News Forum - Still waiting for Moderna? Anutin says give up and get Pfizer from the government

Thaiger

Thailand’s Health Minister says people who’ve paid for the Moderna vaccine but are still waiting to receive it should give up and accept Pfizer from the government instead. Anutin Charnvirakul says unvaccinated people should register for the government programme and take the Pfizer vaccine. “Ditch your vaccine orders and come for vaccines from the government. Those who have ordered a Moderna vaccine but have yet to receive it, come to us and we will give you Pfizer instead.” According to a Bangkok Post report, he says provincial health offices and regional Department of Disease Control offices have been urged to […]

The story Still waiting for Moderna? Anutin says give up and get Pfizer from the government as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Twisted reality again.

The government isn't offering Pfizer (at least not in CM)

They offer:

jab 1 AZ and then jab 2 Pfizer

or

jab 1 Sinovac and then jab 2 AZ 

Even the first option is not the same as offering Pfizer as it's suggested.

• Like 6

Great idea,  as long as you guarantee people get a full refund within 1 week and full doses of Pfizer not mix and match then you might get a few take ups 

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

Twisted reality again.

They offer:

or

No Pfizer our way Sinovac and AZ only and they wonder why the people don't want vaccination.

• Like 4

Just now, palooka said:

No Pfizer our way Sinovac and AZ only and they wonder why the people don't want vaccination.

Here the shopping centers have the signs with both options. But those vaccination locations have been closed since 15 November...

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, palooka said:

I've been vaccinated with double AZ, I'm still here. Most likely by the end of the year 2565 I'll get a booster of those paid Moderna's thank you people very much!

Let's explain reasoning: This would be a result as those whom bought Moderna are still waiting and will be evicted - thank you people for the free vaccine, no money back of course.

Edited by Shark
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

Twisted reality again.

They offer:

or

Same as many places people want the Pfizer but they tell them they make only 2nd shots rounds and even when not many people are there they refuse to give them the first shot and they go home without a jab. But was is different they not tell them after 1 Az they can get a Pfizer shot or its new or in CM. As usual the people are confused about regularities without any sense. Why they not just open walk ins first and second shot especially if they want people get their first shot? It is a bit weird that I know people that went 3,4 times to get their first shot for Pfizer and always came home without a shot. 

10 minutes ago, Malc-Thai said:

Great idea,  as long as you guarantee people get a full refund within 1 week and full doses of Pfizer not mix and match then you might get a few take ups 

Exactly

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

Here the shopping centers have the signs with both options. But those vaccination locations have been closed since 15 November...

Sounds like Anutin logic, shut the vaccination centres then fine you for not getting vaccinated.`

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Shark said:

I've been vaccinated with double AZ, I'm still here. Most likely by the end of the year 2565 I'll get a booster of those paid Moderna's thank you people very much!

Let's explain reasoning: This would be a result as those whom bought Moderna are still waiting and will be evicted - thank you people for the free vaccine, no money back of course.

I signed up for paid Moderna too, but got 2 Pfizer when they where available for free in Chiang Mai. When I signed up, they did say I was eligible for a refund if I had already received a vaccine. When they call me, we’ll have to see if they honor that. Otherwise or maybe even before that, I’ll probably sell my slot or donate the jab to someone else as some other friends have.

• Like 3
  • Cool 1

5 minutes ago, Stardust said:

Exactly

And what is the companies who pais and booked for their staff? Refunds? And enough Pfizer for first shot and second shot? And not a Sinovac mix?!

6 minutes ago, Shark said:

Which will never happen. Take your loss and move on or consider it a booster after being vaccinated.

Be aware that Companies booked and paid for their staff.

To backup my words see photo.

It says:

needle 1 AZ needle 2 Pfizer (or needle 2 AZ if necessary), then times, locations and number of available doses.

No explanation what "if necessary" means.

The jab locations remained quiet...

(And even if they jabbed to full capacity, one week of max. 40k doses a day does not add up to the promised 700.000 doses!!!)

IMG_20211124_094123.jpg

2 minutes ago, Stardust said:

Be aware that Companies booked and paid for their staff.

Not all of them. Still are people whom tried it here.
Also Companies might just also start taking the approach of using it as booster, the advice doesn't change.

• Like 1

I'll need a booster early next year, Moderna would be fine. Happy to pay for it. Whether from someone who wants to sell their slot, or from the hospital itself, not an issue. 

Good to see Minister Anutin all smiles & enjoying himself. Must be the relief in ramming that amnesty bill through,  which exempts from criminal prosecution and civil lawsuits, those that decided the country's vaccination policies. Protecting sensitive hindquarters, is so important.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Shark said:

Not all of them. Still are people whom tried it here.
Also Companies might just also start taking the approach of using it as booster, the advice doesn't change.

Their refunds? It is not just about 1 person! We are talking about big amounts of money!

• Like 1

And even if they do, then they can only use 1/2 of the Moderna 2 shots as a booster, and this is if lucky if the hospital will still honor it long term because it will be 4-56- months before they are eligible to have the booster. And the BS thing is the hospital will keep the 2nd "already paid" shot for free to sell and make 1600 - 1800 on it as they do not allow splitting the shots up into 2 other names. sot hey are making double the money on one shot. Is someone getting a piece of that pie? what is wrong with this picture? This guy is a total A- hole.

4 minutes ago, Mudshark said:

I'll need a booster early next year, Moderna would be fine. Happy to pay for it. Whether from someone who wants to sell their slot, or from the hospital itself, not an issue. 

Good to see Minister Anutin all smiles & enjoying himself. Must be the relief in ramming that amnesty bill through,  which exempts from criminal prosecution and civil lawsuits, those that decided the country's vaccination policies. Protecting sensitive hindquarters, is so important.

Yeah but that is the problem. The hospitals do not allow you to break up the order to transfer to 2 people so the person will loose the 2nd shot and the hospital keeps the 2nd free. Well not free as it is already paid for so they sell it and make double the money..

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Mudshark said:

I'll need a booster early next year, Moderna would be fine. Happy to pay for it.

You won't be getting it early next year, like anything Thailand is slow... so expect it at the end of it.
I wouldn't be paying for it as I pay my Taxes here and I'll see what's available by then.