News Forum - Of 100,000 predicted for 2021, Hua Hin has seen 56 tourists

Thaiger

5 hours ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

Yeah, I was just speaking for myself. I know the booze scene is a big draw for some.

Tourists who enjoy bring income not cheap charlies like you!

3 hours ago, poohy said:

I understand You are perfectly entitled To your opinion but unless you have a home family or partner why would you go to hua hin

The last time i went other than work visa etc was 2004 it was passable then

In the last 10 years or more I really cannot see any attraction there now,anyway i wish you well

I do have a home and family. Actually in Pranburi but same difference. 

Anyways I like the area. 

Different folks and all that. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stardust said:

Tourists who enjoy bring income not cheap charlies like you!

I don't have to justify myself to you buddy. Needless to say there are many reasons why someone might not drink. And just because someone doesn't drink that doesn't make them cheap. 

Apologies if I don't confirm to your standards of what a tourist should be like.

Have a nice day sir!

6 hours ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

I do have a home and family. Actually in Pranburi but same difference. 

Anyways I like the area. 

Different folks and all that. 

Pranburi is indeed  better its what 20 km from hua hin in this case  cant undestand why said you live in hua hin then (it also annoys me when people talk about prachuap as hua hin)

Hua hin is the same for you as me in prachuap  a shopping town nothing more really

I don't have to justify myself to you buddy. Needless to say there are many reasons why someone might not drink. And just because someone doesn't drink that doesn't make them cheap. 

Apologies if I don't confirm to your standards of what a tourist should be like.

Have a nice day sir!

You were promoting the ban and more destruction of the tourism and more struggle of the operators and more loose their job. I read it. It is not about me or any habbit of me because I am busy with the family. But I am not that selfish to promote against existences or advocate any dumb action who destroys the economy , the life of the people or their future.

Have a nice day sir!

But why you promote then against other standards? I dont go into clubs but I not promote against them and I am aware I was once 18, too. Do you understand the difference?!

44 minutes ago, Stardust said:

But why you promote then against other standards? I dont go into clubs but I not promote against them and I am aware I was once 18, too. Do you understand the difference?!

That is a simple fact!

https://www.pattayamail.com/latestnews/news/10-of-nearly-0-tourists-still-0-for-pattaya-379859

Zero tourists and zero high end tourist. That are the facts when Clowns are in charge.

11 hours ago, poohy said:

I understand You are perfectly entitled To your opinion but unless you have a home family or partner why would you go to hua hin

The last time i went other than work visa etc was 2004 it was passable then

In the last 10 years or more I really cannot see any attraction there now,anyway i wish you well

A few reasons why i visit there regulary

1. its close to bkk

2.  if you leave the highway about 1/2 way from bkk following the sea is a nice ride 

3. the beach front 5* hotels are great value

4. Its not bkk

Would I retire there ? No

2 minutes ago, Thommo said:

A few reasons why i visit there regulary

1. its close to bkk

2.  if you leave the highway about 1/2 way from bkk following the sea is a nice ride 

3. the beach front 5* hotels are great value

4. Its not bkk

Would I retire there ? No

Thats true it is common for people who live in Bangkok because it is nearby for the weekend or short holiday same like Pattaya over the weekend. And many work in Bangkok have a nearby condo at the seaside for weekends Pattaya area or Hua Hin area. As my family, too.

But many not realized the foreign arrivals at the moment are mostly not tourists, they are returnees, have family here, expats and many service teams. Due the pandemic the factories, companies (automatition,robots, software, etc etc.) have a service jam. I know a lot germans from the suppliers who came mostly for the automotive industry who came and are counted as tourists.

Pattaya mostly expats because its nearby Bangkok and all the industries/ automotive in Chonbury. Or coming over the weekend from Bangkok. Sure they helped Pattaya for survival but they cannot fill up all the mass of huge hotels in Pattaya and same for Hua Hin. And mostly they have a second Condo in Hua Hin or Pattaya.

We will see when the service jam is mostly done and the returns expats, family members etc. the situation if not some competent people come in charge who not just make wishes for predictions or think Monacco will from the sky by a order or wish or because Clowns think so.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stardust said:

Thats true it is common for people who live in Bangkok because it is nearby for the weekend or short holiday same like Pattaya over the weekend. And many work in Bangkok have a nearby condo at the seaside for weekends Pattaya area or Hua Hin area. As my family, too.

But many not realized the foreign arrivals at the moment are mostly not tourists, they are returnees, have family here, expats and many service teams. Due the pandemic the factories, companies (automatition,robots, software, etc etc.) have a service jam. I know a lot germans from the suppliers who came mostly for the automotive industry who came and are counted as tourists.

Pattaya mostly expats because its nearby Bangkok and all the industries/ automotive in Chonbury. Or coming over the weekend from Bangkok. Sure they helped Pattaya for survival but they cannot fill up all the mass of huge hotels in Pattaya and same for Hua Hin. And mostly they have a second Condo in Hua Hin or Pattaya.

We will see when the service jam is mostly done and the returns expats, family members etc. the situation if not some competent people come in charge who not just make wishes for predictions or think Monacco will from the sky by a order or wish or because Clowns think so.

And only in the Bangkok area are 2000 german companies. 

6 hours ago, poohy said:

Pranburi is indeed  better its what 20 km from hua hin in this case  cant undestand why said you live in hua hin then (it also annoys me when people talk about prachuap as hua hin)

Hua hin is the same for you as me in prachuap  a shopping town nothing more really

I didn't say I lived there. I said I'd be going there, which I will most days. Kids go to school there etc etc. It's a 20 minute drive. 

5 hours ago, Stardust said:

You were promoting the ban and more destruction of the tourism and more struggle of the operators and more loose their job. I read it. It is not about me or any habbit of me because I am busy with the family. But I am not that selfish to promote against existences or advocate any dumb action who destroys the economy , the life of the people or their future.

That is a simple fact!

https://www.pattayamail.com/latestnews/news/10-of-nearly-0-tourists-still-0-for-pattaya-379859

Zero tourists and zero high end tourist. That are the facts when Clowns are in charge.

I understand that maybe English isn't your first language so I'll give you some leeway. 

However, at no point did I promote the ban. What I did do was say that it wouldn't bother me personally, which it doesn't. 

I also said that there are many reasons why someone might not drink, or be interested in drinking, which there are. Religious, health, personal choice etc...

I can go weeks or months without having a drink. It doesn't mean I'm against alcohol or the businesses relating to it, and it certainly doesn't make me cheap. 

• Like 1

On 11/19/2021 at 1:32 PM, Griff1315 said:

Hope you enjoy..

We did  but wow what a change since my last visit   it took an additional hour to get there due to traffic and most hotels car parks appeared to be full,  no doubt thai and expats  BKK plates were prominent within the hua hin traffic

14 minutes ago, ThailandBob said:

I'm here and things are definitely picking up. Traffic was heavier than usual for a Sunday and a lot of untanned faces around. 

The untanned face also could be expats from Bangkok over the weekend, because not a lot of sun inside the offices in Bangkok. The best is to look after the weekend or holiday (loy krathong some take extra days off) . But this I mention for Hua Hin not Chonbury/Pattaya because too much expats living around Pattaya because of their Companies they work for.

On 11/19/2021 at 9:53 AM, Stardust said:

Exactly and it is what the operators think, too! But Clowns are Clowns and Clowns advocate Clowns.

Billy knew about the danger of clowns!

destroy-us-all-gif-10.gif

gR50mye.gif

• Haha 1