News Forum - Pollution Control Department sets checkpoints for black exhaust

Thaiger

Not only has the Pollution Control Department set up 20 checkpoints to find vehicles with black exhaust emissions on the roads going in and out of Bangkok, but they announced tighter regulations for next year as the country strives to reduce the PM2.5 air pollution issue. Cars older than 7 years, along with trucks and diesel cars were being stopped at checkpoints including one on Rama 2 in front of the Big C shopping centre and tested both visually and with a filter. The filter-based test needs to show no more than 50% exhaust, while the visual test can’t see […]

The story Pollution Control Department sets checkpoints for black exhaust as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Timely intervention by the Prayut administration and a nice follow-up initiative after the global climate change conference held last week. 

Should see tangible results to the air quality for the upcoming PM2.5 season. 

Improved air quality might be a way for the government to improve their approval rating prior to the upcoming election as it has taken a slight hit, resulting from their pandemic management. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

21 minutes ago, Rip255 said:

Timely intervention by the Prayut administration and a nice follow-up initiative after the global climate change conference held last week. 

Should see tangible results to the air quality for the upcoming PM2.5 season. 

Improved air quality might be a way for the government to improve their approval rating prior to the upcoming election as it has taken a slight hit, resulting from their pandemic management. 

do you have any cryto you would like to send me ? I can hold it for you in a safe location.🤪

Surely you are not that gullible

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Thommo said:

do you have any cryto you would like to send me ? I can hold it for you in a safe location.🤪

Surely you are not that gullible

perhaps more likely this could be required also very soon

661288555_trollspray.gif

Come to the north or isaan every second truck have the black dust, and the tunning pickups, the big Trucks every vehicels are with black dust and the motorcycle without a regular pipe ❓

Forget it the never control or nobody is working or driving. That is a Illusion from PM maybe in 50 years. 

Only talking never doing

and now they burning the ricefields, but that is tradition, burning the garbage every Day that is normal

PM 2.5 more people die about this Problem then covid-19 l think

• Like 1

Nice excuse for some occasional tea money while there are too few tourists to target. Same as bike licenses and helmets, to have any effect it must be done nationwide and consistently.

50 minutes ago, Rip255 said:

Highly doubtful as for popularity their ship sank a long time ago. Now for staying in power, well that is another story. Now it takes a long time to count them ballots.

• Like 2

Thai farmer's pickup exhaust levels were all OK, after burning his old tires and the pile of garbage bags full of plastic bottles and what else and of course his sugar cane fields like every winter. Good job! 🤪

• Like 1

This is not even new and has always been at set up check points in Bangkok area. I think there is one that pops up in the Bangkok Bangna area all the time. So how does one really fix the output of black diesel from an old motor? Tea money. Anything else is probably too expensive to do. I don't think it is a muffler or filter.

6 hours ago, Rip255 said:

taken a slight hit, resulting from their pandemic management. 

You sound like a lawyer in the defence of someone that used a sledgehammer on someones head.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Thaiger said:

the Pollution Control Department set up 20 checkpoints to find vehicles with black exhaust emissions on the roads going in and out of Bangkok

7 hours ago, Thaiger said:

The filter-based test needs to show no more than 50% exhaust, while the visual test can’t see 

IMG_20211118_085359.jpg

Another “Tick the box” exercise by the Thai government. All be over by Friday with a report showing:

Number of trucks tested: 23,578

Number of trucks failed emissions test: 12

41 minutes ago, Soidog said:

Another “Tick the box” exercise by the Thai government. All be over by Friday with a report showing:

Number of trucks tested: 23,578

Number of trucks failed emissions test: 12

Those 12 definitely live over my way now.

• Haha 1

Guess there are more than 20 ways to get in and out of Bangkok. These people will just avoid them now you show it in the news. 

If only they will crack down on these car owners the whole year, maybe next year we don't need to first see Pm2.5 and then react, but just don't see Pm2.5 at all. 

But when it's March, all problems are solved again. Maybe they'll put those spraying machines out in the streets again like last year. 😂

8 hours ago, Swissguy said:

Pm2.5 more people die about this Problem then covid-19 l think

Exactly!

Unlike Covid, the majority of people I know, including myself, has physical problems with PM2.5. To me, this includes shortness of breath, coughing, sometimes I've no clue what I coughed up. Fckd up eyes, burning nose, headaches. If I go to the doctor they might be concerned whether I have Covid or not. 

For Covid, I still have to wait to notice anything that they are telling me on the TV. From everyone I know, about 3 people have got it and easily got over it. That's not what was said on the TV.