News Forum - CCSA clarifies fines for ignoring mask mandate

Thaiger

The Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration released a reminder to the public that there is still a mask mandate in place that needs to be respected. But in response to concerns over the reported 20,000 baht fine for being caught without a mask, yesterday the CCSA assured the public that such a high fine would only be for repeat offenders and the first few offences would be much less. This reminder comes as a result of many foreigners and tourists being seen walking around Phuket without a mask, according to a CCSA spokeswoman. She went on to emphasise that there […]

The story CCSA clarifies fines for ignoring mask mandate as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 1

In patong , Once you check in to bangla road at night by temperature check and mask wearing then no more checks,  masks off walking between and in every bar.. the thai food sellers along the beach road nearly all wearing their masks under their chins.. nearly every massage shop especially the really big girls!  that say "matharge" in  a deep voice! again no masks ! ..  if the police got a bonus for catching these then no doubt it would be stopped immediately 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Under the Disease Control Act, you are required to always wear masks while you are in public spaces or while doing activities in groups

What about running or cycling?
Last year we were told specifically by a senior government doctor not to wear a mask for these two activities. He said that a mask impeded the air flow into the lungs.
I can't see if these two are exempt. They're hardly 'group activities'.
Or are we supposed to breathe more gently now instead?

44 minutes ago, Bluesofa said:

What about running or cycling?
Last year we were told specifically by a senior government doctor not to wear a mask for these two activities. He said that a mask impeded the air flow into the lungs.
I can't see if these two are exempt. They're hardly 'group activities'.
Or are we supposed to breathe more gently now instead?

I'm pretty sure the exercising rule comes in play and don't need to wear a mask.. many walk the beach here at dusk everyday as exercise and not questioned... 

5 minutes ago, Malc-Thai said:

I'm pretty sure the exercising rule comes in play and don't need to wear a mask.. many walk the beach here at dusk everyday as exercise and not questioned... 

That's interesting.
A friend was cycling on Koh Phangan without a mask a few months ago. The police stopped him and said he had to wear a mask.
I've started pulling mine down below my mouth when cycling on quieter roads.

5 hours ago, Malc-Thai said:

In patong , Once you check in to bangla road at night by temperature check and mask wearing then no more checks,  masks off walking between and in every bar.. the thai food sellers along the beach road nearly all wearing their masks under their chins.. nearly every massage shop especially the really big girls!  that say "matharge" in  a deep voice! again no masks ! ..  if the police got a bonus for catching these then no doubt it would be stopped immediately 

Interesting info who not live in Phuket to know it is specific thing  more in Phuket. Before it seems they talk for whole Thailand and most not registrated any difference then before as the Bangkok and Chonbury also is more with expats than tourists many were wondering what tourists they mean. It would be interesting to know from people in Phuket are there more tourists or a lot of them expats at the moment?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Saunk said:

Having to wear a mask outside is absurd, no science behind it.

It's probably not worth replying as if it hasn't sunk in by now, it probably never will.

It all depends on your surroundings.

If you walk past a contagious person at 2 meters distance and you both breathe normally, it probably doesn't matter.

But if you walk at 4 meters distance from a contagious person and they sneeze in your direction, you better wear a mask to protect yourself from the aerosole!

Are you also going to argue that you don't need to wear a seatbelt if you don't have an accident? Or do you realise that you wear it for unforeseen circumstances?

19 minutes ago, Stardust said:

Interesting info who not live in Phuket to know it is specific thing  more in Phuket. Before it seems they talk for whole Thailand and most not registrated any difference then before as the Bangkok and Chonbury also is more with expats than tourists many were wondering what tourists they mean. It would be interesting to know from people in Phuket are there more tourists or a lot of them expats at the moment?

There are the main nightlife areas where now quite a lot of tourists are visiting but also what length of holiday is a tourist?.. some expats are back here because you get to see them going back to their condos the motorbikes start moving cars being uncovered that have sat here for a while.. also you can tell how they walk about they know here, as tourists are looking at every shop and selfie at many places.. it's hard to give numbers and nationalities. I see without being racist many Arab many from Israel and Americans some from Europe and a few from UK..the nightlife is certainly doing well. bangla road has many places open this is spreading out.. nanai Road most expats use is getting busy too.. even now to pull out of a turning on the motorbike takes longer because of much more traffic.. bangla road a few nights Back queuing to get temperature and vaccinated status to get in 

Screenshot_20211120-000244_Facebook.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, ace035 said:

Eating, drinking, jogging, running & cycling are exemptions for sure.

Can you point me to a page where it confirms that please?

7 hours ago, ace035 said:

It's under WHO & CDC rules

Thanks, but I want a link to where it states it, specifically  regarding Thailand.

If there still is an exemption for running and cycling, I'm guessing it's the CCSA ruling somewhere?
If I'm stopped, the Thai police won't be interested in any non-Thai rules.

9 hours ago, Bob20 said:

It's probably not worth replying as if it hasn't sunk in by now, it probably never will.

If you walk past a contagious person at 2 meters distance and you both breathe normally, it probably doesn't matter.

But if you walk at 4 meters distance from a contagious person and they sneeze in your direction, you better wear a mask to protect yourself from the aerosole!

Are you also going to argue that you don't need to wear a seatbelt if you don't have an accident? Or do you realise that you wear it for unforeseen circumstances?

Quote,'you better wear a mask to protect yourself from the aerosole!'

haven't you spelt that wrong!

😁😁😁😁😁

9 hours ago, Bob20 said:

Been doing my 10 minutes morning comments reading, always cheerful early in the morning, Bob20 you never fail to get the best laugh out of me. Thanks, honestly.

Like you, I found that it is "not worth replying" to you on that subject. But like you did with Saunk anyway, I will anyway... just by asking one simple question:

If the virus sars-cov-2 had never existed, if it was not there, would you wear a mask to avoid all the other viruses and bacteria that you can also catch the same way (someone sneezing right in your direction 4m away....ha ha ha...sorry, it is so good. I bet you win the lotery on a regular bases with this attitude)? Would you? Cause you definitely should, for example, to protect yourself against tuberculosis cause it killed 1.5 million people worldwide in 2020 (1.8 died from covid in 2020). With 1.5 million deaths, isn't it as dangerous than the 1.8 deaths from covid? Honest question to you Bob20, but somehow I can guess the answer...

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Bluesofa said:

Thanks, but I want a link to where it states it, specifically  regarding Thailand.

If there still is an exemption for running and cycling, I'm guessing it's the CCSA ruling somewhere?
If I'm stopped, the Thai police won't be interested in any non-Thai rules.

Strange things happening in my area, I go for a drive around almost everyday late afternoon and I keep seeing these two policemen bombing around on their bike with lights flashing and stopping farangs also riding a bike I've seen them in different parts of the area, I thinking whats going on here, they flew up the inside of me the other day and flagged down this farang when I looked he wasn't wearing a mask, Now I know what they are doing, every other day I see them stop someone, What happens to them I dont know,

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Lowseasonlover said:

Strange things happening in my area, I go for a drive around almost everyday late afternoon and I keep seeing these two policemen bombing around on their bike with lights flashing and stopping farangs also riding a bike I've seen them in different parts of the area, I thinking whats going on here, they flew up the inside of me the other day and flagged down this farang when I looked he wasn't wearing a mask, Now I know what they are doing, every other day I see them stop someone, What happens to them I dont know,

I had 3 friends come to visit recently we went out for bike ride south of the island. We stopped for 1 to have a cigarette and then drove on, he hadn't pulled his mask up and he got stopped at chalong roundabout on the way to  your area.. luckily we had a thai friend with us and he spoke to the police guy and stopped a fine..

now I see a few driving around with a cigarette in their mouth but not alight so they don't have to wear a mask in the correct position! 

Also I do notice many in rawai not wearing hats and masks

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Manu said:

Been doing my 10 minutes morning comments reading, always cheerful early in the morning, Bob20 you never fail to get the best laugh out of me. Thanks, honestly.

Like you, I found that it is "not worth replying" to you on that subject. But like you did with Saunk anyway, I will anyway... just by asking one simple question:

If the virus sars-cov-2 had never existed, if it was not there, would you wear a mask to avoid all the other viruses and bacteria that you can also catch the same way (someone sneezing right in your direction 4m away....ha ha ha...sorry, it is so good. I bet you win the lotery on a regular bases with this attitude)? Would you? Cause you definitely should, for example, to protect yourself against tuberculosis cause it killed 1.5 million people worldwide in 2020 (1.8 died from covid in 2020). With 1.5 million deaths, isn't it as dangerous than the 1.8 deaths from covid? Honest question to you Bob20, but somehow I can guess the answer...

Just like to know your thoughts on how covid spreads from person to person ?

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Manu said:

Glad to be of comedic service Manu, although it shows that you really don't have a clue about the essence of it.

If you lived in a city where the hospitals were filled with TB patients, you might very well take precautions. You seem to conveniently forget that the current situation is a pandemic and that the "limited" 5 million deaths are the result of worldwide restrictions, otherwise there would have been exponentially more. You also forget that there are no treatments, although they are now coming, but only for mild to moderate cases!

BTW, not everyone has HIV, so by the same analogy I guess you're not in favour of using condoms and you drive a car without seatbelt and a bike without helmet. Because the risks of winning the lottery or getting into an accident are all small, right?

😂

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

Glad to be of comedic service Manu, although it shows that you really don't have a clue about the essence of it

😂

Sure I don't have a clue, You do, you are better than me, you know better than me (and everyone else), etc... Shame your replies are not as funny than your original comments.

If you lived in a city where the hospitals were filled with TB patients, you might very well take precautions. You seem to conveniently forget that the current situation is a pandemic and that the "limited" 5 million deaths are the result of worldwide restrictions, otherwise there would have been exponentially more. You also forget that there are no treatments, although they are now coming, but only for mild to moderate cases!

Not at all related to my question but thanks for sharing again your speculative and wrong views guided by the usual but now constant irrational fear. Relax a little, Bob20, life is beautiful.

BTW, not everyone has HIV, so by the same analogy I guess you're not in favour of using condoms and you drive a car without seatbelt and a bike without helmet. Because the risks of winning the lottery or getting into an accident are all small, right?

So then, also following your analogy, if sars-cov-2 was not there, you would wear a mask to protect yourself against tuberculosis and all the other viruses and bacteria. Same as you do wear a helmet or use a condom like you said. Thanks for the answer. Have a nice day bob20.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Manu said:

Sure I don't have a clue, You do, you are better than me, you know better than me (and everyone else), etc... Shame your replies are not as funny than your original comments.

Not at all related to my question but thanks for sharing again your speculative and wrong views guided by the usual but now constant irrational fear. Relax a little, Bob20, life is beautiful.

So then, also following your analogy, if sars-cov-2 was not there, you would wear a mask to protect yourself against tuberculosis and all the other viruses and bacteria. Same as you do wear a helmet or use a condom like you said. Thanks for the answer. Have a nice day bob20.

No Manu, shame you appear to wave your arms around in panic now. That is not at all what I said.

My answer was very clear and answering your questions in detail.

We have a pandemic and you protect yourself against excess risk that is all around you. You would do the same if there was a TB outbreak near you. Not if there are a few cases 5.000 miles away. 

It's not about living life 100% safe, it's about reducing very real excess risk. As the Asians did already before Covid by considerately wearing a mask when they didn't want to spread even their normal cold!

• Like 3