News Forum - CCSA admits some hotels are scamming Thailand Pass travellers

Thaiger

15 minutes ago, Stardust said:

How many children you raised in Thailand?! Pay the school and universities? Care for a family? How is your thai? And it is really amazing how they explain people from families with Thai as a native language or who rooted in both. This posters not even realize that most of the actors/actress or miss universe/ Thailand are half Farang! They not nothing about what the young generatiin of Thais are thinking not understand whats in the Thai media or social media but try to tell all whats going on or what the Thais thinks but not know anything about they worry. Comon you really think most not got it  what they really know!

One, Yes, Yes, Pretty Good 

Don't understand the rest

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Stardust said:

Comon you really think most not got it  what they really know!

... and I thought Rumsfeld's "as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns—the ones we don't know we don't know" was about as bad as it got ... 😂 ...

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Stonker said:

... and I thought Rumsfeld's "as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns—the ones we don't know we don't know" was about as bad as it got ... 😂 ...

People who are from a family with Thai is also a native language for sure know very quickly the backround of some posters and also people who followed your comments in the past!

3 hours ago, Benroon said:

What scam ? I still can't see one. So here's the scenario, Mr Foreigner phones/texts a hotel as part of an entry package but fails to ask if a PCR test or transport is provided, and on arrival is presented with an additional bill - so who's at fault here ? The hotel for not telling you something that you have not requested or confirmed is not included or Mr Foreigner who was too stupid to ask in the first place knowing it was integral to his trip ? Seriously some people need to take responsibility for themselves.

However just to debunk your second assumption, (which you heard from where ?) just this morning I used the AXA insurance for something in hospital that was not covid related whatsoever (but bought to get the Thailand Pass) so there's another assumption debunked ! will you now be spreading the word you've heard someone has actually used it successfully ? Sleep easy, stop worrying about unfounded rumours that have no basis in reality.

Oh, yeah, I remember, once, I asked my landlord of that time, if I can go to the Land TransportDepartment, on that monday.

"Yes"

Went there, closed!

"Yes, but you could go there. You did not ask, if open or not."

I really think, that it is a bit different, with SHT+ here:

They should advise, what is needed. In case they don't, one time, accident. More times: easy money

14 minutes ago, Stardust said:

People who are from a family with Thai is also a native language for sure know very quickly the backround of some posters and also people who followed your comments in the past!

The words are English, but ..... 😂

6 minutes ago, Huckster said:

Bro, im pretty sure no one understands what your trying to say.......

There are also people from mixed families or have Thai families or have roots in europe and Thailand. By the way also Thais are in Thailand they understand and why things are often packed or is said not directly. Like it is common now in Thai social media and has its reasons. And it was adressed on the ones who are telling us about Thais and Thailand not live in Thailand but not understand why there are complete other views, realities and experience. And astounishing is that they are foreigners/farangs hate farangs in Thailand claim to know them all and what they think including what the Thais think. Not knowing the big majority have a company or work for a multinational company have a Thai family or are from a mixed family. And it is quite astounishing to read some comments and claims from some posters. I am aware not all will understand it and I not expect it and sure many will not understand the view from the ones who are mixed or rooted in Thailand and europe through their families.

13 minutes ago, Guest1 said:

Oh, yeah, I remember, once, I asked my landlord of that time, if I can go to the Land TransportDepartment, on that monday.

"Yes"

Went there, closed!

They should advise, what is needed. In case they don't, one time, accident. More times: easy money

Who is "they"?

That's what the CCSA is doing - telling people. 

I really find it hard to believe anyone seriously thought they could get a SHA+ approved taxi from the airport to their hotel, a PCR test, and a night in an SHA+ hotel for 1,000 baht or less.

They just thought they'd found a loophole and tried to get through it, to scam the scammers, and they got caught out.

No sympathy, TBH.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Stonker said:

The words are English, but ..... 😂

I am not a native english speaker I always thought people know that immidietly. So I take that as positive my english is not that bad as I thought. Thanks

Ps: there are people out there who can read and speak english and are not from a country with english as a native language

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Stardust said:

So I take that as positive my english is not that bad as I thought. Thanks

No, you've misunderstood that one too 😂

9 minutes ago, Stardust said:

Ps: there are people out there who can read and speak english and are not from a country with english as a native language

Unfortunately most of the time you're not one of them.

10 minutes ago, Stonker said:

Then write it in Thai! Or do you speak another european lamguage than english? As I said I am not a native english speaker maybe you can explain it for the non native speakers. Anyway I am interested in your Thai.

14 minutes ago, Stonker said:

Dann sags auf Thai, khun putt Thai ?!! Which one? You are in south east asia you also can choose german french lao or khmer. Go ahead! 

1 hour ago, Guest1 said:

"Yes"

Went there, closed!

https://tp.consular.go.th/en/plan

They do. On the first page it mentions that your hotel must include a paid PCR in the booking 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Stardust said:

Then write it in Thai! Or do you speak another european lamguage than english? As I said I am not a native english speaker maybe you can explain it for the non native speakers. Anyway I am interested in your Thai.

Since you ask, 'yes', I speak French as well as Hindi, Nepalese, Baluch, and Thai, all to colloquial level, some Arabic, and enough Cantonese to ensure I can get home after a night on the sauce.

The first of the forum rules is very clear, however: 1. Use English Language only when posting.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Stardust said:

Dann sags auf Thai, khun putt Thai ?!! Which one? You are in south east asia you also can choose german french lao or khmer. Go ahead! 

... and I don't want to make too much of this, but since you're constantly telling people to "learn Thai" and making so much of your own proficiency with the language while trashing others for their supposed inability, that's simply seriously and appallingly bad Thai.

• Like 2

I'm constantly amazed by the lack of due diligence people display.

I really wonder, if these people's parents know, if they are out!

For God sake,  get a grip and look out for yourself and take responsibility for your actions.

Due diligence! Due diligence! Due diligence! Due diligence!

If not, go back to Mummy.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Chaimai said:

An excellent point. We sometimes forget that the Thais don't trust each other - the corruption is endemic in Thailand and we Farangs just become another target.

I've commented on more than one occasion about the relative honesty of the "working girls" in TH. Makes you wonder if it's their honesty that keeps them so poor?

13 hours ago, riclag said:

Have to be careful there as well! It wasn’t to long ago in Thailand,somebody , don’t remember the names involved, complained about a hotel/restaurant services on facebook only to have the facility make a formal complaint  to the authorities that the individual was causing a stir and to discontinue their efforts to malign or else!

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/sep/29/american-wesley-barnes-faces-prison-thailand-bad-hotel-review

12 hours ago, vlad said:

The PM Himself asked people in the Tourism business not to harm Thailand by scamming tourists now This scam has been highlighted will he take action or simply let it go. We can't even name them because we will be arrested. Tell them what they are. There not scamming there deliberately falsifying and deceiving tourists and Obtaining money by Deception. On returning to your home Country name and shame the Hotel you were Scammed at so we know who they are. If the Thai government will not admit this we will.

Not looking to challenge, but don't we often hear that Phuket authorities tell the local cabbies not to gouge tourists, and yet nothing appears to change. This is likely a case of "old habits die hard". 

We hear the gov announce that they want to see an end to sex-tourism in TH. I've mentioned that they want to see an end to gouging by cabbies. Now we have this. It likes telling a wife beater that you want them to stop attacking the wife. Asking people to stop but never penalising them for failure to do so is a fairly certain way to let the problem persist. 

And if the gov are asked about it, they can say "We've asked them to stop", to which we might ask. "How's that working out for you"?

12 hours ago, Benroon said:

Doesn't happen in every country on this planet then ?

I think your comment was straight off the pages of the anti thai forum tbh

As a frequent visitor to Japan, I can say that it's never happened to me there. I've even had incidents in restos where the staff have run after me trying to return 500 or 1000 yen that I've left as a tip. Tipping is unusual in Japan, and they presumed I forgot to pick up my tip. But to be fair, I think I might fare less well in the Ginza or Roppongi RLD's though I've yet to sample their pleasures.

Edited by Andrew Reeve
Forum name removed and replaced with the word Forum in the quote

11 hours ago, Benroon said:

They're everywhere, always makes me smile. I've met people that have been here a year and seem to have it pretty sussed, also met the 30 year people (who SO love boring the shit out of everyone with that fact) that would get fleeced buying a mango in a thai market and have to date been cleaned out by umpteen bar girls !

Longevity doesn't always buy knowledge.

Yes, it's amazing how many people think of themselves as experts on all things Thai, while living in a very small bubble.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, LoongFred said:

Your making no sense at all.  If your on the sauce you need to take a nap. 

I get the distinct impression that English is not his native language. Perhaps a bit more tolerance instead of you flashing your temperance league credentials as per usual?

10 hours ago, LoongFred said:

You must be only talking to the old gizzard drinking in Pattaya.  That not very representative of Thailand. 

And there you go again. Can you please identify yourself in the attached pic?

https://i.etsystatic.com/20862972/r/il/c06f3e/2028739150/il_794xN.2028739150_ipyk.jpg