News Forum - Koh Tao death from 2004 getting attention on social media

Thaiger

A sad case of a foreigner found dead on Koh Tao 17 years ago has resurfaced after a recent post on Facebook has brought attention to it again. But is the post an attempt by the Facebook account to get attention and hits by capitalising off of tragedy, or are they calling to light suspicious circumstances in the death of a Japanese scuba instructor on Koh Tao in 2004 where what was ruled suicide could in fact be murder? The post was made on a Facebook account called Koh Tao Death Island that has since posted dozens of follow-up posts […]

The story Koh Tao death from 2004 getting attention on social media as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Well the record from the police lately make me think they have a point i deal with the police myself a little ( a agent run away with my rent money) they not show any competence or even willing to do something about it she made about 10 victims some mote then 150.000 bath but they tell have to wait so she can go on make more victims so i think police TAT and other officials went to the same school and a test show the the IQ is dropping from a already not so high level  

24 minutes ago, Prosaap said:

Well the record from the police lately make me think they have a point i deal with the police myself a little ( a agent run away with my rent money) they not show any competence or even willing to do something about it she made about 10 victims some mote then 150.000 bath but they tell have to wait so she can go on make more victims so i think police TAT and other officials went to the same school and a test show the the IQ is dropping from a already not so high level  

Somewhere in your post, there is a whole comedy routine looking to burst out.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Prosaap said:

hmmmm an agent 'runs away with your money' and you're claiming the police have low IQ ?

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Prosaap said:

No comment necessary.😊

Khao Tao denizens can’t resist. A Facebook site now has massive free publicity, when it would have floated way way under the radar. They did the same thing in 2015.  Koh Tao gets gamed voted, up to Number One most popular island, in a TripAdvisor’s annual readers poll. Really, after that sensational double murder last year?! Even the wedgeheads at TA were uncomfortable with the results.  

• 1 month later...

Koh Tao has a reputation... that continues to this day.

Koh Tao Deaths - https://www.strangeoutdoors.com/true-crime-in-the-outdoors/tag/Cases+on+the+Death+Island+of+Koh+Tao

At least eleven European tourists have died or disappeared there since 2014 and it is now described as “Death Island” or “Murder Island”.

The Koh Tao murders involved the death of two British tourists in Thailand in 2014. On 15 September, the bodies of Hannah Witheridge and David Miller were found on Sairee Beach on the island of Koh Tao, between 4 and 5 am, a few hours after their deaths

Prayuth – Thai PM……

“They think our country is beautiful and safe and they can do whatever they want, wear bikinis wherever they like,” the prime minister said. “I’m asking if they wear bikinis in Thailand, will they be safe? Only if they are not beautiful.” 

The body of British bricklayer Luke Miller, 24, was found at the bottom of a hotel swimming pool at Sunset Bar on Sairee Beach after spending the prior night drinking with friends.

Nick Pearson, 25, was found floating in an island bay, at the foot of a 50ft drop by scuba divers in the sea after he disappeared following a night out with his family on New Year's Eve

Hans Peter SuterTen days after he went missing from Sairee Beach on Koh Tao, the body of Swiss tourist Hans Peter Suter, 44, was washed ashore at Talay Ngam beach in Lang Suan district of Chumphon province on Tuesday, November 18, 2014. He had been dead about 10 days and had left to go snorkeling alone on November 8.

Frenchman, Dimitri Povse, 29, was found hanging from the beam of a rented house on January 1, 2015. Although both of his hands were tied behind the back, the police said he could have done this himself as the rope was tied to one hand and a loop was made so the other hand could be inserted. They also found a suicide note at the scene. A woman Povse had been interested in said he had called her twice on the phone that night but she had not picked up because she had been asleep.

British woman, Christina Annesley, 23, was found in a room at the In Touch Resort on Jan 21, 2015. There were no signs of a struggle or rape or other human DNA. She was said to have died of natural causes after mixing antibiotics she was taking for a chest infection with alcohol. However, no toxicology report was conducted. The family has contested the police version of events.

On February 16, 2015, Russian tourist Valentina Novozhyonova, 23, vanished from her hostel on Koh Tao. She had checked into the hostel on February 11 and was due to check out on February 16, but failed to do so. A few days later, staff checked her room to discover her mobile phone, passport and camera had all been left behind.

The last known video footage of the Russian woman showed her walking to Chaloke Hin Kao bay and never coming back. Police concluded she wanted to break a deep-diving record at more than 24 meters.

Belgian backpacker Elise Dallemagne, 30, was found hanging from a tree on April 27, 2017. 

Elise had been traveling around Asia for two years, and before her death had been living at a yoga and tantra retreat on Koh Phangan. She was also part of the Sathya Sai Baba cult and lived with a self-proclaimed 'guru'.

German Bernd Grotsch's body was found at his home deep in the jungle in the Mae Haad part of Koh Tao. He had recently returned to the island after building up a motorbike rental business.

the authorities told them he had died of “heart failure” or had been “bitten by a snake”. 

Alexandr Bucspun, 33, from Moldova, was found dead in the sea off Had Sai Ree on Koh Tao on Tuesday, October 9, 2018. 

And now.........

Yoshie “Sharlyn” Sazawa that lived on the island for 12 years and worked as a scuba instructor - 

Koh Tao death from 2004 getting attention on social media

Published on  Sunday, November 21, 2021 22:45 By Neill Fronde

Rule of thumb for Thailand (and other close countries) The smaller the Island, the more primitive. Koh Tao is sketchy to use a term. It is corrupt and mafia run by the now 'defunked' Village Head Man. That family needs to be very closely looked at but neither the Police or Army will get anywhere because if anyone speaks, they too will meet the same fate.  The son of the former Village Headman and his crew are dangerous. The mystery of the missing DNA from one case, cover ups. It goes on. 

This is not a conspiracy theory, there are facts about this place that suggest you 'stay away'. Especially if you are young and travelling as a couple or single.

Most of the dive companies don't touch the land. They don't dock but just dive off the reef.

I know there are many who don't want to hear the truth, that's just how it is but time will tell. More will come, unfortunately...