Jump to content

News Forum - Pattaya mayor expresses frustration over no entertainment venues


Thaiger
 Share

Recommended Posts

In Pattaya, the fight goes on to allow alcohol in restaurants and to reopen entertainment venues, at least in time for New Year’s festivities. After petitions and protests from various sectors, business groups, and tourism associations, Pattaya City Mayor Sonthaya Khunploem is again calling for nightlife businesses to be allowed to reopen in the city famous, or perhaps infamous, for its wild bar and club scene. The mayor complained that, while 17 key tourist provinces were reopened, for some reason only 4 were allowed to serve alcohol, leading to many enraged businesses in Pattaya where the entertainment industry was a […]

The story Pattaya mayor expresses frustration over no entertainment venues as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In a previous news feed they are telling people to come forward for testing due to a covid outbreak at a pattaya music festival.. with people outside not sticking to the restrictions of no masks and secretly drinking alcohol. (Not a well kept secret!).

If you open up the same as phuket you will get the same results. Tourists do not enjoy a beer or glass of wine with their meal, they are more like a rodeo bull just released from the gate ! 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Maybe the mayor already heard about this poster from Pattaya? Or rip already? 😅🤣😂

Now his friend from mums basement is alone or looney

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Malc-Thai said:

In a previous news feed they are telling people to come forward for testing due to a covid outbreak at a pattaya music festival.. with people outside not sticking to the restrictions of no masks and secretly drinking alcohol. (Not a well kept secret!).

This is unnecessary.  If you are vaccinated and do not get any symptoms, you will be fine, but must continue mask wearing and other protocols.   

You do not have to put people into quarantine for every case. Unvaccinated should go as they are probably not following other safety protocols either.

Be safe if you are at risk, other you cannot control, this is the "New Normal" IMO

covid fact.jpg

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, ExpatPattaya said:

This is unnecessary.  If you are vaccinated and do not get any symptoms, you will be fine, but must continue mask wearing and other protocols.   

You do not have to put people into quarantine for every case. Unvaccinated should go as they are probably not following other safety protocols either.

Be safe if you are at risk, other you cannot control, this is the "New Normal" IMO

covid fact.jpg

Yes but wait until everyone wanting to be fully vaccinated get their vaccines first.. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Malc-Thai said:

Yes but wait until everyone wanting to be fully vaccinated get their vaccines first.. 

I think the answer may have to be a bit more draconian, and there will need to be separate facilities for the vaxxed and unvaxxed, an idea I am fully in support of.

I am sure this will upset the anti-vaxxers, but there is already well-established precedent for that in "no smoking areas" which are prevalent all over the world. One of the reasons for restricting smoking areas is because of it's link to cancer caused by passive smoking. This is a cumulative disease, and usually takes 20 years or longer to appear. CV on the other hand, can be spread in minutes by close contact and can kill in a matter of days. On the basis of that, I'd like to hear the anti-vaxxers reasons why it is right to discriminate against smokers, but not against them?

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

"Supermarkets and convenience stores can sell alcohol, and these festivals, food courts, beaches and other public places are seeing hoards of people drinking store-bought liquor while the venues that would be profiting from these drinkers normally can only watch from their closed businesses."

 

my friend told me this too, they make this festivals and people are drinking and dancing on the street with alcohol bought from the 7 eleven...  just plain stupid that they do not let them open the bars and let serve alcohol in a restaurant for god sake, they do like people go all the time drunk in a restaurant ... stupid brainless government does not know SHIT

 

and Prayut saying he will not leave so long thailand needs him, what we need is that he buy a new pair of brains, and after that dig a hole go to sit in it and never come out of it

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You can certainly understand the mayor’s concerns. Without its nightlife, Pattaya is just some run down city with a bad beach and dirty water. There is no real reason to visit until then. The problem is tourists wishing to visit won’t start planning a trip until they actually do reopen. Too many false starts to plan on a proposed opening. For me, I’ve already given up on returning this high season, booked somewhere else instead. Will try for the spring now. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, EdwardV said:

You can certainly understand the mayor’s concerns. Without its nightlife, Pattaya is just some run down city with a bad beach and dirty water. There is no real reason to visit until then. The problem is tourists wishing to visit won’t start planning a trip until they actually do reopen. Too many false starts to plan on a proposed opening. For me, I’ve already given up on returning this high season, booked somewhere else instead. Will try for the spring now. 

Have you seen the beach lately? Pristine.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Those darn alcohol bottles and the people letting the Covid pop out of them. How about the stupid morons running this country is the real reason. Well besides to the CCP’s world wide gift of love they released. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, ExpatPattaya said:

This is unnecessary.  If you are vaccinated and do not get any symptoms, you will be fine, but must continue mask wearing and other protocols.   

You do not have to put people into quarantine for every case. Unvaccinated should go as they are probably not following other safety protocols either.

Be safe if you are at risk, other you cannot control, this is the "New Normal" IMO

covid fact.jpg

I agree, I think the Thai government just wait to have the whole population vaccinated at least 70%, as of right now, it's 56% and will reach 70% by December 8.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Poolie said:

Have you seen the beach lately? Pristine.

On my last trip there, I was amazed at the number of rats I saw running about the beach.

I wonder if the current "pristine" state might be linked to the lack of tourists. I remember many years ago, there was an ad campaign called, "Keep Britain Tidy". I can't even begin to guess at the number of defaced posters that had added to them, "Kill a tourist".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By posting on Thaiger Talk you agree to the Terms of Use