News Forum - Olympic Committee gives new guidelines on transgender athletes

Thaiger

12 hours ago, longwood50 said:

You can call a duck a chicken but that does not make it a chicken.  If someone feels compelled to identify as a member of the opposite sex that is their business.  However in fairness to women born as a female, allowing transgender males to compete as female is hardly in the spirit of the Olympics where everyone should be competing against a fair and level group of competitors. 

It is already forbidden to use steroids to bulk up and increase muscle mass.  It is considered unfair to pack your blood with extra oxygen to give an athlete extra stamina.  
The idea that a person born a man whose body has male attributes enhanced by natural testosterone can cut off their penis and then legally compete against a person born genetically as a female is a travesty. 

First it will ruin women's sports.  Second, discriminating against biologically born women is hardly in the spirit of equality for all.  Transgenders should be allowed to compete, based not on their "self identification" but by their DNA.  If they were born a biological male at birth, that is who they should be competing against.  

So if I "identify" as a handicapped person can I then compete in the Special Olympics.  If I am a 25 year old male but identify as a senior citizen can I then compete against the 55 year olds?  Where does this madness stop? 

Where indeed does it stop ? We are living in a world where the small minority think it is their right to impose their view on the majority, whether that be for the Olympics or other under the political correctness label.  This has even spread to social media, forums and newspapers where normal people are penalised for stating there view just so the small minority can puff their chests out and feel proud that their unnatural ideals are becoming the vogue.  The minority self-righteous have a lot to answer for. History is a great teacher and if you look back at some of the human disasters of even the last century they were brought about by the minority attempting to impose their will on the majority. Two world wars and countless smaller conflicts prove that. Of course people will say that is entirely different, well the only difference is that the minorities' view then manifested itself into physical warfare whereas the last thirty years of of political correctness has manifested itself into an attempted re-construct and mental conditioning of the human mind.  

This is a challenging subject as the world has made it too easy to simply claim discrimination without due consideration of the rights of others. The following article gives some interesting insight into the challenges highlighting even different viewpoints amongst the people identifying as Transgender.

https://www.dw.com/en/fact-check-do-trans-athletes-have-an-advantage-in-elite-sport/a-58583988

To me discussion and research into the actual effects of such changes and treatments is at a very early stage to decide the advantages such a change gives to an athlete with accuracy. The IOC and the Olympics are about participation and the individual sports federations are the ones running the fairness of individual sports. Sadly, winning medals now also has a financial benefit on a scale not seen before in the past, when the only athletes were true amateurs, and now providing added benefit to secure a medal, rather than just participate. (Remember Eddie the Eagle and others!)  

Many of those who identify as Transgender suffer from a perceived medical condition (as mentioned in an earlier post) and I don't see why they should be treated differently than other athletes who acquired or had medical conditions. They have my sympathy as do other promising athletes whose dreams were often cruelly shattered by such things.

But, for those who made a choice, then to me you exercised free will under the rules as they were. They shouldn't now cry fowl and potentially selfishly cruel others chances simply because they made a life choice for their own benefit knowing the potential ramifications of their decision. 

Personal decisions have consequences. 

• Like 1

Just read that there has been some delay in the casting schedule for the next James Bond movie.  Apparently it is not so easy to find a gay black transgender in a wheelchair for the lead-role... 😜

1 minute ago, BlueSphinx said:

Just read that there has been some delay in the casting schedule for the next James Bond movie.  Apparently it is not so easy to find a gay black transgender in a wheelchair for the lead-role... 😜

Who is also one legged, partially sighted and married to a Penquin 😂

Why not just have 2 separate Olympics held 2 years apart?

The main one would be the N-Olympics (Normal) the other one the A-Olympics (Abnormal).

If you belong to an acronym, i.e. Abnormal, you can't enter any event in the N-Olympics and vice versa.

One advantage would be the A-Olympics would not need very large stadia, but may be a more lucrative TV deal.

Just some suggestions 😀😂

22 hours ago, Agudbuk said:

Maybe they should consider allowing  separate  divisions for transgender athletes.

Ok let me play devil's advocate.  Where does that stop.  Should there be special divisions for dwarfs since they don't compete well in basketball.  How about special divisions for Africans since they don't compete effectively in the winter downhill skiing events. How about the obese people, should their be a special division in track and field for them.  

The "guesstimate" is that 3/5ths of 1% of the USA population identifies as transgender.  This nutty idea that somehow the world should turn itself upside down to contort to the whims and needs of a decided minority of people is backwards.   If they wish to compete, they should compete based on their DNA not on what gender they "identify" as.  Same rules apply to everyone.  That is equality. 

Edited by longwood50
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, longwood50 said:

If they wish to compete, they should compete based on their DNA not on what gender they "identify" as.  Same rules apply to everyone.  That is equality.

Unfortunately this demographic and their tribe no longer focuses on equality. The new goal is equity. The same rights for everyone isn't enough, because that doesn't ensure an equal outcome. What is fair to them is that any grouping of 10 people must include one person of any and every identity or identifiable characteristic, no matter how representative of the surrounding culture or society.

That mentality itself is a problem, but the bigger problem is when the complacent majority just shrugs and lets it happen, and then once it's happened, complains that it's happened. The people changing the "rules" and structuring policies and laws which apply to these trends are only listening to the loudest voice in the room, and there is nothing remarkable about a majority of people who shrug this off as inconsequential to them.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ThaiFoodGuy said:

Unfortunately this demographic and their tribe no longer focuses on equality.

They are like the children who throw temper tantrums  They learned that by throwing the tantrum the parents caved to get them to behave.  These groups hope to create enough noise and disruption that the temptation is there for the vast majority to be ruled by the decided minority. 

image.thumb.png.6fc6331bc9c170b8ede02499cd44b880.png

• Like 2

Agree with the last 3 posts.

An example of how this biased view has grown disproportionally is that the whole of October is now LBGTQ  month! I remember when celebrations like this were in fact a day in the calendar.

I want to say too it has already spoiled movies and especially for me as I don't have a cinema closeby, has spoiled many a Netflix series with the seemed obligation for some man on man, woman on woman action. I for one don't want t watch this especially in a moview totally unrelated like Sci-Fi etc. Call me old fashioned but I dont want to watch this action in every series, if I did it would not take long to find it on the Internet.

Edited by Saltire
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...