News Forum - Officials call for Pattaya restaurant patrons to get Covid-19 tested

Thaiger

A new warning calls on anyone who attended a Pattaya restaurant to get tested for Covid-19 after an outbreak was identified. The bulletin was released yesterday by the Chon Buri Public Health Office urging anyone who has been in or eaten food from Puyai Note Wild Food Restaurant to use an antigen test kit. The restaurant, located on Sukhumvit-Pattaya 54 Road in Bang Lamung, has been identified as a source of Covid-19, putting patrons who attended to eatery between the dates of November 5 and November 12 at risk of infection. The outbreak warning comes on the heal of a […]

The story Officials call for Pattaya restaurant patrons to get Covid-19 tested as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Stories like this (and Chiang Mai lockdowns, and Khao San road ad-hoc testing) tell me that this pandemic aint over - not by a long way - maybe early 2022? 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

Stories like this (and Chiang Mai lockdowns, and Khao San road ad-hoc testing) tell me that this pandemic aint over - not by a long way - maybe early 2022? 

They know that full well too. Hence all the hoops to jump through. It's all propaganda to get some money in the "high season" (🤭) balancing risk and wallet, followed by more problems caused by the greed but then "high season" and expectations are over anyway.

• Like 3

Soon the restrictions will start ,requiring a covid passbook to enter many restaurants and other facilities!

The vaccinated will be taughted with these situations ! I won’t be surprised if they require people who have been at establishments with these outbreaks to take the revenue streaming covid tests!

BS!

1. if most people ( majority always, carry something through )
per, country or region, in the world, not, stand up, and
say no to this private, as not or not correct elected government people,
and write a natural, not evil based, order, so call constitution ( basic regulations ),
then lockdowns should not stop, because most or all people, only learn by pain.
-
2. main source of every problem, is, was and will always be, low education,
what includes to know risks, take bravely actions ( with plan, not violence ) and health.
is no longer about, if people "believe" that dangerous viruses exist,
is about the thoughtless mindset.
-
3. if some people not want to think, so not be pro or against, anything in politics.
because governments / education ministery, was and will never, be interested
to make, millions of people per country, self-dependent, not isolated. and they
use medicine of, firt sinovac, johnson, then pfizer etc. which are highly corrupted.

Edited by think-and-ask
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, think-and-ask said:

1. if most people per, country or region,
not stand up, say no to this private, not or not correct elected government people,
and write a natural, not satanic based constitution,
then lockdowns should not stop, because most or all people, only learn by pain.
-
2. main source of every problem, is, was and will always be, low education,
what includes to know risks, take bravely actions ( with plan, not violence ) and health.
is no longer about, if people "believe" that dangerous viruses exist,
is about the thoughtless mindset.
-
if some people not want to think, so not be pro or against, anything in politics.

Nothing wrong with a satanic based constitution,

Read the Satanic Tenets much better than most religions, especially the Abrahamic ones

The bottom line here is that vaccination numbers in Thailand aren't high enough yet, to drop all the restrictions, especially in certain parts of the country. The government needs to have a proper plan for reopening, once certain benchmarks are met, to give businesses some certainty and hope and the general population, having the motivation to be part of the solution, with the easing of restriction.I will always believe that getting vaccinated is a personal choice. No one should ever be forced...ever. If 80% of the population over 12 are vaccinated, 20% can afford not to be. 

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Jason said:

The bottom line here is that vaccination numbers in Thailand aren't high enough yet, to drop all the restrictions, especially in certain parts of the country. The government needs to have a proper plan for reopening, once certain benchmarks are met, to give businesses some certainty and hope and the general population, having the motivation to be part of the solution, with the easing of restriction.I will always believe that getting vaccinated is a personal choice. No one should ever be forced...ever. If 80% of the population over 12 are vaccinated, 20% can afford not to be. 

Agreed absolutely - and vaccination is only part of the solution, never the complete answer, as many countries are finding now.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Jason said:

Could you please explain to me why you are believing that 80% over 12 (12...really?) would be acceptable.

1- When mainstream media starting to come up with these numbers, first 70% then 80% or whatever, everyone was talking about herd immunity, which we know now was a mirage if not a lie or complete incompetence from our world leaders influenced by some whom have interest to vaccinate everyone (a little of everything in my opinion).

2- We know who die from covid 19, no need to write it again, right? I will do it anyway... very old people, people with severe commorbodities and very obese people (that's no way near 80% nor 70%...).

3- We also know that these vaccines do not ATT ALL prevent to catch the virus and transmit it.

4- If you look at countries with 70 or 80% vaccinated, what happened or is happening? Look the UK or Israel for example...3rd dose for whom? Who has been dying from covid in the UK for the past 3 months, with a deah rate much higher than Thailand by the way. Yeap, the same ones that have been fully vaccinated over 6 months ago (and sure enough some not vacinated too), the ones I mention in point 2-. Less deaths than last year of course cause these vaccines help to protect some of these groups of vulnerable (so the only benefiting from them then if anyone would think logically) but not all of them unfortunately.

So again, real honest question to you: Explain to me please why 80% over 12 would be acceptable and solve anything.

Could you please explain to me what your antivax stance will bring?? If you're still pushing the notion that it's just the flu etc etc...it will never infect you...you'll just overcome it and build your immunity...it's just a disease that effects old people and those with comorbidities....it's a conspiracy by world leaders.... yep, I've heard it all! I can only assume that the reason you are able to communicate with me is that you didn't die as a child from measles, rubella, whooping cough, mumps...why? Because you were vaccinated..... You didn't die from Hep A, Hep B and any number of other diseases, because vaccines were developed and made available. If you don't want to get a Covid vaccine it's your choice! For me, As sure as if something happens to me, I'll seek medical advice and be treated by doctors and nurses who are qualified in their field, I have confidence I have the best chance of survival and recovery. I trust in medical science because it is the best we, as humanity, have. You can go your own way. I wish you good luck.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Manu said:

Could you please explain to me why you are believing that 80% over 12 (12...really?) would be acceptable.

1- When mainstream media starting to come up with these numbers, first 70% then 80% or whatever, everyone was talking about herd immunity, which we know now was a mirage if not a lie or complete incompetence from our world leaders influenced by some whom have interest to vaccinate everyone (a little of everything in my opinion).

2- We know who die from covid 19, no need to write it again, right? I will do it anyway... very old people, people with severe commorbodities and very obese people (that's no way near 80% nor 70%...).

3- We also know that these vaccines do not ATT ALL prevent to catch the virus and transmit it.

4- If you look at countries with 70 or 80% vaccinated, what happened or is happening? Look the UK or Israel for example...3rd dose for whom? Who has been dying from covid in the UK for the past 3 months, with a deah rate much higher than Thailand by the way. Yeap, the same ones that have been fully vaccinated over 6 months ago (and sure enough some not vacinated too), the ones I mention in point 2-. Less deaths than last year of course cause these vaccines help to protect some of these groups of vulnerable (so the only benefiting from them then if anyone would think logically) but not all of them unfortunately.

So again, real honest question to you: Explain to me please why 80% over 12 would be acceptable and solve anything.

Can I have a go at answering your question and addressing the points you raised? In the order of your points:

1. As this was a new virus, albeit a coronavirus, the assumptions at the time were based on previous experience of other coronavirus and some scientific estimates as to what would achieve herd immunity. As time passed, and experience gained, it became clear that while the vaccines developed aided hospitalisations and death, it did not make you immune (few if any vaccines do). Due to the nature of Covid, it also allowed many people to be asymptomatic and being contagious before symptoms set in. All of this resulted in the notion of herd immunity not being as applicable to Covid as initially thought. This assumptions was done by many scientists. Independent governmental advisors and research establishments from across the world in almost all developed countries also assumed a level of vaccination could achieve herd immunity. 

2.  I’m not sure what your point is here? Yes the “majority” of people who die fall in to the categories you describe but not all. Even if it was 100%, what is your point? Let them die?  What about the people who are young, fit and slim who are still sick and need time off work? All of that places a strain on the economy and the health systems. Many survive and go in to have “long Covid, destroying their life, hampering the bread winners in a family, placing demands on healthcare and again upsetting the economy. 

3. That’s not true. Scientist are struggling to place a percentage figure on how much it protects you and stops it spreading. A recent Dutch study indicates the vaccines make you 63% less likely to contract the virus. I also believe three reasons exits why they are not placing a figure on it - A. Experts know it will vary by individual and hence a generalised number is meaningless. B. It will result in many people thinking they are bullet proof and make them more vulnerable. C. They simply don’t have sufficient reliable data to give an accurate number and vaccinations wane meaning people who were protected become less so over time.

4.  Vaccines wane if efficacy. We know that is the case with many vaccinations from Hepatitis and Tetanus to seasonal flue. It’s normal and hence people who were old and vulnerable and vaccinated up to 10 months ago, now need a booster. Countries like the U.K. and Israel are now undertaking such a process. As for the comment about them dying far more than Thailand, remember Isreal and the U.K. have been fully open including nightclubs and bars for many months. In the U.K. the weather is now more suited to the virus and similar patterns are seen each year with season flu. There is nothing at all surprising. I would also say that deaths in Thailand from Covid are most likely at the same rate as the U.K. is now as supported by excess deaths data, and yet many parts of its economy are closed.

So finally to address your overall question of why 80% of over 12?  For all of the above reasons, and a number has to be struck and an age limit placed on vaccines. I’m sure some would say 90% over 5. Others would say 70% over 16. 80% over 12 is a compromise number which may prove to be inadequate. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Manu said:

Vaccinations are only part of the solution. True older people with comobidities are at higher risk all people young and old spread the disease to others. It does have serious consequences across the age spectrums. We are still learning on how to treat this disease and when and how therapeutic can be affective. Physical barriers whether, masks, social distancing, preventing crowding etc are also critical. 

Pleases where people congregate and socialize are especially problematic. That's one reason why bars and entertainment places are problematic.

Adding restrictions and closure for businesses that can do so safely doesn't make sense either, because they are lower risk. 

Countries all over the world has similar problems.

4 hours ago, Manu said:

We know who die from covid 19, no need to write it again, right? I will do it anyway... very old people, people with severe commorbodities and very obese people (that's no way near 80% nor 70%...

Except what we "know" is that while the vulnerable group you've described don't make up 70 or 80% of the population they make up at least 30 to 40% - in some countries rather more.

What we also know is that Covid doesn't just kill people but it affects many for months or years afterwards.

What we also know, probably most importantly, is that if people are hospitalised with Covid they take up beds, ICUs, nurses and doctors, and hospital capacity so that those who don't have Covid can't get tested and treated for anything from cancer to a hip replacement. 

Like wearing a helmet on a motorbike or a safety belt n a car, it's not just about stopping you getting killed.

Dying from Covid is probably the least of the reasons why people should be vaccinated.