News Forum - PM Prayut holds unscheduled meeting with US CIA head

Thaiger

PM Prayut Chan-o-cha had an officially unscheduled meeting this morning with David Cohen, the deputy director of the US Central Intelligence Agency. The unannounced meeting took place this morning when the deputy director of the CIA dropped in on the prime minister at Government House. The unscheduled meeting between the Thai prime minister and the American intelligence official was held at 9:30 am at the Thai Khu Fa building at Government House. The meeting ran for about 45 minutes total. While he was on the premises, the CIA deputy director held several other meetings. At Command Building 1, deputy director […]

The story PM Prayut holds unscheduled meeting with US CIA head as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

21 minutes ago, Faraday said:

What on earth does this mean?

Sounds like a cold call like copier salesmen do.

'an officially unscheduled meeting' 

Perhaps our illustrious leader caught the CIA head as he was coming out of the toilets?

• Haha 4

It makes me feel uncomfortable, uneased  and  extremely guilty, like I did something wrong  . I'm gaslighted  ! Was it something I said or did while using social media.IDK

From the article, one would get the idea, the CIA guy lives on Sukhumvit and stopped in for an unscheduled lunch.

As to what it was really about, who could say. Thailand’s Foreign Affairs Minister Don Pramudwinai, met with Myanmar’s Junta this week, which heads the list. However perhaps the big man is PO’d at ‘CSI LA’ again. As US Thai relations have been on a decidedly down trend for over twenty years now (97), someone had to have requested the meeting, no matter if the cover press release uses “unscheduled meeting”.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bluesofa said:

'an officially unscheduled meeting' 

Perhaps our illustrious leader caught the CIA head as he was coming out of the toilets?

Here's a lovely picture of a cottage in Brighton.

IMG_20211120_063901.thumb.png.091b4e9e360c636a1103b37ce7d9ae23.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

31 minutes ago, Faraday said:

Here's a lovely picture of a cottage in Brighton.

Pity it was Brighton and not Wales. Then I could have done joke from thirty or forty years ago, when the Welsh extremists were trying to get rid of the English with a second home there:

Come home to a real fire - buy a cottage in Wales.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mudshark said:

As US Thai relations have been on a decidedly down trend for over twenty years now (97), someone had to have requested the meeting.

Maybe the organ grinder who rides bicycles in Europe is worried about Chinas expansion plans and influence.  Worried he might be told to pack up his bike and come home.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, palooka said:

Maybe the organ grinder who rides bicycles in Europe is worried about Chinas expansion plans and influence.  Worried he might be told to pack up his bike and come home.

If I could write something I would translate some german news.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, palooka said:

But anyway the collapsing ccp China could trigger crises.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Mudshark said:

As to what it was really about, who could say. Thailand’s Foreign Affairs Minister Don Pramudwinai, met with Myanmar’s Junta this week, which heads the list. However perhaps the big man is PO’d at ‘CSI LA’ again. As US Thai relations have been on a decidedly down trend for over twenty years now (97), someone had to have requested the meeting, no matter if the cover press release uses “unscheduled meeting”.

I think it's that, too. The CIA showed up toute suite after that.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, palooka said:

It's early days, my friends. All roads lead to Munich.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThailandBob said:

I think it's that, too. The CIA showed up toute suite after that.

Yes a lot of countries were not amused the foreign minister of affairs had a meeting with the Junta leader of Myanmar. Sure he is on the radar now. This guy is not in the position to think he can play with fire. 

• Like 1

Article quote: While he was on the premises, the CIA deputy director held several other meetings. At Command Building 1, deputy director Cohen met with Deputy Prime Minister Prawit Wongsuwan, and also had talks with National Security Council Secretary-General Supot Malaniyom at the Red Building.

Meeting at the Red building. Hahahahahaha. And do they have a red telephone too?

My guess is this is about China and their latest BS maneuver in the Philippines. Those China A-holes are inching this world really fast into a world War 3 very very very fast.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

No details on what the meetings were pertaining to or what topics were discussed at the meetings were made public.

"My people want you to open the bars and entertainment venues in our unofficial US territory Pattaya. Do I make myself clear?" 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, Stardust said:

But anyway the collapsing ccp China could trigger crises.

China is just filling the void the US left in East Asia decades ago.  America has been projecting weakness in Southeast Asia since 1975. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Bluesofa said:

Pity it was Brighton and not Wales. Then I could have done joke from thirty or forty years ago, when the Welsh extremists were trying to get rid of the English with a second home there:

Come home to a real fire - buy a cottage in Wales.

Son of Glyndwr " Dad are we pyromaniac's ? " .. 

" Yes we arson " said dad .. 

• Haha 4