News Forum - Covid test required to enter CentralWorld’s Groove area in Bangkok

Thaiger

Shoppers entering CentralWorld’s Groove area in Bangkok will need to take a rapid antigen test to enter the two-storey section in one of the Thailand’s largest shopping centres. Alcohol sales and consumption at the Groove zone, which has a variety of cafes, restaurants, and space to hang out, is still allowed. Customers who enter test negative in an ATK (antigen test kit) at the door, and at their own expense, according to a post CentralWorld made today on its Facebook page. To enter, customers must go through the entrance by the The Offices at CentralWorld. Exits on the first and […]

The story Covid test required to enter CentralWorld’s Groove area in Bangkok as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I love this place and whole area can get crowded. It's also not really an outdoor area, so I agree. This make sense. I would think all food courts should have the same policy 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, AlexPTY said:

I love this place and whole area can get crowded. It's also not really an outdoor area, so I agree. This make sense. I would think all food courts should have the same policy 

It makes sense to me as the crowds do gather. Not a bad idea really, pity that Phuket didn't do it earlier.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

Shoppers entering CentralWorld’s Groove area in Bangkok will need to take a rapid antigen test to

make a record .? give me the needle this would .. 

• Haha 1

A little more reporting would help a lot!

Will the ATK test kits be sold there?  If so at what price?
Since all customers entering are required to have an ATK test, will all the restaurant employees have the same EVERY day?

Just practical questions ....

I'm supportive, certainly... just curious what the cost would be (1000 baht would be a steep "cover charge"), and if testing positive what then. Are you hauled-off to quarantine or hospital? 

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

Shoppers entering CentralWorld’s Groove area in Bangkok will need to take a rapid antigen test to enter the two-storey section in one of the Thailand’s largest shopping centres. Alcohol sales and consumption at the Groove zone, which has a variety of cafes, restaurants, and space to hang out, is still allowed. Customers who enter test negative in an ATK (antigen test kit) at the door, and at their own expense, according to a post CentralWorld made today on its Facebook page. To enter, customers must go through the entrance by the The Offices at CentralWorld. Exits on the first and […]

The story Covid test required to enter CentralWorld’s Groove area in Bangkok as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

If they need one at the Groove zone are they going to ask for one at the food courts?

Seems a bit silly to me, had breakfast on Sundsy morning at Dusit Thani hotel...it was packed. No ATK tests, go to the food courts at any mall outside Sukhumvit it's busier than Groove zone....

Let's see how long that rule lasts when customers decide to eat elsewhere....

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pete424 said:

Let's see how long that rule lasts when customers decide to eat elsewhere....

Or when they require STI test prior to entry to Patpong, Nana and Cowboy! That may be a CCSA requirement to come? Imagine all the tests just to go somewhere ….. 

Soon, you will need to pay (and wait) for an ATK test to enter any restaurant, mall or entertainment venue.  And if you happen to test positive, you will be taken away by ambulance.  Count most people out.

5 hours ago, Pi_Tim said:

Any idea why they do not alternatively ask for a proof of vaccination / digital health pass ?

Vaccinated people also transmit Covid.  Seems logical to require the test for everyone to enter, vaxxed or unvaxxed

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Saunk said:

Vaccinated people also transmit Covid.  Seems logical to require the test for everyone to enter, vaxxed or unvaxxed

Hypocrisy of it all!

My daughter is taking a civil service exam in December ! Vaxers aren’t required to take a covid test but non vaxers are!

On 11/25/2021 at 9:49 PM, Saunk said:

Yes, but the idea was to live with it, not to avoid....