News Forum - Thailand’s electric vehicle market is underway, with commercial EV’s in focus

Thaiger

Thailand’s electric vehicle market is underway, with companies focusing on the commercial EV’s as a starting point. As many expect EV’s to be the future of the auto industry, many companies are now making the switch to renewable energy. One company that is trying to get ahead of the game, is that of Bangkok-based Energy Absolute. The biodiesel producer and renewable energy company started evolving into the commercial EV business back in 2019. In March of this year, Thailand made a goal of having 1 million EV’s on its roads by 2025, with a figure of 15 million to be […]

The story Thailand’s electric vehicle market is underway, with commercial EV’s in focus as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Hmmm all about green ?

PEA have just written a letter to all owners who have done their bit and installed solar panels on a project near me demanding a 40,000 baht payment (fine) for not using their electric !!

It actually translated as ‘stealing’ their electric! 

• Haha 1

Even in places like the Netherlands where the power never goes down, the grid can't cope with the number of EV's that are charging already... 

You can only imagine the quiet roads here after a powercut 🤣 

It all depends on the generation of electricity. I know that seems like an obvious point, but the electricity still needs be generated. So how to generate it.....   

Apparently the Thai government along with their TAT sycophants will soon be promoting Scalextric as someone told them that they were an electric car producer of many years standing  😂

Jesus h  christ with  voltages  all over the shop and frequent brownouts/blackouts  this  is  going to be real  fun,  0nly  last  night had  3  rccb's trip  out when a  storm came thru then theres  the 20v down neutral to earth from the street  lighting that affects  my  own supply every time they  turn on in the road at  night, Thai electrics a  mess

Edited by RampantRabbit

2 hours ago, Jason said:

It all depends on the generation of electricity. I know that seems like an obvious point, but the electricity still needs be generated. So how to generate it.....   

Govt  ministers  can produce it  using hot  air

Edited by RampantRabbit

3 hours ago, RampantRabbit said:

Jesus h  christ with  voltages  all over the shop and frequent brownouts/blackouts  this  is  going to be real  fun,  0nly  last  night had  3  rccb's trip  out when a  storm came thru then theres  the 20v down neutral to earth from the street  lighting that affects  my  own supply every time they  turn on in the road at  night, Thai electrics a  mess

Spot on - not a lot scares me but I reserve that right for Thai electrics. I take a deep breath every time I plug the bedside lamp in !!

Stuff like this is very tightly controlled in the west but I'm not aware of any formal electrical qualification here, or if there is, found anyone that has it. Would be pleasantly surprised if anyone else is aware of such a thing.

A true idea coming out form the Thai Ine flew over the coockoo dodo’s nest. Better start making more coal burning electric plants if they want to meet their green needs. 

14 hours ago, Benroon said:

Spot on - not a lot scares me but I reserve that right for Thai electrics. I take a deep breath every time I plug the bedside lamp in !!

Stuff like this is very tightly controlled in the west but I'm not aware of any formal electrical qualification here, or if there is, found anyone that has it. Would be pleasantly surprised if anyone else is aware of such a thing.

We are lucky to have a qualified electrician in my village. A couple of years ago he advised me to completely rewire or home.  He said that most home fires are caused by inadequate and overloaded wiring. Since our home is wood good wiring becomes essential.  So we had him completely rewire with grounded circuits.  He also put in new circuit breakers and used conduits.  Took him about a week assisted by his wife and cost us <$1000. 

Others have complimented on his great work. I think he also does work for PEA. He told me he studied at the local technical College.

Good workers are available but you need to look at there work. One place to start might be your local technical college.