News Forum - COVID-19 Sunday Update: Record low deaths, prison outbreak

Thaiger

Today, the CCSA reported 7,006 new Covid-19 infections, up 411 since yesterday, and a record low 29 Coronavirus-related deaths, down 24 from yesterday. Since April 1, in the latest wave of the virus in Thailand, a total of 2,035,708 confirmed Covid-19 infections have been reported. In the 24 hour period since the last count, the CCSA has reported 7,591 recoveries, up 887 from yesterday. There are now 87,271 people currently receiving treatment for Covid-19, down 614 from yesterday, including 1,612 in the ICU and 388 on ventilators. Of the new Covid-19 infections, 771 were found in correctional facilities – a […]

The story COVID-19 Sunday Update: Record low deaths, prison outbreak as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

The not so common, common sense:

Test more people.. no more record lows. Test less people more record lows... 😲 And yes... it really is that simple. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Freeduhdumb said:

The not so common, common sense:

Test more people.. no more record lows. Test less people more record lows... 😲 And yes... it really is that simple. 

Yes that’s exactly right and that’s exactly what they have done. As shown below. As you say @Freeduhdumb, it really is that simple.

2A0A9948-20C7-4472-8E5A-9AB8E6942F7F.jpeg

1 hour ago, Soidog said:

Yes that’s exactly right and that’s exactly what they have done. As shown below. As you say @Freeduhdumb, it really is that simple.

2A0A9948-20C7-4472-8E5A-9AB8E6942F7F.jpeg

29 deaths from a viral disease for a population of 70 millons should be rationally quite the opposite of a disaster. But for most of you here, you need to find the disaster somewhere else... Are you all somehow enjoying this?

The less people die from a viral disease the less you test. The less people arrive badly sick in hospital from a viral disease the less you test.  If one day there is not one single badly sick arriving in hospital and not one person diying after being infected with Sars-cov 2, whom on earth do you want to test and what for? I thought some months ago that people will start eventually to get back to rationality, I see now that it is the exact opposite and this "new normal" world that they are ready to embrase without any questioning nor reasoning is obviously here to stay. Sooo very sad...

48 minutes ago, Manu said:

29 deaths from a viral disease for a population of 70 millons should be rationally quite the opposite of a disaster. But for most of you here, you need to find the disaster somewhere else... Are you all somehow enjoying this?

The less people die from a viral disease the less you test. The less people arrive badly sick in hospital from a viral disease the less you test.  If one day there is not one single badly sick arriving in hospital and not one person diying after being infected with Sars-cov 2, whom on earth do you want to test and what for? I thought some months ago that people will start eventually to get back to rationality, I see now that it is the exact opposite and this "new normal" world that they are ready to embrase without any questioning nor reasoning is obviously here to stay. Sooo very sad...

For what it's worth,69% of the COVID patients in the Netherlands ICUs are unvaccinated.A article in today's independent from a medic in the UK writes it's the same there more or less.The majority of the other COVID patient have age related or other condition's.Theres 3 in hospital in Rotterdam from gunshot wounds from the riots on Friday night.

1 hour ago, Manu said:

No Worries... the W.H.O. will likely, once again, change the definition of a Pandemic soon.. Or smallpox will be the next disaster as Dr. Gates has recently pre-warned us about. He's seemingly very good at these predictions. 

2 hours ago, Manu said:

Edited by Freeduhdumb
double post removed

9 hours ago, Manu said:

I think as many people do, you are missing the point regarding testing. This pandemic is far from over (as we are seeing again in Europe) and Thailand still has a relatively low vaccination rate. The country is attempting to make tough and balanced decisions on how to restart the economy. They are also trying to encourage people to come forward and get vaccinated. How can they make the right judgement calls and stop people thinking everything is fine and no need to be vaccinated, when they have a partial picture of infection rates across the country? The same is true for continuing to encourage people to wear masks. How is that message to be received when all they hear is cases are falling each day?  

I agree that in highly vaccinated countries, then governments need to stop publishing testing data and focus on  hospitalisations and deaths. We don’t publish testing numbers for seasonal flu, and in time we shouldn’t for Covid. But we don’t yet have Covid under control and difficult decisions by all are having to be made. Accurate test data is essential.