Jump to content

Next Man Utd Manager?


King Cotton
 Share

Recommended Posts

Another name being thrown into the hat,

Rúben Filipe Marques Amorim is a Portuguese former footballer who played as a midfielder, and is the current manager of Sporting CP. He spent most of his professional career with Belenenses and Benfica, signing with the latter in 2008 and going on to win ten major titles, including three Primeira Liga championships

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Lowseasonlover said:

Another name being thrown into the hat,

Rúben Filipe Marques Amorim is a Portuguese former footballer who played as a midfielder, and is the current manager of Sporting CP. He spent most of his professional career with Belenenses and Benfica, signing with the latter in 2008 and going on to win ten major titles, including three Primeira Liga championships

When this came up in my activity feed, I saw:

 

“Another name being thrown into the hat, Rúben Filipe Marques Amorim is a Portuguese farmer..”

I thought wow, they’re really considering wide and far 😂

Need another coffee, apparently..

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's official from Man United Ralf Rangnik is appointed United manager I spoke to him a couple of hours ago and he said he looking forward to supporting me with further updates and information

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Interesting - looks like Ralf's role will be 'cleaning house' and then ongoing similar to what he does at Lokomotiv Moscow.   I wonder who the Manager is that they are lining up for next season? 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, AussieBob said:

Interesting - looks like Ralf's role will be 'cleaning house' and then ongoing similar to what he does at Lokomotiv Moscow.   I wonder who the Manager is that they are lining up for next season? 

It could be Ten Haag from Ajax, Im not a Poch fan 

  • Like 1
  • Cool 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It will be interesting to see what happens to the coaching staff, Im ok with keeping Carrick maybe he can learn from Ralfy, the first one I would want out of there is Phelan give him is P45 

  • Like 1
  • Cool 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Lowseasonlover said:

It could be Ten Haag from Ajax, Im not a Poch fan 

Agree. Looks like Man Utd is going towards a more European and world level experienced type of Coach. Finding another Ferguson just aint gonna happen in this day and age - someone that has the big picture and contacts, and also knows how to identify talent and develop younger players before others see it, and can put together a game plan strategy that best suits the available players, while planning ahead for all the upcoming games. Ferguson was a freak - old school coach who transitioned into a modern world coach.  It aint all about having the best players - it is about creating them and making them play as a team. What Ferguson did with the local boys, and how he developed Cantona and Ronaldo  etc., was unbelievable.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

Agree. Looks like Man Utd is going towards a more European and world level experienced type of Coach. Finding another Ferguson just aint gonna happen in this day and age - someone that has the big picture and contacts, and also knows how to identify talent and develop younger players before others see it, and can put together a game plan strategy that best suits the available players, while planning ahead for all the upcoming games. Ferguson was a freak - old school coach who transitioned into a modern world coach.  It aint all about having the best players - it is about creating them and making them play as a team. What Ferguson did with the local boys, and how he developed Cantona and Ronaldo  etc., was unbelievable.

I totaly agree with you, I would also like to see a system in place to develop the youth players that seems to have stagnated over the last couple of years, I dont see any development in Greenwood in the last couple of seasons, I do watch on MUTV the academy teams and we have some talented boys in there, at the moment there is a few out on loan that need developing, Ethan Laird a right back on loan at Swansea is a great prospect and can play as a wing back, he's a good kid as well all I hope is he can stay injury free,

Elanga has played more times for Sweden than he has for United

One to watch out for Charlie McNeill still only 18 but plays in the under 23's he's a goal machine, And a Manchester lad 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Lowseasonlover said:

It will be interesting to see what happens to the coaching staff, Im ok with keeping Carrick maybe he can learn from Ralfy, the first one I would want out of there is Phelan give him is P45 

Negative comment, Phelan's way, @Lowseasonlover, yet only eight years ago, as Sir Alex's #2, I recall hearing nothing but praise for MP, both for his coaching skills and man-management. What has taken him down from 'those heights' (debatable heights, maybe!), in your view?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Lowseasonlover said:

I totaly agree with you, I would also like to see a system in place to develop the youth players that seems to have stagnated over the last couple of years, I dont see any development in Greenwood in the last couple of seasons, I do watch on MUTV the academy teams and we have some talented boys in there, at the moment there is a few out on loan that need developing, Ethan Laird a right back on loan at Swansea is a great prospect and can play as a wing back, he's a good kid as well all I hope is he can stay injury free,

Elanga has played more times for Sweden than he has for United

One to watch out for Charlie McNeill still only 18 but plays in the under 23's he's a goal machine, And a Manchester lad 

McNeil looks good - too early to know yet of course - but someone who can score 'hard' goals and make them look easy is a rare thing. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, King Cotton said:

Negative comment, Phelan's way, @Lowseasonlover, yet only eight years ago, as Sir Alex's #2, I recall hearing nothing but praise for MP, both for his coaching skills and man-management. What has taken him down from 'those heights' (debatable heights, maybe!), in your view?

A lot has changed in football since them days, I was in Rotterdam on that famous night in the rain, that team was full of warriors yep Phelan played his heart out, 

Man management Im not to sure about that, and quite apart from that he does sweet FA, he is not well liked around the academy and never was, Hey straight from the horses mouth, 

One ex player who came through the youth system should have been a world beater but choose the wrong path he is now around 28 and he says Phelan never spoke to him

  • Like 1
  • Cool 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, King Cotton said:

Negative comment, Phelan's way, @Lowseasonlover, yet only eight years ago, as Sir Alex's #2, I recall hearing nothing but praise for MP, both for his coaching skills and man-management. What has taken him down from 'those heights' (debatable heights, maybe!), in your view?

I forgot to add there was a reason that Carrick was given the job over Phelan

  • Like 1
  • Cool 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Lowseasonlover said:

"I'D HAVE STARTED RONALDO!"🤦‍♂️ René Meulensteen disagreed with Carrick's decision to sub Ronaldo 

I, for one, fully agreed with MC's decision to bench CR7. Mega-talented or otherwise . . . just too full of himself, as opposed to the team, IMO, as displayed by his sulking down the tunnel after his 25-mins-worth of little impact.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, King Cotton said:

I, for one, fully agreed with MC's decision to bench CR7. Mega-talented or otherwise . . . just too full of himself, as opposed to the team, IMO, as displayed by his sulking down the tunnel after his 25-mins-worth of little impact.

As an FPL manager, I was sulking too when he started on the bench and even more after his 25-mins-worth of zero FPL points.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Lowseasonlover said:

I forgot to add there was a reason that Carrick was given the job over Phelan

Good point, @Lowseasonlover! That one's had me pondering and, despite a little researching, I'm left putting it down to just another Woodward wonderstroke! But, in all honesty, I'd have plumped for Carrick, too 🤗!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, King Cotton said:

Good point, @Lowseasonlover! That one's had me pondering and, despite a little researching, I'm left putting it down to just another Woodward wonderstroke! But, in all honesty, I'd have plumped for Carrick, too 🤗!

They were fearing a fan backlash putting Phelan in charge

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Seems like Rangnick will not be in charge of the game with Arsenal, they are having problems with his work permit, I told them to pay a 200$ like we do in Thailand it will be ready tomorrow 555

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/30/2021 at 8:24 PM, Lowseasonlover said:

Seems like Rangnick will not be in charge of the game with Arsenal, they are having problems with his work permit, I told them to pay a 200$ like we do in Thailand it will be ready tomorrow 555

They should have consulted with @Faz Would have been sorted 🤓

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, BigHewer said:

They should have consulted with @Faz Would have been sorted 🤓

Work permits weren't my thing!
Visas, appeals and tribunal hearings - they had to get in the Country first in order to work.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Rang-a-nick rang-a-nick riding through the Glen
Rang-a-nick rang-a-nick with his gengenpress
Making Ronnie do
Things he never knew he could.
He's sehr gut, he's sehr gut, he's sehr gut...

  • Haha 1
  • Cool 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


  • Join Thaiger Talk Today!

    Sign up in 30 seconds and join the discussion on everything Thailand!

  • Latest Posts

    1. 56

      News Forum - Thumbs down for Thailand’s Test & Go Version 2

    2. 95

      News Forum - British man fined for overstay after being forced into Bangkok quarantine

    3. 109

      News Forum - Thailand News Today | New Test & Go program draws huge criticism!

    4. 95

      News Forum - British man fined for overstay after being forced into Bangkok quarantine

    5. 4

      News Forum - Cannabis is becoming legal, but prosecution still a grey area

  • New Topics

  • Tell a friend

    Love Thaiger Talk? Tell a friend!
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By posting on Thaiger Talk you agree to the Terms of Use