News Forum - Health officials wonder why so many Thais refuse to get jabbed

Thaiger

3 hours ago, Jijo said:

It all comes to confidence, this new vaccine is created by pharmaceutical companies at fast rate, did a good job at getting vaccine, 

1:covid 19 is a new version diease

2nd:the vaccine is new to the disease. 

It shows to prevent death and prevent admission in hospitals, does not show evidence to prevent transmission of diease or stopping the diease or getting the diease. 

Certain side effects of the vaccine causes death, news media specfically targets the news, so it does not give much confidence to people. Even if the% is in miniscule number. People are afraid to take the vaccine don't want be in that miniscule number, coz causes death, if the side effect was treatable people would take the vaccine. The drugs are made by pharmaceutical company, by one particular group, the rest of the medical profession have to blindly trust the system. Other common vaccines causing death is very very rare, one might occur in one in 200000 people at a span of 3 to 5 years or maybe 10 years. Covid 19 vaccine common side effect instant death, no time to treat the problem. 

Pharmaceutical company blindly tells it is not our problem, nothing is wrong. 

Even doctors are new to  this disease and even the vaccine. Doctors won't have the necessary answer to this disease, this particular vaccine is new to doctors, based on previous knowledge of other vaccines, the doctors are saying to take the vaccine. Even news of people getting covid even after full vaccination, will also increase losing confidence in taking vaccine especially booster dose. One person died after taking 3rd dose booster shot. How it will provide confidence to people. The Pharmaceutical should go back again to improve the vaccine while giving the present vaccine. Yes there are people, who blindly does not want to vaccinate.but I think it's in small%, to prevent the rest of the people not to follow in there footsteps, the side effect should reduce, or at least treatable. There are limits the government, and medical professionals outside of the pharmaceutical system can do. Different countries having separate vaccines recognisition, if other countries does not show confidence, in particular vaccines, how the common people will have confidence to take the vaccine.

Pharmaceutical company should improve the vaccine, for less side effect which can be treatable or no side effect,increase the vaccine immunity level. So prevent  futher fourth and fifth vaccine booster dose of 6 months gap

This is just my opinion, be patient  read it and understand it. 

My solution is improving the vaccine, that all. 

There is a certain degree of naivety in your post. Don't think of this a needle in the arm but as medicine, because the potential for side effects applies to all new meds. There are some drugs that have been in use for over 50 years which they are only discovering some side effects in very recent years.

They have recently licensed for use, two new drugs for treating CV which are pills. You can be sure as time goes on, there will be side effects from these too. During the meantime, all we can do is monitor the vaxxes  and look for patterns which suggest possible serious side effects, and see if they can associate the pattern with particular cohorts. I am aware of at least 2 such events, Pfizer being linked to myocarditis, and AZ being linked to blood clots. In both cases, they have contra-indicated the use of these vaxxes for people below a certain age group and the prob has disappeared where they have adopted this protocol.

Judging from your post, you might think the solution is to modify the vax to eliminate these probs, but it is not that simple. What happens if the modification makes the vax less effective? Or if the modification creates new side effects? Maybe rather than spending billions researching for new vaxxes to deal with these side effects and perhaps save another few thousand lives in the whole scheme of things, it is better to carry on with what we have to date, and stop giving them Pfizer or AZ, and give them the Moderna or J&J vax instead. Other vaxxes are still being researched by Big Pharma and hopefully they will be effect free but that's highly unlikely.

Turning to TH specifically, the problems I see are so many people were injected with Sino to begin with and after many months and millions of jabs later, the gov have effectively admitted this confers very little lasting immunity. Plan B, is to use AZ. I am not knocking AZ.  That is what I've been given and it hasn't killed me yet, but of the western vaxxes, it is the cheapest. It does not mean it's not an improvement on the Sinovax, but I do worry price rather than saving lives is the main consideration. In the past month there have been two reported cases, one a death, the other leading to coma, of AZ recipients. In both cases the victims were in their early twenties and suffered blood clots. Yet it was reported months ago this side effect was known and was only affecting the under-30's. 

The chances are if you continue to keep giving AZ to the under-30's, it will save many more lives than it kills. For that reason, if it were the only vax available and I were a Dr, I would be telling patients in high risk groups something along the lines of, "If you take this vax, there is (say) a 1 in 20k chance of it killing you. If you don't, you have (say) a 1 in 5000 chance of dying from CV. A 1  in 30 chance of catching CV, If you do get CV, you will almost certainly pass it on to others, and you will have a 1 in 3 chance of getting long covid. Up to you". 

You will notice that I said, "if it were the only vax". And this is where I think the mistrust of the TH gov kicks in. The TH gov are deliberately giving it to people who should be given another more expensive vax. If I were Thai, and saw all this, I'd have to conclude the TH gov is looking for the cheapest fix and regardless of the fact they know this might kill a few hundred Thais, the cost to benefit analysis appears worth it to them. If say AZ costs £5 per jab and J&J £15, the number crunchers have estimated that if they need to buy say 7 mill J&J jabs to give to under-30's, they can save £140 mill, and prevent the bulk of those 7 mill from serious harm from covid, but maybe 500 will die blood clots instead.

Of course, I could be wrong, but there is a reason why aircraft companies only buy genuine parts for their planes. They are less likely to fail and will have been rigorously tested beforehand. But if a plane crashes due to cheap copied parts, would those responsible be saying, "Next time we will but the second cheapest copy"?

Why is Phuket missing in this list?

1. Five provinces record 50-100 daily new infections. They are Saraburi, Ubon Ratchathani, Udon Thani, Kanchanaburi and Prachuap Khiri Khan.

3 hours ago, kmc said:

4 Things for Certain Regarding the Vaccines

1- They don't prevent you from getting covid

2- They don't prevent you from being hospitalized (if you have something like leukemia)

3- They don't prevent you from spreading covid

4- They don't even prevent you from having to go through the exact same ordeal w/in 6 months

These vaccines sure are amazing!  I hope to get one every month for the rest of my life!

Fact or opinon?  

14 hours ago, kmc said:

4 Things for Certain Regarding the Vaccines

1- They don't prevent you from getting covid

2- They don't prevent you from being hospitalized (if you have something like leukemia)

3- They don't prevent you from spreading covid

4- They don't even prevent you from having to go through the exact same ordeal w/in 6 months

These vaccines sure are amazing!  I hope to get one every month for the rest of my life!

Most discerning individuals don’t view the world in the absolute terms that you obviously do.

7 minutes ago, Khunmark said:

Most discerning individuals don’t view the world in the absolute terms that you obviously do.

And, more to the point, kmc doesn't address at all why you take the vaccine:

Because it protect you virtually in full from hospitalisation and death!

• Haha 1