News Forum - Health Minister concerned that once bars reopen, they could be Covid “hotspots”

Thaiger

17 hours ago, BangkokBen said:

The pandemic is over.  Covid is now an endemic disease like the flu and with vaccines, carries a similar risk (even less for kids).  You can either open and deal with Covid or you can stay in lockdown and deal with Covid.

How about Option 3 - vaccinate first, then 'open and deal with Covid' ?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Rain said:

Per ratio comparative rate [deaths per infections], more have died from any average annual influenza than that of the dreaded covid. 

and the source for that little gem of disinformation is what, exactly 😂 ?

On 11/25/2021 at 5:36 AM, yselmike said:

So what do you think tourists do when they go on holiday? You seem to be the fixated on whores.I like to go out to bars and restaurants and clubs,have been doing it for the last 55 years of my 70 years.I want a vibrant night life even if I'm not really part of it any more.

You are one tourist.

Tourist that are married and with young children look to a different holiday experience than the bars and clubs.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Stardust said:

Countries in Europe have to accept up 25 000 flu death each year and many other death numbers fro viruses, diseases etc. I still not get how the hell sombody can be that insane that now is a zero is possible? In their dreams, another planet in a far future????

25,000 deaths from flu in each country in Europe?

That would be over 500,000 every year!😂!

27 minutes ago, TukTuk said:

You are one tourist.

Tourist that are married and with young children look to a different holiday experience than the bars and clubs.

Bars and clubs are the sexpath experience. They’re only a small part of the total, but very vocal here.

23 minutes ago, LoongFred said:

Bars and clubs are the sexpath experience. They’re only a small part of the total, but very vocal here.

I'd say it's more like 60/40 on your path.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, LoongFred said:

As they cater to all tastes that must make them a dual carriageway, not just a path.

• Haha 2

On 11/25/2021 at 7:25 PM, Bluesofa said:

Either A-nut-in here doesn't drink, or he hasn't been photographed drinking?

Remember earlier in the year when he took he staff out at Songkran and was photographed not wearing a mask.
Told the press who asked him about it that 'it wasn't a big deal'.
Probably because there were no dirty foreigners around.

Good for him if he doesn't drink and hopefully doesn't smoke. This sets a positive example for others. As for other vices, he hasn't been reported to have them (but I don't know). As the minister of health leadership by example is important. 

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, TukTuk said:

You are one tourist.

I visit bars,clubs and restaurants wherever in the world I am on holiday,it's in your head that I am there for other reasons,or every single male on vacation is a sex tourist.

• Like 2

On 11/25/2021 at 7:06 PM, DiJoDavO said:

Anutin is busy worrying about everything except giving people their refunds on the Moderna vaccines. 

My partner just got news she gets her first jab Dec 17 and second Jan 14 in Khon Kaen.

she was something like 113000 on the list. Numbers 61000 till 150000 are invited

• Like 1

On 11/25/2021 at 12:22 PM, Thaiger said:

Thailand’s Public Health Minister says he’s concerned that places that serve alcohol could become Covid-19 “hotspots” as people who are intoxicated are less likely to follow disease control measures.

Yes much better to have music concerts and fireworks displays. 

Certainly no chance of covid being spread by those. 

Just more hypocrisy where some activities that clearly are more likely to spread covid to very large groups of people are not only permitted but sanctioned but a an outside bar with tables 3 meters apart with seating for 25 is shut due to the risk. 

image.thumb.png.bdc965cfaa7f62e697471796c706cff2.png

image.thumb.png.fabdda2f5e0bb32d2fc1199b368aec4a.png

3 hours ago, longwood50 said:

Yes much better to have music concerts and fireworks displays. 

Certainly no chance of covid being spread by those. 

Just more hypocrisy where some activities that clearly are more likely to spread covid to very large groups of people are not only permitted but sanctioned but a an outside bar with tables 3 meters apart with seating for 25 is shut due to the risk. 

image.thumb.png.bdc965cfaa7f62e697471796c706cff2.png

image.thumb.png.fabdda2f5e0bb32d2fc1199b368aec4a.png

Yes many farangs 😅