News Forum - Covid-19 infections hit Phuket schools and Bangla Road

Thaiger

Phuket is struggling with 2 clusters of Covid-19 that have health authorities worried, with one in schools and one in the centre of tourism on Bangla Road in Patong. The Deputy Director of Vachira Phuket Hospital detailed the 2 main clusters and warned that infections are increasing on the island. Phuket had fallen from a time when daily infections were as high as 250 per day down to about 50 cases per day, but have now climbed back up to 80 and yesterday saw 105 infections. The majority of those 105 infections were found in those 2 clusters. In Patong, […]

The story Covid-19 infections hit Phuket schools and Bangla Road as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I was wondering how long it would take.

24 positive tests for covid19 that have been declared so far. 

If the place is to be opened keep restrictions and the policing/enforcing of mandates in place.

A big part of the spread of the virus has to be attributed to government officialdom.

All very good about making laws to punish those not wishing to vaccinate or wear a face mask but how about giving those in power that themselves turn a blind eye to rules a good kick in the guts for not taking responsibility.

• Like 4

Vachira’s Deputy Director said family outbreaks spreading in schools has been a common problem in Phuket since schools reopened.

They opened 9 days ago, probably "too common" to be news worthy.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, mickkotlarski said:

I was wondering how long it would take.

24 positive tests for covid19 that have been declared so far. 

If the place is to be opened keep restrictions and the policing/enforcing of mandates in place.

A big part of the spread of the virus has to be attributed to government officialdom.

All very good about making laws to punish those not wishing to vaccinate or wear a face mask but how about giving those in power that themselves turn a blind eye to rules a good kick in the guts for not taking responsibility.

Its hardly surprising.. my friends are band members in the 3 live music venue's here that have been closed.. the crowds cramming into the venue's, drunk, singing loudly, jumping and dancing and if 1 more person can be squeezed in then the owners will do everything they can.. I'm surprised at the 24 positive atk's as every day reports are always under 10 and still no official report of this 24.. but now they reset the numbers that were in covid care centres around the 1st of November  I've seen a daily increase.. of hospitels covid care centres and CI's (Community isolation) today up to 544, average of 54 per 10 day quarantine/isolation on top of yesterday's pcr test official numbers of 110 

Can see at this rate phuket closed for Christmas 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Malc-Thai said:

Its hardly surprising.. my friends are band members in the 3 live music venue's here that have been closed.. the crowds cramming into the venue's, drunk, singing loudly, jumping and dancing and if 1 more person can be squeezed in then the owners will do everything they can.. I'm surprised at the 24 positive atk's as every day reports are always under 10 and still no official report of this 24.. but now they reset the numbers that were in covid care centres around the 1st of November  I've seen a daily increase.. of hospitels covid care centres and CI's (Community isolation) today up to 544, average of 54 per 10 day quarantine/isolation on top of yesterday's pcr test official numbers of 110 

Can see at this rate phuket closed for Christmas 

Maybe playing with the infected numbers big time, Pnut needs to keep his pet project (Phuket Sandbox) open for New Year and his big planned 100 million baht spend up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, palooka said:

Maybe playing with the infected numbers big time, Pnut needs to keep his pet project (Phuket Sandbox) open for New Year and his big planned 100 million baht spend up.

Totally agree its got to work even if its not working how they wanted it to!  Well they had around 2300 in hide'm away hotels from atk testing for 2 or 3 months.. when the doctors kicked up about antigen testing not being recorded then miraculously these numbers dropped nearly overnight and reset for the 1st of November .. I've watched the numbers going up weekly to today 544 in ci hospitels and covid care centres.. all atks .. I believe pcr testing go to hospitals or field hospitals ..they also had entertainment and food stalls all set up along the beach to be cancelled 3 or 4 days before loy kathong  so they must have known then. that was around the same time one bar had 8 covid infections but nobody knew what bar especially the owner would not admit to that.. I really hope things settle down and not hidden .. 

• Like 3

Alcohol doesn't spread Covid

Bars don't spread Covid

Restaurants don't spread Covid

People spread Covid

As soon as authorities let go of restrictions, some people turn brainless. 

Bars allow too many people in and in many restaurants tables are still too close together. And when it all goes tits up, they point the finger at someone else.

If these business owners had two braincells between them, they would limit access, take care of their customers and themselves and avoid new restrictions. Then they can't make a speedy greedy fortune, but have a continuous flow of income without being shut down again. The same goes for the customers: you don't enter a place that is crowded already in these times.

It all is really simple, but countries are filled with morons!

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

Bars don't spread Covid

People spread Covid

Bars allow too many people in and in many restaurants tables are still too close together. And when it all goes tits up, they point the finger at someone else.

If these business owners had two braincells between them, they would limit access, take care of their customers and themselves and avoid new restrictions. Then they can't make a speedy greedy fortune, but have a continuous flow of income without being shut down again. The same goes for the customers: you don't enter a place that is crowded already in these times.

Sadly it's the thai way when money is there to take.. it should be, fill to allowed capacity then 1 out 1 in.. but if they can push people closer to get another group of people in they just do it.  the officials that walk up and down the street to monitor this love a selfie of set up back drops and are just crazy how they just ignore the rest 

• Like 2

Just now, Malc-Thai said:

Sadly it's the thai way when money is there to take.. it should be, fill to allowed capacity then 1 out 1 in.. but if they can push people closer to get another group of people in they just do it.  the officials that walk up and down the street to monitor this love a selfie of set up back drops and are just crazy how they just ignore the rest 

I agree, as it's what you see. Same here in CM over Loy Kratong.

But if people can't behave responsibly, then others will decide for them to limit the damage and they lose their right to complain in my opinion.

• Thanks 3

7 hours ago, Bob20 said:

Bars don't spread Covid

People spread Covid

Well said Bob, I fully agree. I would add, that once the decision  was made to allow  non vaccinated or partially vaccinated  people into Phuket, it was only a matter of time. If the Sandbox  was as successful as the TAT forecast, then the situation would be much worse, and  Phuket on Lockdown. It may well happen by Christmas anyway. The target tourists are from Europe, and its exploding there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Bob20 said:

Bars don't spread Covid

People spread Covid

Exactly the same problem here in the U.K. @Bob20  I was in a restaurant a few days ago and the place was full to bursting. The manager had even squeezed additional tables in to the dinning areas. Doors and windows closed and none of the staff wearing masks. Looking at the scene, you would think it was November 2019 instead of November 2021. I left without ordering and explained to the manager why. His response was that he had been closed a long time and needed to maximise business. I was lost for words given I didn’t want to call him a Thick and clueless SOB. As you say, the same moronic thinking is going on all over the world. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Soidog said:

Exactly the same problem here in the U.K. @Bob20  I was in a restaurant a few days ago and the place was full to bursting. The manager had even squeezed additional tables in to the dinning areas. Doors and windows closed and none of the staff wearing masks. Looking at the scene, you would think it was November 2019 instead of November 2021. I left without ordering and explained to the manager why. His response was that he had been closed a long time and needed to maximise business. I was lost for words given I didn’t want to call him a Thick and clueless SOB. As you say, the same moronic thinking is going on all over the world. 

Its unfortunate that so many have this type of summation reality of maximizing profits to make up for loss of revenue. All very good but cab be done safely and sensibly. I'm staying off the beaten track.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, mickkotlarski said:

Its unfortunate that so many have this type of summation reality of maximizing profits to make up for loss of revenue. All very good but cab be done safely and sensibly. I'm staying off the beaten track.  

Yes mate I agree. I can fully understand the urge to make up for lost revenue. Ultimately these businesses are suffering and the temptation to make money is understandable. What I can’t understand is that they can’t see that by acting in this way, risks further restrictions or even full lockdowns. At least the manager of the restaurant I went to didn’t seem to understand it! 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Soidog said:

Yes mate I agree. I can fully understand the urge to make up for lost revenue. Ultimately these businesses are suffering and the temptation to make money is understandable. What I can’t understand is that they can’t see that by acting in this way, risks further restrictions or even full lockdowns. At least the manager of the restaurant I went to didn’t seem to understand it! 

Perhaps ignorance is bliss but more over I'm afraid its simply ignorance or greed. At least you tried to use reasoning.

• Like 2

I just wonder, with the 'service personal' coming back to Phuket, are they all vaccinated? Or just protected by the age and no overweight and such? There are more and more jung faces to see, not only in massage parlors, but also on the back seat of scooters and motorcycles. Phuket is coming back, on the roads it is almost as horrible, as it was before covid. Just the big busses are still missing, eh, not to spot, yet.

It is typical really. We're up against a virus that's trying to survive and move to another host so it can spread. It requires that we will congregate. That gives more hosts to cling to. It is spread by us breathing it to others, once it has taken hold of us. It requires people to be close together to spread, in closed places with poor ventilation. It has easy access to those who don't wear masks. It has easy access to those who refuse to see how it spreads.It has easy access to those who aren't vaccinated. And all the time it is changing and mutating. We have had 2 years to learn.... by this time, anyone who hasn't learned, hasn't obeserved how this virus works and spreads.....is not only doomed to their own fate...they endanger others.... or we can act as intelligent human beings, who see how this virus works and modify our behaviour to deprive it of the opportunity to spread. So are we intelligent or stupid?? Everyone has a choice...but even your choice will effect others.

• Like 1