Can US citizen get Thai Visa from abroad?

I'm a US citizen, currently spending 90 days in Europe. I'd like to travel from Europe to Thailand next, without having to go back to the US.

Since the Thai embassy in the US allows e-visa processing, I was going to apply online. I didn't think it would matter where I'm located, as I have proof of US residency and citizenship. However, the US 60 day visa instructions states they require "Proof of a round trip flight confirmation/reservation showing going from the US to Thailand and leaving from Thailand". Since I'm already in Europe, I won't have a ticket from the US to Thailand.

Am I limited to the '30 day no visa on arrival' or can I apply for a '60 day single entry Tourist Visa' either from the US or from another country here in Europe?

I know I also need to complete the Thailand Pass for entry and fortunately the country I'm at in Europe is also on the approved list. I'm mainly concerned with obtaining a visa to get the most time out of my stay in Thailand.

• Like 1

Contact your nearest embassy there in Europe, likely also remotely. I would call when possible. You won't have any trouble getting the VISA and the Thai Pass as a U.S. citizen. 

• Like 1