Huamereng

Soloman

Hi, I’m planning to visit this second highest point in the country.  My plan is to stay at the Kiew Lom camping ground for one night and walk to the top in the morning.  I am an experienced trekker but have only bare essentials like boots, some warm clothes, a yoga mat and a summer sleeping bag. I have no tent nor cooking equipment. My questions:  are there tents or any accommodation at this camp site?  Is there a canteen to buy food? Appreciate to hear from anyone who has been there and done that.  Thanks, Ed 

• 5 months later...

Just visited this campground.  Highest in Thailand.  Lovely spot with only one tent when we were there.  Campground is nice with shade trees throughout; not like some campgrounds with bare, scorched earth, and no sun protection.  There were no tents for rent, but there was a makeshift canteen.  We had kaprao gai for cheap.  Lovely drive there, too!  Almost nobody on perfect tarmac.  Excellent motorbike driving.  We did not march on further.  But it seems that some who visit do.  

Thanks for sharing this info Phil.  I’m presently back in Australia.  Will plan on camping here next trip.  What was the trek up the top like?  Are there toilets at the camp site? Sounds like wild camping to me with the luxury of a canteen 👍

The road to the campground is perfect tarmac.  Beyond may be another makeshift campground at the summit, don't know, we did not trek there.  Stayed a few hours at the campsite at the trailhead.  It's a fairly new, beautiful road.  Amazing roads in general around there.  Little house/big forest & Amazing botanical garden/research center & much more to see around there.