News Forum - Scoot announces new service between Singapore and London Gatwick via Bangkok

Thaiger

Low-cost carrier Scoot, a subsidiary of Singapore Airlines, has confirmed a new service between Singapore and London, via Bangkok. TTR Weekly reports that the new service will launch on December 16. The announcement means Scoot is the only low-cost airline offering non-stop flights between Bangkok Suvarnabhumi and London. The flight to Gatwick Airport will also be Scoot’s first service to the UK. Its parent company, Singapore Airlines, currently offers non-stop flights between Singapore and London Heathrow. Following its December 16 launch, the Scoot schedule to London Gatwick is expected to operate 3 times a week from March 2022 and frequency […]

The story Scoot announces new service between Singapore and London Gatwick via Bangkok as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Great news for tourism having the budget airlines flying again.

Wonder if they will be allowed to have those cheap tourists on board that Thailand (Govt) doesn't seem to want anymore, maybe they'll just transit to other countries and spend their money.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, palooka said:

Great news for tourism having the budget airlines flying again.

Wonder if they will be allowed to have those cheap tourists on board that Thailand (Govt) doesn't seem to want anymore, maybe they'll just transit to other countries and spend their money.

Just put champagne and a cigar on the in flight freebies .. then they become rich tourist's 🙃

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Can anyone clarify this article please. It says it’s launched it on December 16th and then says it’s starting in March 2022. I noticed this service a few days ago and seems it’s only available starting March 2022. So what has the December date got to do with it? Maybe I’m reading it wrong ????

5 minutes ago, Soidog said:

Can anyone clarify this article please. It says it’s launched it on December 16th and then says it’s starting in March 2022. I noticed this service a few days ago and seems it’s only available starting March 2022. So what has the December date got to do with it? Maybe I’m reading it wrong ????

How I read it it's starting 16/12 and the frequency increases to 3 times a week in March.

8 hours ago, Chaimai said:

I have just booked Scoot Plus BKK/LGW less than 62,000 Baht for two.

62,000 for 2 passengers hardly budget prices for a so called budget airline...

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Griff1315 said:

62,000 for 2 passengers hardly budget prices for a so called budget airline...

My Mrs just showed me this flights from ฿5500

Screenshot_20211118-215839_Messenger.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Malc-Thai said:

More like it but probably too low to be obtainable. Or carry on luggage only sat on a chicken crate in the hold....🤣

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Malc-Thai said:

Yes, they booked scoot plus. But may still be in rupees rather than baht 🤭

Or chaimai works for TAT 😂

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Griff1315 said:

More like it but probably too low to be obtainable. Or carry on luggage only sat on a chicken crate in the hold....🤣

No cigar and champagne then 🤔

1 hour ago, Bob20 said:

How I read it it's starting 16/12 and the frequency increases to 3 times a week in March.

Possibly. I looked at booking a flight in Jan 22 and couldn’t find any flights until March 22. I’ll try again and see what it says 👍🏻

No flights from U.K. to BKK until March. They do four levels of ticket ranging from “Fly” which is 10kg of hand luggage, no food, to “Scoot Plus” which is a cabin bag of 10kg, check in of 30kg, what looks like a single meal and a wider seat pitch. The price for the basic “fly” ticket is around £396 return and £844 for Scoot Plus. Cheap compared to EVA Premium (typically £1,300)  but I doubt the experience will be anything as good. I would also add that this price has increased significantly from only a few days ago. The same dates on Scoot Plus was available for £630 return

Still don’t know what the December 16th date is!! 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Soidog said:

No flights from U.K. to BKK until March. They do four levels of ticket ranging from “Fly” which is 10kg of hand luggage, no food, to “Scoot Plus” which is a cabin bag of 10kg, check in of 30kg, what looks like a single meal and a wider seat pitch. The price for the basic “fly” ticket is around £396 return and £844 for Scoot Plus. Cheap compared to EVA Premium (typically £1,300)  but I doubt the experience will be anything as good. I would also add that this price has increased significantly from only a few days ago. The same dates on Scoot Plus was available for £630 return

Still don’t know what the December 16th date is!! 

I see a flight even on the start date from LGW-BKK...

IMG_20211118_224834.jpg

1 hour ago, Bob20 said:

I see a flight even on the start date from LGW-BKK...

IMG_20211118_224834.jpg

Well that’s odd. When I use the Scoot App it shows no flights in Jan but yes, flights in Dec 🤔

3 minutes ago, Soidog said:

Well that’s odd. When I use the Scoot App it shows no flights in Jan but yes, flights in Dec 🤔

I see them in January too 🤭 

Have you put unleaded in your phone? Or diesel? 😂

IMG_20211119_005445.jpg

37 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

I see them in January too 🤭 

Have you put unleaded in your phone? Or diesel? 😂

IMG_20211119_005445.jpg

Very strange. You using the App on website? Try Jan 13th to 27th 

3BE46FA5-FDD7-46EE-A9C7-418A5F6897E7.jpeg

well i have just booked with them to go to Thailand on the 20/12/21  £1100 return

for two us happy with that the best i could do with other airlines £900+ each with long stop overs

• Like 2

6 hours ago, manofkent said:

well i have just booked with them to go to Thailand on the 20/12/21  £1100 return

for two us happy with that the best i could do with other airlines £900+ each with long stop overs

Best wishes re your plans, @manofkent! Certainly excellent value, so let's hope all other travel factors match the price.

And your debut post, too, so welcome to the forum . . . we'll be looking for more from you, after your Christmas visit, maybe!