Jump to content

News Forum - Soi Dog Foundation sends over 100 tonnes of dog and cat food for flood relief


Thaiger
 Share

Recommended Posts

The following is a press release from the Soi Dog Foundation.  Soi Dog Foundation’s ongoing relief effort for dogs and cats affected by the recent flooding in Central Thailand has seen the amount of food delivered to desperate dogs and cats exceed a whopping 100 tonnes. Following the initial distribution in late September of 64 tonnes of food to flood-affected areas in the central region caused by tropical storms Lionrock and Kompasu, further supplies were delivered for both stray and domestic animals this month to four districts in Nonthaburi and Sing Buri, bringing the total to over 100 tons provided […]

The story Soi Dog Foundation sends over 100 tonnes of dog and cat food for flood relief as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

Soi Dog Foundation’s ongoing relief effort for dogs and cats affected by the recent flooding in Central Thailand has seen the amount of food delivered to desperate dogs and cats exceed a whopping 100 tonnes.

Yeah Soi Dog Foundation!

Well Done!

Thailand is truly blessed to have such an organization help our four-legged friends; anyone who has had a pet in their life knows that they are true friends, members of the family and should be treated as such.

Inevitably, the heartless bastards will come along and complain that since SDF doesn't solve ALL of Thailand's stray animal problems (it isn't their mandate or duty), they aren't worthy of our praise. All I can say is that I hope you heartless bastards get bitten by a disease-ridden animal that the Soi Dog Foundation hasn't been able to help due to lack of donations in your area; it'd be poetic justice.

I contribute to them regularly, and I hope that all members will spare a few baht as well. They don't/can't solve Thailand's stray problem, but they help and help and help and help.

Good on ya, SDF!

 

Edited by Shade_Wilder
tpyo
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well meaning but idiotic and counter productive, all they are doing is sponsoring more stray dogs and prolonging suffering. I would contribute to any organisation getting rid of soi dogs, not to one pretending to. All these doggy foundations achieve is to slightly reduce the population growth and the dogs they do sterilise are still pests, of course they do get a tiny number adopted which is a drop in the ocean. Like pigeons stray dogs should never be fed.It is weird that almost all the people who support these do gooders actually eat dead animals and think dogs are somehow different to cows, pigs and sheep, they are not.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Shade_Wilder said:

Yeah Soi Dog Foundation!

Well Done!

Thailand is truly blessed to have such an organization help our four-legged friends; anyone who has had a pet in their life knows that they are true friends, members of the family and should be treated as such.

Inevitably, the heartless bastards will come along and complain that since SDF doesn't solve ALL of T

It's heartless to let other's slaughter the animals people eat. Cows, sheep, pigs and chickens have just as much right to life as your scabby soi dogs.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Sarisin said:

It's heartless to let other's slaughter the animals people eat. Cows, sheep, pigs and chickens have just as much right to life as your scabby soi dogs.

I don't disagree with your personal opinion.

However, we are carnivorous.

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Faraday said:

I don't disagree with your personal opinion.

However, we are carnivorous.

I'm not, and nobody has to be it's personal choice. One that I have nothing at all against, what does irk me are the hypocrites who get all protective and soppy over nasty stray dogs while at the same time stuffing dead animals down their throats

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Sarisin said:

Cows, sheep, pigs and chickens have just as much right to life

only for as long as needed to fatten them up for the table. I feed all of them to my two 'scabby dogs'. No sentimentality from me when it comes to meat eating, but I do love dogs and cats, just as companions, not food. 

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The young lady in the house says some Thai authorities take better care of dogs then people! 
 Soi dogs are a nuisance , they serve no purpose and are in many cases the result of local govt poor health controls  ,such as  non existent neutering and spaying  Imop!

Be gone with them

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Sarisin said:

It's heartless to let other's slaughter the animals people eat. Cows, sheep, pigs and chickens

If we're not meant to eat them, why do they taste of meat !

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, riclag said:

The young lady in the house says some Thai authorities take better care of dogs then people! 
 Soi dogs are a nuisance , they serve no purpose and are in many cases the result of local govt poor health controls  ,such as  non existent neutering and spaying  Imop!

Be gone with them

most dogs are better than people

Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

How do you know? I've been told that they taste like rhubarb?

I'm on about the pigs chickens beef pork but in fairness I've eaten rat pigeon and snake in kalasin! 🤣

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My wife is the local "cat lady" who feeds the local strays. She also does TNR, trap, neuter, return of the local feral cats. As a result of her activities, especially leaving the bathroom window open so that they can be fed, we have had six take up permanent residence with us over the past 8 years we have been at our current home. The vets bills are €3-4k a year including vaxxing and with food as well, we spend about another €1000 on her "hobby" annually. No good deed goes unpunished I think. However, I do appreciate that were it not for her efforts, the area would be overrun with feral cats.

I've often explained Reincarnation as follows: If you've led a bad life, when you die, you will come back as something like a slug. But if you've led a good life, you will come back as one of my wife's cats.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Sarisin said:

Well meaning but idiotic and counter productive, all they are doing is sponsoring more stray dogs and prolonging suffering. I would contribute to any organisation getting rid of soi dogs, not to one pretending to. All these doggy foundations achieve is to slightly reduce the population growth and the dogs they do sterilise are still pests, of course they do get a tiny number adopted which is a drop in the ocean. Like pigeons stray dogs should never be fed.It is weird that almost all the people who support these do gooders actually eat dead animals and think dogs are somehow different to cows, pigs and sheep, they are not.

Seeing a future in canine Bar-B-Que vendors....

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Malc-Thai said:

I'm on about the pigs chickens beef pork but in fairness I've eaten rat pigeon and snake in kalasin! 🤣

All on the same plate?

Edited by steve860
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By posting on Thaiger Talk you agree to the Terms of Use