News Forum - TAT touts another rosy outlook for 2022 arrivals into Thailand – VIDEOS

Thaiger

Whilst the Ministry of Tourism and Sports approve marketing spending for 2022, their tourism promotion arm, the Tourism Authority of Thailand, have been throwing around more highly optimistic arrival figures for next year. “TAT set the revenue target from tourism in 2022 at 1.5 trillion baht, or about 50% of tourism revenue in 2019 (before the Covid-19 situation)”, according to the TAT Governor Yuthasak Supasorn. Since November 1, 2021, Thailand has extended its reopening schedule to include a ‘Test and Go’ 1 night quarantine entry for fully vaccinated travellers. There’s also a 7 day ‘Sandbox’ alternative if you are arriving […]

The story TAT touts another rosy outlook for 2022 arrivals into Thailand – VIDEOS as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

8 minutes ago, BIGGLES said:

TAT are sounding the same as that annoying, greasy haird, spotty faced Danish youth,  Gretta Thunberg! BLAH! BLAH! BLAH!

She’s Swedish. But everything else you described is right. I’d also add - Manipulated, uninformed, idealistic, unaccountable, naive, rude, inexperienced, indoctrinated, miserable and unrealistic to that description 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, Soidog said:

She’s Swedish. But everything else you described is right. I’d also add - Manipulated, uninformed, idealistic, unaccountable, naive, rude, inexperienced, indoctrinated, miserable and unrealistic to that description 

Thanks for the correction, just shows how much notice I take of her. Lol.🤣🤣

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, BIGGLES said:

Thanks for the correction, just shows how much notice I take of her. Lol.🤣🤣

That's right! Whenever she turns up somewhere, the only question is: "Shouldn't you be at school?"

• Haha 4

10 hours ago, ThaiEyes said:

Yes TAT includes anyone who steps off a plane as a tourist. 

Not sure what the definition is in TH, but in the UK, the definition of a tourist, is someone who visits another town for a day for the purpose of pleasure or interest.

214,251 people had applied for the Thailand Pass, 167,415 had been approved.

That’s appalling. So 46,836 we’re rejected. That’s a failure rate to be both embarrassed about and ashamed of.
Do you seriously think those people who under the new scheme have possibly lost the money for their flight, insurance and AQ accommodation will ever come back. What’s worse is that bad news travels fast and many others will not even try.

In fact it may well be the reason that the system looks to be improving “less people are applying”.

I am afraid, you can spend as much money as you like, but util the the hoops you are expecting people to jump through are greatly reduced along with the risk of losing serious money. Tourists, in the true sense of the word, in any number, won’t be coming, any time soon.

At least with the old COE you had the green light before committing to serious outlay.

if you truly want tourists to return. Best make some serious changes very quickly or risk a recovery that will take decade or more. 

Thailands long term reputation as a tourist resort is on the line right now.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BBY said:

At least with the old COE you had the green light before committing to serious outlay.

Exactly. And this is the Thai definition of improvement. Let’s go back to the COE. 

• Like 2

By the way peeps. U.K. Middle name problem. Seem to have found a work around. 

Data for your Covid travel app and letter are taken from your GP records. There are three fields.

1. Given Name

2. Middle Name

3. Surname

The system currently takes data from only 1 and 3. That’s why your middle name does not appear on your travel certificate or the App. So, call your GP and speak to the practice manager and ask them to put your first and middle name in field 1 - Given name, with a space in between and voilà, approximately 24 hours later if you check the app, you will now find your middle name is there. 

I strongly suggest you also ask them to take your middle name out of the (middle name field 2) because once the government fix the problem, it’s likely that your middle name may well then appear twice. That’s what my practice have done for me and we will change it back when and if the government fix it. 

the app now has all my names and I am waiting for the letter to double check it has worked on this too.

hope this helps

Edited by BBY
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Whilst the Ministry of Tourism and Sports approve marketing spending for 2022, their tourism promotion arm, the Tourism Authority of Thailand, have been throwing around more highly optimistic arrival figures for next year. “TAT set the revenue target from tourism in 2022 at 1.5 trillion baht, or about 50% of tourism revenue in 2019 (before the Covid-19 situation)”, according to the TAT Governor Yuthasak Supasorn. Since November 1, 2021, Thailand has extended its reopening schedule to include a ‘Test and Go’ 1 night quarantine entry for fully vaccinated travellers. There’s also a 7 day ‘Sandbox’ alternative if you are arriving […]

The story TAT touts another rosy outlook for 2022 arrivals into Thailand – VIDEOS as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

TAT and CCSA are voted the most vocal in Q4 2021

16 hours ago, Soidog said:

The word retarded is not allowed to be used these days, so I am glad to see you did not use that word retarded. In the past, when a child had a mental condition that made learning difficult, people used to say that he or she was 'retarded', backward or simple. Nowadays those words are avoided because they are offensive (the truth is offensive to some people). The adjective 'mentally handicapped' is sometimes used to describe such children, however the most sensitive ways of referring to such children are to call them children with 'special needs'.  Greta is very special to a lot of people - me included - to me she is very very special. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, BBY said:

I have to disagree and also agree with you.

214,251 people have not applied for the Thailand Pass. There has been 214,251 attempts to complete the process (including 2 of mine while checking the system out), and I would estimate a maximum of 60-80,000 people involved - the owner of Thaiger lodged 4-5 applications (there is no limit on the number of attempts you can make).  

YES - Thailand's long term reputation as a tourist resort is on the line right now.  And it has been for quite a few years before Covid - and it was going downhill in all demographics except the Chinese, Russian and Indian markets. Things are not looking very good in the post-Covid circumstances - but there is a lot of potential demand, but there is also a lot of worry and scepticism.  

• Like 2

11 hours ago, AussieBob said:

Thailand's long term reputation as a tourist resort is on the line right now.  And it has been for quite a few years before Covid - and it was going downhill in all demographics except the Chinese, Russian and Indian markets. Things are not looking very good in the post-Covid circumstances - but there is a lot of potential demand, but there is also a lot of worry and scepticism.  

I totally agree @AussieBob.  Thailand tourism really needs a good firm reset and rediscover much of its old attraction. The strong Baht, the influx of Chinese tourists, the rising cost of air travel (only going to get worse) and the general increase in prices, while infrastructure remains as it is, means numbers were declining in the very markets they claim to want. How can you state an objective of wanting higher spending tourists on the one hand, while encouraging mass tourism from low spending Chinese tour groups and now Indian tour groups on the other? They should be aiming for Japanese, Korean, European, Australian, New Zealand and American markets. I would have added Russian to that list, but I just can’t bring myself to say it 😉 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Soidog said:

I totally agree @AussieBob.  Thailand tourism really needs a good firm reset and rediscover much of its old attraction. The strong Baht, the influx of Chinese tourists, the rising cost of air travel (only going to get worse) and the general increase in prices, while infrastructure remains as it is, means numbers were declining in the very markets they claim to want. How can you state an objective of wanting higher spending tourists on the one hand, while encouraging mass tourism from low spending Chinese tour groups and now Indian tour groups on the other? They should be aiming for Japanese, Korean, European, Australian, New Zealand and American markets. I would have added Russian to that list, but I just can’t bring myself to say it 😉 

I hear you @Soidog - but that would be 'rational' thinking mate. Actually I saw a graph on Thaiger show that claimed the biggest spending tourists were the Chinese - not by much but the highest - and it might be true.  The facts however are that they will only stay at Chinese 'approved' hotels and transport and food places - and then they go to King Power and buy a heap of expensive crap duty free they cant get in China.  Which of course means their money goes straight to the wealthier Thais and the ordinary everyday Thais never see that money.  The Australia tourism authority found that out over a decade ago and stopped marketing to that market - plus they cause a lot of 'social' problems (rude, destructive (steal) and extremely annoying to others).     Are you a bigger bloke? I am 80kgs and about 6 foot - when a group of ignorant Chinese tourists would walk straight across in front of me at a mall/palace etc, I would just continue straight ahead - a few have ended up on their arses - "ooops sorry mate are you OK" 😂.  Thais are so 'accommodating' they always 'give way' to them - but I got sick of it and stopped moving out of their way. If we all did that they would slowly learn - I heard when Chinese groups come to Australia they are warned not to walk across in front of Aussies and the 'tour guide' (holding up that stick/bauble they all follow) are told to be careful which direction they go. 

• Haha 2

On 11/20/2021 at 11:51 PM, BBY said:

That’s appalling. So 46,836 we’re rejected. That’s a failure rate to be both embarrassed about and ashamed of.
Do you seriously think those people who under the new scheme have possibly lost the money for their flight, insurance and AQ accommodation will ever come back. What’s worse is that bad news travels fast and many others will not even try.

In fact it may well be the reason that the system looks to be improving “less people are applying”.

I am afraid, you can spend as much money as you like, but util the the hoops you are expecting people to jump through are greatly reduced along with the risk of losing serious money. Tourists, in the true sense of the word, in any number, won’t be coming, any time soon.

if you truly want tourists to return. Best make some serious changes very quickly or risk a recovery that will take decade or more. 

What is seen are a lot of returnees, expats, and busineess and service related people from suppliers/companies mostly from europe, germany and japan.

• Like 1

On 11/21/2021 at 7:29 AM, AussieBob said:

The word retarded is not allowed to be used these days, so I am glad to see you did not use that word retarded. In the past, when a child had a mental condition that made learning difficult, people used to say that he or she was 'retarded', backward or simple. Nowadays those words are avoided because they are offensive (the truth is offensive to some people). The adjective 'mentally handicapped' is sometimes used to describe such children, however the most sensitive ways of referring to such children are to call them children with 'special needs'.  Greta is very special to a lot of people - me included - to me she is very very special. 

Retarded is fine by me, it's still in the dictionary and I don't want to be a "new age sensitive guy".

• Haha 1