What is everyone's favorite Shot?

Alice

Kamikaze Shot: It is a mix of  vodka, orange liquor and lime juice.

With the lock down, I have not had one of these for a very long time and now wishing the bars to reopen.

• Haha 1

Oil Spill Shots

To make these little blue layered shooters, mix up Goldschläger, blue curacao, and Jägermeister.

Be warned after a few of these the legs are a bit wobbly

• Cool 2

Next time when drinking shots, have one of these

B-52 is made using

Kahlua, then Baileys Irish Cream, and then Grand Marnier on top.

David, where is your selections?

• Cool 2

Top of the shots list

Cement mixer shot, it is made with Baileys Irish Cream and lime juice

When mixed in the mouth, the acid in the lime juice will curdle the cream liqueur causing it to rapidly gain viscosity and stick to the drinkers' teeth, like cement.

Its a fun drink!!!!

• Haha 2
  • Cool 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm partial to tequila, but I don't know whether much of the "sipping" stuff is imported to Thailand. Usually pack a bottle in my luggage just in case.

• Like 1

When I used to drink it was always Tequila. Loved the stuff. Some nights after a few shots, it would go down like water, But always found out the next morning it definitely wasn't water! ??

• Haha 1

Tequila. My absolute favorite. But the good ones, and not for shots. Like warm sake, shots are for the substandard crap. 

And for sipping, as the good tequilas can be and should be consumed. It is hard to find good tequilas here. At some of the Gourmet Market locations they have Don Julio (expensive), and El Jimador (1,200 baht for the reposado). While El Jimador is not a great tequila, it is decent, and is respected within Mexico, as an "everyman's tequila". It is excellent for mixing. OK, for sipping. Stay away from Patron. It is overpriced junk tequila. And needless to say the local brands that you see in the bars, like Sierra, Don Pepe, etc. are not really tequila. They are overpriced junk. About $4 bottle in Mexico, if you could even find them. Mexicans would not be caught dead drinking this garbage. Cuervo gold or silver are just marginally acceptable. As mixers, not for sipping. 

Wish some of my favorites were available here, but if they were, they would be overpriced. Casa Noble reposado or anejo, Clase Azul, Corralejo, Cuervo Reserva de la Familia, Fortaleza, San Matias, and some of the great Mescals too. There are now dozens and dozens of really gorgeous tequilas available in the US for $60 or less. 

Here is the best tequila site I have found. Alot of great info. Info about virtually all good tequilas can be found there. 

https://tequilamatchmaker.com

Each time I head to the US, I bring back two or three really good bottles. My current selection. Delicious stuff! The El Jimador I bought here. Just decent stuff for mixing. 

20210802_134841.jpg

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, dmacarelli said:

Each time I head to the US, I bring back two or three really good bottles. My current selection. Delicious stuff! The El Jimador I bought here. Just decent stuff for mixing. 

20210802_134841.jpg

Wow, this is an impressive collection considering it has to be personally imported.

In my limited experience, Thai people do not much like Tequila, although they seem to enjoy some pretty harsh rums and whiskeys. Maybe it's the characteristic pepperiness that tickles the nose?

21 hours ago, SomTum said:

Wow, this is an impressive collection considering it has to be personally imported.

In my limited experience, Thai people do not much like Tequila, although they seem to enjoy some pretty harsh rums and whiskeys. Maybe it's the characteristic pepperiness that tickles the nose?

No, it is usually the extremely low quality they have been exposed to. I have had many Thais try these tequilas, and though they find them strong, many are impressed and surprised. Most are used to trying Sierra and Don Pepe, and I do not even think those are tequilas. Likely alcohol, with some cactus flavoring added!