News Forum - New Zealand sets to reopen to tourists from April 30, 2022

Thaiger

International travellers who have been fully vaccinated will be able to enter New Zealand starting April 30, 2022, with the reopening to be phased in over time, according to Covid-19 Response Minister Chris Hipkins, after two years of border shut down since March 2020. Fully vaccinated residents and Australians with a residence visa can travel to New Zealand starting January 16, while foreigners with a residence visa from other countries can travel starting February 13.  During this staged approach to reconnecting New Zealand with the world, Hipkins promised to “carefully manage the risk” and reduce any potential impacts on vulnerable […]

The story New Zealand sets to reopen to tourists from April 30, 2022 as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

9 hours ago, MrNovax said:

After seeing how sociopathic their government has been over the last year and a half, who in their mind would want to go there?

Warning - biased Aussie talking 😁  New Zealand is a great country to visit - but the locals are definitely crazy. They are friendly but they are as mad as hatters. Good at Rugby and Cricket and sheep shagging, but not a lot else.  The indigenous people (Maoris) are great people - but avoid the descendants of European immigration to the most isolated and backward country on the planet 😉 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, MrNovax said:

After seeing how sociopathic their government has been over the last year and a half, who in their mind would want to go there?

Yeah.....those episodes were a bit OTT extreme. 

4 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

but avoid the descendants of European immigration to the most isolated and backward country on the planet 😉

But nicer people than horsetrailia's ex-convict descendants 😛

Worst things about NZ is the current Labour (commie) Government and crap weather for ~ 9 months of the year. 

Fabulous country for tourists to visit as so much to see and do.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, KaptainRob said:

Too bad they let those old pomms out🤣

NZ has a lot more natural catastrophe though

6 minutes ago, HiuMak said:

NZ has a lot more natural catastrophe though

It's called 'adventure tourism' - floods, earthquakes, eruptions, gang murders - but hey, no snakes! 😃

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

37 minutes ago, KaptainRob said:

Worst things about NZ is the current Labour (commie) Government and crap weather for ~ 9 months of the year. 

Absolutely a great place - the countryside is brilliant - and all in a small place and easily travelled in a short time (compared to Australia) - but many Kiwis are just 'mad'. 

NZ ids great to drive/ride around - small.  I remember years ago in Sydney when a Swedish couple were renting the unit next to us while staying in Australia on an extended holiday. They knocked on our door one Sunday morning and asked if we would like to go with them to look at Canberra. I said we both had to work Monday so we could not. They looked puzzled and then they said they were only going for the day. I then pointed out how far it was to drive to Canberra (no freeway back then) and that it was about a 5-6 hour drive. They were totally stunned - they looked at their map book and said "but it is only that far". I pointed out it was well over 300kms and the roads were mainly not highways - they could not believe how big Australia was. "But we can drive to Hamburg in Germany is less time than that".  Big big country.

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

"But we can drive to Hamburg in Germany is less time than that".  Big big country.

Plus Autobahn has no speed limit. Country roads in Aus is what 90km/h and 50km/h in build up areas?

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

Absolutely a great place - the countryside is brilliant - and all in a small place and easily travelled in a short time (compared to Australia) - but many Kiwis are just 'mad'. 

NZ ids great to drive/ride around - small.  I remember years ago in Sydney when a Swedish couple were renting the unit next to us while staying in Australia on an extended holiday. They knocked on our door one Sunday morning and asked if we would like to go with them to look at Canberra. I said we both had to work Monday so we could not. They looked puzzled and then they said they were only going for the day. I then pointed out how far it was to drive to Canberra (no freeway back then) and that it was about a 5-6 hour drive. They were totally stunned - they looked at their map book and said "but it is only that far". I pointed out it was well over 300kms and the roads were mainly not highways - they could not believe how big Australia was. "But we can drive to Hamburg in Germany is less time than that".  Big big country.

Thanks Bob. I agree about some mad Kiwi's and we've got a rivalry that between us but though this may sound corny but working with New Zealanders (both White and Maori)  in Africa and Islamic lands I feel very happy knowing my fellow ANZACs are by my side.

Loved working there (only Aussie on location) but was treated very well despite the odd few words about rugby/cricket. Many are mates for life.

Must agree about the Chinese though. Sorry KR but have to say it.

If it has 4 legs but isn't a table.

If it swims underwater but isn't a submarine.

And if it flies in the air but isn't a plane or helicopter.

A Chinaman will eat it.

• Haha 2

Since cases are rising sharply in New Zealand, they finally realized their zero Covid strategy wasn't going to work forever, so might as well make some tourist money. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, BangkokBen said:

Since cases are rising sharply in New Zealand, they finally realized their zero Covid strategy wasn't going to work forever, so might as well make some tourist money. 

For sure. Covid isn't going away. Why not learn how to live with it while scientists find ways to combat it.

We can't all stay unemployed forever.

• Like 1