News Forum - DDC focuses on low vaccination provinces, finds people missing

Thaiger

As the Department of Disease Control focuses its strategy on getting everyone vaccinated and planning booster shots for next year, one problem has emerged for vaccinating people in provinces with low vaccination rates: they’re not there. As officials try to incentivise people to get vaccines, they are finding that in some provinces, unvaccinated people simple don’t actually live at their registered addresses. The DDC has its sights set on herd immunity and believes they will vaccinate enough people by next month to hit the levels they believe they need. After that, a drive of booster shots will be launched to […]

The story DDC focuses on low vaccination provinces, finds people missing as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

While I'm glad to see any effort to get vaccines to the most vulnerable, any hesitancy by people is often overcome by sudden outbreaks. What has helped in my own state has been an end date to other coming into the country/province. It is the motivation some need to get vaccinated. We can't go on like this forever....

More worrying is that they've had ample opportunity at walk-ins in Bangkok, confirmed as AZ + Pfizer, and evidently they haven't 'walked in'.

Not sure why that is, given the push in Bangkok.

Not surprised people missing for vaccination. Misinformation and rumors going around day to day. When government lose creditability it is so hard to persuade unwilling people. It is happening around the world and it is not only local problem. What goes around comes around. Educate, build trust, admit mishaps and be kind in general to over in this pandemic. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DiJoDavO said:

I thought they had the perfect solution:

TM30 and the 90day check....For everyone. 

I am sorry to disagree with you. I came from a county totalitarian over years. This is a stepping stone to control freedom of movement. TM30 should be abolished let alone apply on local population.  From where I came from one must report a visitor to your home. Some part of country and specific population must ask permission to travel and so on. There are non invasive way to track people easily these days.