News Forum - Bangkok is back – Thailand’s capital roars back into gear

Thaiger

OPINION Before the pandemic, Bangkok was the most-visited city on the planet – a thriving hive of energy and activity which attracted over 22 million international visitors per year. Then, without warning, it all went quiet. Now, following the long-awaited reopening of Thailand’s borders on November 1, 2021, Bangkok is back. The city is welcoming the world’s travellers once again, hotel rates are starting to rise and restaurants are reopening. But what does the future hold in store for the Thai capital? These topics were tackled head-on in “Bangkok is Back!”, a fast and furious 45 minute webinar that saw […]

The story Bangkok is back – Thailand’s capital roars back into gear as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

When they need to quote Doc Brown from "Back to the Future" you know that it must absolutely be an article to be taken seriously. And it's not even from TAT! 🤣

• Haha 1

Hallelujah, Hallelujah, all is well, Thailand is saved - all is back to normal.

Temple day tomorrow so we can all go and give thanks and make merit.

• Haha 1

When they lift the restrictions I’ll be traveling to Bangkok . Thailand Pass is the only thing stopping me. I’m ready to help the GDP when the government tells me they want my foreign cash . 

1 hour ago, PJK said:

When they lift the restrictions I’ll be traveling to Bangkok . Thailand Pass is the only thing stopping me. I’m ready to help the GDP when the government tells me they want my foreign cash . 

I'm sure will be a huge bump in the GDP once you buy a few drinks   😀

I wonder who supplies the numbers for this? Please don’t tell me it’s the TAT 😂. It’s probably more like 15 million if you take out all the foreign Labour who go to Bangkok for work

What utter BS this article is. Quoting 90% Bangkok are fully vaccinated is enough to make you realise it’s nothing more than a “pie in the sky” promotional piece. The problem is that this type of article finds its way in to mainstream lazy western media. They cut and paste it and send it out in to the Sunday supplements for unsuspecting potential tourists to read. 

• Like 1