAm said:

The TAT-Bangkok is located on Mars.

Yes. Restrictions becoming fewer lol. Me as a tourist, in a street bar seeing 20 armed cops raiding the streets with cars, bikes, doing “like a bosss” walks, throwing out tourists. It feels worst that communist china. All of them looking at me like I am some dirty animal for being out at 11. Next time I will record it and make a nice toutube video to share inder every article saying FRIENDLY THAILAND OPENS, come tourist, we like you lol

• Like 3

It’s so nice to see everyone congratulating each other,  what a load of BS. It was reported today that booster shots worldwide only last four months, that means the surge in Thailand will continue for quite a while longer

• Like 1