News Forum - Thai PM warns bars, nightlife not to open, defends ongoing closure order

Thaiger

2 minutes ago, JohninDubin said:

Your post reminded me of a woman commenting on an Aussie who had "imported", married and later divorced 6 SEA "Mail order brides". The woman in the doc compared him to a trafficker.

I wasn't so sure. I wondered if the real story was that man had a liking for wedding cake?

Ha ha!
Or perhaps he was hard-of-learning regarding the old adage of 'how do you stop a woman giving you head?'
Marry her.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, JohninDubin said:

Maybe? But not until they can find something else to replace the lost revenues. Until then, it's a case of talking out of both sides of their mouths at the same time. 

And if they do, will that lead to the eradication of village brothels too, or just transfer the problem to this even seedier aspect? And of course, I think many of the TH regulars for this will just transfer to Phils or Cam, while a certain section of the non-P4P Thai tourism industry will be lamenting Phils' and Cam's gains as their loss.

I think the truth of the matter is that many of those in power are really just going through the motions of condemning it. I think if they could find a replacement revenue, someone would point out how much better the economy would be if they could keep P4P alongside the new wealth source, for just a little longer until they could find an even better source to replace it. I think the real attitude that nobody really wants to talk about, is that they are like the Muslim owned corner shops, who would not want to be deprived of the income that selling alcohol gives them.

Spot on John - that saved me a job !

• Like 2