News Forum - Loy Krathong in Bangkok: Proof of vaccination or ATK test required

Thaiger

Those in Bangkok celebrating Loy Krathong tomorrow will need to abide by “new normal” measures which include showing proof of vaccination or taking a rapid antigen test to enter venues approved to hold the celebrations. All visitors must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 vaccine or  test negative for Covid-19 within the past 72 hours. There will be two main locations in the capital Bangkok for the festival, according to Deputy Governor Kriangyod Sudlapa, with 30 other public parks throughout the city to welcome festival-goers from 5 pm onwards under the Covid-19 Free Setting and Universal measures such as social distancing, washing […]

The story Loy Krathong in Bangkok: Proof of vaccination or ATK test required as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

34 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

Those in Bangkok celebrating Loy Krathong tomorrow will need to abide by “new normal” measures which include showing proof of vaccination or taking a rapid antigen test to enter venues approved to hold the celebrations.

I'm 100% sure that 0% of the people there will ask anyone to show proof of vaccination. Anywhere I have been where they told us we MUUUSSSTTT show it, I have showed it and got laughed at as if I was crazy for showing it. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Tasseography

Todays news about Loy Khratong in Bangkok dovetails with Khao San Road a couple days ago. Proof of vaccination, to enter or to participate. After a lackadaisical year plus trying to get vaccines they now want everyone jabbed up.

No matter if it is real or up2U, as I plan on spending the hot season in the islands. That means a booster jab in February to go with my initial vaccinations. If they will check anybody, they will check Mr. Blue Eyes.

This is absurd... the covid vaccines, admittedly, we now know affirmatively, do not confer immunity to the virus. Covid vaccines do not prevent contracting the illness, transmission or prevent getting sick. If you're going to test, then everyone should be tested. 

Edited by Freeduhdumb
Grammar correction additional content.
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Freeduhdumb said:

This is absurd...

Just about everything about the last 18 months has been absurd and almost none of it makes any sense even at face value.  But folks keep on following the narrative so not to be accused of wrong think.  

image.thumb.png.a6bf07c141476f95795c50c2ed1434dc.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Freeduhdumb said:

This is absurd

And  is  probably going to  get even more insane worldwide, great excuse for stopping freedom. Already NO CASH forcing you to use cards or other traceable methods for  payment in some places, reckon will be the tip  of the iceberg. next MUST  have mobile  phone,  not too  far  off chip implant at birth...........just you wait.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, yetanother said:

"To avoid overcrowding, each location will limit the number of guests to one per four square meters'

uh huh, that will work thai-style-well

Quite.

With eight locations for half a million kratongs, that's over 60,000 per location. As 'kratong time' is 6-8 pm, that's 30,000 per hour or 1,500 kratongs every minute in each location - 25 every second. 

Somehow, I don't think so 😂!

• Like 2
  • Cool 1

On 11/19/2021 at 8:34 AM, yetanother said:

"To avoid overcrowding, each location will limit the number of guests to one per four square meters'

uh huh, that will work thai-style-well

best way to scatter the guests would be to throw up a Prayut speech