News Forum - Pattaya Music Festival attendees urged to get tested for Covid after positive cases

Thaiger

Those who attended the Pattaya Music Festival on November 12 and 13 are urged to get tested for Covid-19 after several people who went to the festival later tested positive for the virus. While the festival ran under Covid-19 prevention measures, with the audience seated to ensure social distancing, the government spokesperson says many people outside of the event area did not follow control measures. Many took off their masks, stood close together, and “secretly” drank alcohol, she says.

The story Pattaya Music Festival attendees urged to get tested for Covid after positive cases as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

So it's got nothing to do with the large crowds in confined spaces? Because that would mean it was a stupid idea to get loads of people together in a confined space singing along.  

Blame the foreigners who were drinking alcohol?

2 hours ago, Pete424 said:

So it's got nothing to do with the large crowds in confined spaces? Because that would mean it was a stupid idea to get loads of people together in a confined space singing along.  

Blame the foreigners who were drinking alcohol?

Sure there are going people to such events who have already covid but it doesn't change the fact that it is outside safer than in any closed rooms or buildings etc.

Any office, factory it is much more risk. Even I not went to this event or festival I am nit thinking it is safer if I go to my supermarket or I am nit thinking nobody could be there with covid because mostly it is with no symptoms or mild symptoms. The society has to learn to conentrate more on the people at risk, health issues and older people and sure they should not go where many people are or go clubbing etc. but I guess they not do it if they are aware about their health issues, age etc.. we have no long time studies already which groups got serious problems with covid. For them also we should use the resources and if we done before more lifes were safed and could be safed. The biggest problem will be now the big families where all live together under one roof including the old and with health issues as we could see from other countries they can bring it to the homes and mostly the kids have no symptoms. Important also the classrooms have a good air circulation. The people in risk surely should be vaccinated and older ones also a booster. 

14 hours ago, Stardust said:

The society has to learn to conentrate more on the people at risk, health issues and older people and sure they should not go where many people are or go clubbing etc. but I guess they not do it if they are aware about their health issues, age etc..

As a member of this elite group of sickly old people I agree 100%.

Not likely in Thailand though as it took me 3 months to get vaccinated and the first jab is effectively useless. My next challenge is to find somewhere to get an AZ as my 3rd/booster jab.

There are many YouTube videos from the festival, much more crowded than I would have thought when all you read is how dead Pattaya is at the moment.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Saltire said:

As a member of this elite group of sickly old people I agree 100%.

Not likely in Thailand though as it took me 3 months to get vaccinated and the first jab is effectively useless. My next challenge is to find somewhere to get an AZ as my 3rd/booster jab.

There are many YouTube videos from the festival, much more crowded than I would have thought when all you read is how dead Pattaya is at the moment.

The you tubers sure always filming the topics or extremes and not the entire situations or entire situation of Pattaya so it can give you a wrong impression.