News not as we Know it?

Sandbar

Ok....Jay it's a news show with a "splash of fun" ....it's not good the morning "Natty" show. Your focus is far too much on Natty's reactions...or wanting her reactions on topics? Don't get the "soul" of the show at the moment...confusing!

• Like 1

Monday's show was a little, rough around the edges. Give it time. Natty is a genuine talent and it'll be interesting to see how far she goes.

Tim's presence is a big one. Many years of life and media experience there (sorry Tim – yep, you're old). Which is what I found lacking most in today's show, and maybe that lack of life knowledge and experience could alter the target audience.

• Like 1

I think the next experiment should be removing Jay, returning Tim.
Returning some strong opinions and make it roar.

• Like 1

Tim adds a difference to the show. When Jay is with someone his style bounces off of the person he is presenting with. 

When he was with Mike his style harder and less fun. When with Tim he is much lighter hearted

With Natty it was like he was trying to find the right style to present with 

Tim because of his years of experience knows and uses his style. it gets the point across but also has a humour that makes the show more watchable.

I am sure there will be people who dont agree. this is only my opinion. 

• Like 4

I dont like the new format - two Thais doing news/entertainment shows targeted at Expats aint likely to work.  I reckon Tim should do the Good Morning show with Natty and the Thaiger Bites show with Jay. 

And what happened to Jett? Hope his hair is OK.

• Like 2

I agree, Pompey. As per all relationships, we bounce of others in different manners. Jay and Tim have a good vibe going. Tim's forte I feel is he can present an opinion based on fact with professionalism and at times with his 1970's dad humour 😜.

Today's episode was the first time I've skipped ahead. That first 9mins of waffle on mask wearing was hard viewing. 

To the GMT team, don't take this personally. I'm a fan of your shows and hoping our feedback comes across as constructive.

• Like 2

Good to see Jett was back last night - and that his hair is OK 😁

But yesterday's Good Morning show was not to my liking - I skipped ahead a lot. 

I dont like that Thaiger Bites since Tim's return is now more of an attack against comments written on Youtube and Facebook and TikTok etc. That plus a lot of Thai Apology statements about how great everything is in Thailand. I stopped watching that show a while ago.

I still say the best mix that 'fits' is Tim and Natty in Good Morning, and Tim and Jay in Thaiger Bites (although change the way it is being run).  I think Tim is the 'cornerstone' of Thaiger - he holds it all together and as @SuSuFarangsaid, his Expat old-school knowledge and general sense of humour, fits with the target audience - Expats and 'Westerners'.  If we English speaking Expats and Westerners are not the Thaiger's target audience and they are going for the Thai/Asian market, I think they will succeed as well as that 'ugly' Thai based forum that switched to become an Asean based forum - Fail.   

The Thaiger News show on youtube yesterday, received at least twice as many views as all of the others Thaiger shows - that says something and I hope the Thaiger management are listening. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

Good to see Jett was back last night - and that his hair is OK 😁

But yesterday's Good Morning show was not to my liking - I skipped ahead a lot. 

I dont like that Thaiger Bites since Tim's return is now more of an attack against comments written on Youtube and Facebook and TikTok etc. That plus a lot of Thai Apology statements about how great everything is in Thailand. I stopped watching that show a while ago.

I still say the best mix that 'fits' is Tim and Natty in Good Morning, and Tim and Jay in Thaiger Bites (although change the way it is being run).  I think Tim is the 'cornerstone' of Thaiger - he holds it all together and as @SuSuFarangsaid, his Expat old-school knowledge and general sense of humour, fits with the target audience - Expats and 'Westerners'.  If we English speaking Expats and Westerners are not the Thaiger's target audience and they are going for the Thai/Asian market, I think they will succeed as well as that 'ugly' Thai based forum that switched to become an Asean based forum - Fail.   

The Thaiger News show on youtube yesterday, received at least twice as many views as all of the others Thaiger shows - that says something and I hope the Thaiger management are listening. 

I think your comments and observations  in the final sentence of your penultimate paragraph interesting as perhaps some others may do.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/23/2021 at 10:04 AM, PompeyLlama said:

Tim adds a difference to the show. When Jay is with someone his style bounces off of the person he is presenting with. 

When he was with Mike his style harder and less fun. When with Tim he is much lighter hearted

With Natty it was like he was trying to find the right style to present with 

Tim because of his years of experience knows and uses his style. it gets the point across but also has a humour that makes the show more watchable.

I am sure there will be people who dont agree. this is only my opinion. 

Good read mate - Jay is a bit of a chameleon and I dont really like that style.  Tim is Tim, Natty and Natty, and Jett is Jett (and Mike is Mike and Bill is Bill) - but Jay really has no set 'persona' - which means he is not being himself.  Now that I think about what you said - that is probably why I dont like his style - but I dont dislike him as he is obviously a good guy. Maybe he will settle into something 'real' one day, but right now it is obvious that he is 'pretending' and that he is not really speaking his mind.  

https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/adult-health/expert-answers/passive-aggressive-behavior/faq-20057901

"Passive-aggressive behaviour is a pattern of indirectly expressing negative feelings instead of openly addressing them. There's a disconnect between what a passive-aggressive person says and what he or she does."

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

Good read mate - Jay is a bit of a chameleon and I dont really like that style.  Tim is Tim, Natty and Natty, and Jett is Jett (and Mike is Mike and Bill is Bill) - but Jay really has no set 'persona' - which means he is not being himself.  Now that I think about what you said - that is probably why I dont like his style - but I dont dislike him as he is obviously a good guy. Maybe he will settle into something 'real' one day, but right now it is obvious that he is 'pretending' and that he is not really speaking his mind.  

https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/adult-health/expert-answers/passive-aggressive-behavior/faq-20057901

"Passive-aggressive behaviour is a pattern of indirectly expressing negative feelings instead of openly addressing them. There's a disconnect between what a passive-aggressive person says and what he or she does."

I think Jay’s style is to flow with rather than flow over. Yes a bit passive-aggressive, but every news show needs a balance whether it new (Natty), old (sorry Tim 😅), to the point (Jett) or never too far off baseline (Jay). The Thaiger needs all of these things to work together. 
what I would like to see though is perhaps a bit on point/counterpoint. A cohesive debate without out yelling as in other news services. Too much to ask for I suppose. 

• Like 1

Why do they have this newbie Forest on? lived here a short time but of course thinks he knows it all, then turns out does not even know what the colours on the flag stand for. Another American loud mouth, what is he meant to be contributing?

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Sarisin said:

Why do they have this newbie Forest on? lived here a short time but of course thinks he knows it all, then turns out does not even know what the colours on the flag stand for. Another American loud mouth, what is he meant to be contributing?

I agree - I looked at his youtube channel and watched a couple of vids - he clearly is not what he makes himself out to be.  But newbies and tourists who never stay/live in Thailand long enough, have no idea that he is making a lot of khrapp up.   Which does as you say beg the question - why?  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

I agree - I looked at his youtube channel and watched a couple of vids - he clearly is not what he makes himself out to be.  But newbies and tourists who never stay/live in Thailand long enough, have no idea that he is making a lot of khrapp up.   Which does as you say beg the question - why?  

Somebody's friend I reckon 😃

• Like 1

Natty looked particularly lovely but I skipped the Forest bloke.  Did I mention Natty looked good?  😊

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Sarisin said:

Perhaps just exemplifies that in general American's pretend to know a lot about Thailand  but in practice they know very little  and contribute to the well being of Thailand even less.

• Like 3

Sorry to disagree with the majority, but Natty is sooo irritating with a her "Like"s in every sentence like an immature american high school kid. And stop waving your hands around all the time, ffs ! Tim and Jay were very watchable, this new format nope.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/22/2021 at 2:59 AM, Shark said:

I think the next experiment should be removing Jay, returning Tim.
Returning some strong opinions and make it roar.

Challenging and questioning opinions.

Dare to explore outside the convention.

I know this might be too much to consider......just a thought.

• Like 1

On 11/24/2021 at 8:47 AM, AussieBob said:

I like Jay too, but a presenter is made by their style as in your comment Tim is Tim and Jet is Jet. 

It could be that Jay is trying too hard to be all things to everyone. This does not normally end well. A strong presentation needs strong self assured presenters 

• Like 1

the show a few days ago had the 800 pound gorilla in the room.

with poor Natty being told to be careful what she said. 

i know the feeling. 

• Like 1

On 11/24/2021 at 2:19 PM, gummy said:

Perhaps just exemplifies that in general American's pretend to know a lot about Thailand  but in practice they know very little  and contribute to the well being of Thailand even less.

And I suppose to know something better. 

On 11/24/2021 at 2:19 PM, gummy said:

Like other falangs that aren't really into Thai culture. Don't know how to converse in Thai, don't know Thai customs, and/or Thai history. At least most Americans don't think they're better than their hosts.

12 minutes ago, LoongFred said:

Like other falangs that aren't really into Thai culture. Don't know how to converse in Thai, don't know Thai customs, and/or Thai history. At least most Americans don't think they're better than their hosts.

Nothing against Americans but you must mix with a different group of Americans than I do. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just did a quick 'study' of the daily numbers on Youtube:

News (Jett) : 21K, 16K, 23K, 17K, 13K, 11K, 18K, 15K, 43K, 20K, 15K

GM (no Tim): 9K, 7K, 9K, 10K, 

GM (Tm): 21K, 10K, 12K, 7K, 13K, 20K, 11K

And I reckon a lot of blokes watch GM show now to see the lovely Natty 😃

Clearly the Expats and Western Tourists want the News and Opinion - Jett and Tim. But we also all like to look at Natty. 

• Like 1