News Forum - Pro-democracy activist accuses Thai movie director of slapping, kicking her

Thaiger

A prominent pro-democracy activist has accused a Thai film director of assault following a cultural event in Bangkok on Sunday evening. According to a Coconuts report, Rukchanok Srinork, aka “Ice”, took to social media to accuse Yuthalert “Tom” Sippapak of slapping her in the face and kicking her in the stomach. Rukchanok says she has filed a complaint against the director, after being assaulted when she met with him to discuss personal matters. It’s understood the meeting took place on a boat at around 9.30pm, after both parties had attended an event at the riverside venue, Jam Factory. Rukchanok later […]

The story Pro-democracy activist accuses Thai movie director of slapping, kicking her as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Usually when I discuss personal matters with someone, I don't get slapped and kicked in the face. 

I wish there was a bit more info on what the hell happened here. Why would this guy do that? What were they "discussing"? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Foreigner said:

Usually when I discuss personal matters with someone, I don't get slapped and kicked in the face. 

I wish there was a bit more info on what the hell happened here. Why would this guy do that? What were they "discussing"? 

Maybe the personal matters involved money and perhaps the "Price was not Right" ?

I would have thought that post-me-too reporting would be a little more to the point.

If it was private matter then the mention that he is a film director has nothing to do with it. Neither does the mention that she is a pro-democracy activist. 

And while violence is a serious matter, you could probably fill the whole newspaper if you wanted to name all offenders and victims from the last 24 hours and I don't need to know about every individual personal dispute that happens worldwide, without any relevant details other than a "claim".

So take to your keyboard and write something worth reading about violence, but don't put every violation on the planet on your site for 15 minutes of fame!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

I would have thought that post-me-too reporting would be a little more to the point.

If it was private matter then the mention that he is a film director has nothing to do with it. Neither does the mention that she is a pro-democracy activist. 

And while violence is a serious matter, you could probably fill the whole newspaper if you wanted to name all offenders and victims from the last 24 hours and I don't need to know about every individual personal dispute that happens worldwide, without any relevant details other than a "claim".

So take to your keyboard and write something worth reading about violence, but don't put every violation on the planet on your site for 15 minutes of fame!

Don't hold back Bob, tell us what you really think of the story 😆 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, KaptainRob said:

Don't hold back Bob, tell us what you really think of the story 😆 

Or maybe it’s just a bit of the ole slap and tickle!

2 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

Slap and kickle more like...

Now will have to change the lyrics ….

Will you stop yer kickling, Jock! 
Oh, stop yer kickling, Jock! 
Dinna mak' me laugh so hearty, 
Or you'll mak me choke. 
Oh, I wish you'd stop yer nonsense, 
Just look at all the folk. 
Will yer stop yer kic-kle-ing, kic-kle-ic-kle-ing. 
Stop yer kickling Jock!

3 hours ago, Bob20 said:

1. what he apparently did is not private in any way.  Slapping someone and kicking her in the stomach is a crime. If she is reporting it and pressing charges, as she did, this incident is the epitomy of newsworthiness. 

2. Mr. Sippapak is a famous film director, and even any citizen is liable to have crimes they commit become public news and especially so when that person is a public figure, which he as a film director surely is. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Foreigner said:

1. what he apparently did is not private in any way.  Slapping someone and kicking her in the stomach is a crime. If she is reporting it and pressing charges, as she did, this incident is the epitomy of newsworthiness. 

2. Mr. Sippapak is a famous film director, and even any citizen is liable to have crimes they commit become public news and especially so when that person is a public figure, which he as a film director surely is. 

What a load of nonsense.

1) if this is newsworthy then be prepared for a very thick newspaper tomorrow!

2) his or her profession has nothing to do with the crime in private circumstances

And that is exactly why in most countries these things (if at all) are reported with some privacy consideration until there is an official verdict, as it wouldn't be the first time that initial accusations turn out to be very different. The court of public opinion belongs on FB and the like, not in newspapers.

2 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

What a load of nonsense.

1) if this is newsworthy then be prepared for a very thick newspaper tomorrow!

2) his or her profession has nothing to do with the crime in private circumstances

And that is exactly why in most countries these things (if at all) are reported with some privacy consideration until there is an official verdict, as it wouldn't be the first time that initial accusations turn out to be very different. The court of public opinion belongs on FB and the like, not in newspapers.

I would actually question, as it is only an allegation currently, who was the real "slapper" in this ? 😉

11 minutes ago, gummy said:

I would actually question, as it is only an allegation currently, who was the real "slapper" in this ? 😉

Well, seeing "movie-director" I referred to "me-too". However apparently it wasn't a business meeting but something private.

Not a matter for a newspaper!

Report on abuse, but I'm not interested in reading about every individual.

What's next? @KaptainRob sending daily photos of his dinner? ☺️

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

Well, seeing "movie-director" I referred to "me-too". However apparently it wasn't a business meeting but something private.

Not a matter for a newspaper!

Report on abuse, but I'm not interested in reading about every individual.

What's next? @KaptainRob sending daily photos of his dinner? ☺️

So he is on Facebook too ? 😂

every time anyone complain about serious offence on social media.... i would wait for defamation case to surface, cause is a hearsay and cry for attention 

Well, its nice to see that rich famous men who slap and kick women have their loyal minions, ready to argue that free speech and news reporting have stumbled onto a zone where they no longer apply. ;-)

A guy who slaps and kicks a woman is not a man. 

Yep, that is how Poo Yais can do it, and usually get away with it as impolite for lower status to even mention or complain about it.  I'm feeling the thainess.