News Forum - Tourism recovery in Phang Nga still sluggish

Thaiger

Thailand may have re-opened but there’s little sign yet of any significant recovery in the southern province of Phang Nga. The Bangkok Post reports that most businesses in the tourist area of Khao Lak are still suffering. Despite the coastal resort being open for over 3 weeks now, there are only a handful of tourists in the region. Chayabol Hirankanokkul from the Phang Nga Tourism Association is optimistic things will pick up in early 2022, based on the number of rooms booked. He adds that around 50% of hotel rooms have already been booked for next month. He says tour […]

The story Tourism recovery in Phang Nga still sluggish as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Between the pandemic and rains/rough seas I'm not surprised that things are quiet down South.

Still though its these quiet months that gives the environment some partial breathing space.

• Like 1

I'm one of the repeat customers coming every year for the winter with my wife. The visa application took me 2 days to compile and that is just step 1. Some of my friends give up. The paper chase exceeds any other country I've travelled to. Requires drastic overhaul. The PCR in advance costs almost as much as a flight in Norway, then insurance, special hotel, and airfares almost double past levels. Hey ho we love Thailand and will jump the hoops but TAT should not hold their breath for significant numbers arriving for the winter, other than those with family or holiday property in Thailand.