News Forum - Thai PM warns bars, nightlife not to open, defends ongoing closure order

Thaiger

16 minutes ago, gummy said:

Perhaps that is deep rooted due to a Mother issue maybe that manifested itself in later years with female interactions

I think this may have been the problem 

Screenshot_20211118-163741_Messenger.jpg

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, gummy said:

Skipping, really, when did you last see a Thai skipping 😂

My wife's brother got into trouble as a kid, for skipping school.

• Haha 4

Just now, Bluesofa said:

A Skipping School, is that another name for a children's gym ?😉

1 minute ago, gummy said:

A Skipping School, is that another name for a children's gym ?😉

I went to the gym regularly and put on loads of weight. Gym's cafe.

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Bluesofa said:

Is he what you'd call a ropa dope then or knot .?

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Sarisin said:

I think most Thais, including the government would like to see the slow destruction of the sex tourist trade, along with the disappearance of all the sleazy types in attracts from all over the world.

Of course they would. Then they can focus on the Sex for Thais trade and focus on how to plug an Ef’In great hole in their GDP

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, gummy said:

Perhaps that is deep rooted due to a Mother issue maybe that manifested itself in later years with female interactions

I guess all bar girls kicked him out the apartment after while and he watched them later having fun with another man drinking a beer and nobody wanted to drink a beer with him. But sure there must something happened with bargirls and beer. Or was his mother a bargirl? And why think only tourists or foreigners/westerner have drinking culture is a point I don't get it because my experience the last 30 years it is much more common in Asia than in western countries. If I compare a business meeting or the after work dinner to europe clearly that it is more in Asia. Especially in Thailand, Laos or Japan. Everybody who live in south east asia knows they like to enjoy especially in Thailand and Laos, so all his comments sounds a bit weird and seams he never met Thai people.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Bluesofa said:

I went to the gym regularly and put on loads of weight. Gym's cafe.

A neighbour of mine did something similar. He took up cycling. Got all the gear, spent a decent amount of money on a top end bicycle and off he went. He would go out as often as he could and sometimes, when it was a nice day, he would be out hours. After a couple of months he had gained 2Kg. It turns out he basically cycled 2 miles and stopped at the local pub. Had 2 or 3 beers and cycled home. He simply assumed he was burning hundreds of calories cycling and the beer was “basically water” !!   

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Malc-Thai said:

I think this may have been the problem 

Screenshot_20211118-163741_Messenger.jpg

Now I understand why some always talk about the bar girls and go wild about it. He had a bar girl but it was something else when he was at his hotelroom and got wild about the scam. 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Stardust said:

I guess all bar girls kicked him out the apartment after while and he watched them later having fun with another man drinking a beer and nobody wanted to drink a beer with him. But sure there must something happened with bargirls and beer. Or was his mother a bargirl? And why think only tourists or foreigners/westerner have drinking culture is a point I don't get it because my experience the last 30 years it is much more common in Asia than in western countries. If I compare a business meeting or the after work dinner to europe clearly that it is more in Asia. Especially in Thailand, Laos or Japan. Everybody who live in south east asia knows they like to enjoy especially in Thailand and Laos, so all his comments sounds a bit weird and seams he never met Thai people.

That’s correct. There is a misconception that alcohol is a thing only westerners have an issue with. The problem in the west is that it tends to be binge drinking on a Friday and Saturday night. The rest of the week people know they are up for work and tend not to go out. In Thailand it almost doesn’t matter what night of the week it is, Thai bars are still full and clubs full until the early hours. If your Thai and your birthday is on a Tuesday you go out Tuesday night. You don’t wait for the weekend. Couple this with the fact most Thais see foreigners while they are on holiday relaxing and enjoying a drink, and the result is a very distorted view of drinking habits.

So I understand why Thais may think foreigners are big drinkers. Don’t get what all the fuss is with certain members on this forum. It has to be a psychological problem.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Soidog said:

That’s correct. There is a misconception that alcohol is a thing only westerners have an issue with. The problem in the west is that it tends to be binge drinking on a Friday and Saturday night. The rest of the week people know they are up for work and tend not to go out. In Thailand it almost doesn’t matter what night of the week it is, Thai bars are still full and clubs full until the early hours. If your Thai and your birthday is on a Tuesday you go out Tuesday night. You don’t wait for the weekend. Couple this with the fact most Thais see foreigners while they are on holiday relaxing and enjoying a drink, and the result is a very distorted view of drinking habits.

So I understand why Thais may think foreigners are big drinkers. Don’t get what all the fuss is with certain members on this forum. It has to be a psychological problem.  

Maybe it is more simple as we think. Some were drinking in a bar, got drunk and went home with a bargirl and it wasn't a girl. Now they are angry their whole life.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Soidog said:

What are you talking about now? I’ve told you before. It’s clear you have been hurt by alcohol or a bar girl or both. You need to seek expert help to get over it or her/him and it’s nothing to be ashamed of. I’m not aware of any direct support for “Bargirlophobia” but I’m sure there must be help out there. Good luck to you. 

Not at all. I have observed the destruction to others. The covid crisis is probably taking care of some of this. I think it's the only benefiting to the pandemic.  My advice to you and you friend is to relocate to Cambodia or the Philippines for your quick thrills. Thailand is developing and doesn't want low end tourists anymore. 

6 minutes ago, LoongFred said:

Not at all. I have observed the destruction to others. The covid crisis is probably taking care of some of this. I think it's the only benefiting to the pandemic.  My advice to you and you friend is to relocate to Cambodia or the Philippines for your quick thrills. Thailand is developing and doesn't want low end tourists anymore. 

Have you ran that past the entire entertainments industry ? What was the feedback you got ?

Who is it you are speaking on behalf of when you say 'Thailand' ? Given there are 70 million thais what percentage have you consulted with about this ?

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Soidog said:

Very well put both in terns of realism and unbiased honesty.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sarisin said:

I think most Thais, including the government would like to see the slow destruction of the sex tourist trade, along with the disappearance of all the sleazy types in attracts from all over the world.

Maybe? But not until they can find something else to replace the lost revenues. Until then, it's a case of talking out of both sides of their mouths at the same time. 

And if they do, will that lead to the eradication of village brothels too, or just transfer the problem to this even seedier aspect? And of course, I think many of the TH regulars for this will just transfer to Phils or Cam, while a certain section of the non-P4P Thai tourism industry will be lamenting Phils' and Cam's gains as their loss.

I think the truth of the matter is that many of those in power are really just going through the motions of condemning it. I think if they could find a replacement revenue, someone would point out how much better the economy would be if they could keep P4P alongside the new wealth source, for just a little longer until they could find an even better source to replace it. I think the real attitude that nobody really wants to talk about, is that they are like the Muslim owned corner shops, who would not want to be deprived of the income that selling alcohol gives them.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Benroon said:

Have you ran that past the entire entertainments industry ? What was the feedback you got ?

Who is it you are speaking on behalf of when you say 'Thailand' ? Given there are 70 million thais what percentage have you consulted with about this ?

I suspect it may be more to do with with the conservative nature expected of politicians. As an example, there are many countries in the west, where police hold the view that the world would be a better place if drugs were legalised. Many politicians agree with this but know if they say so openly, their opponents will accuse them of encouraging the drugs trade, so the continue to remain silent, even though they believe legalisation would improve matters.

I can see the same happening if a Thai politician were to speak well of the "pros (no pun intended) and cons" of this revenue stream.

40 minutes ago, LoongFred said:

I don’t need quick thrills @LoongFred. I’ve been coming to Thailand for a long time and coming with my wife since we married. I enjoy Thailand and life for all it has to offer. I don’t judge people who choose to go or not to go out drinking and partying. They are on holiday after all. I think the people who go to Phuket or Pattaya and party hard spend a fortune. Far more then many of the people who stay in high end hotels and hang around the beach and have an early night. But you would know that of course. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JohninDubin said:

Maybe? But not until they can find something else to replace the lost revenues. Until then, it's a case of talking out of both sides of their mouths at the same time. 

And if they do, will that lead to the eradication of village brothels too, or just transfer the problem to this even seedier aspect? And of course, I think many of the TH regulars for this will just transfer to Phils or Cam, while a certain section of the non-P4P Thai tourism industry will be lamenting Phils' and Cam's gains as their loss.

I think the truth of the matter is that many of those in power are really just going through the motions of condemning it. I think if they could find a replacement revenue, someone would point out how much better the economy would be if they could keep P4P alongside the new wealth source, for just a little longer until they could find an even better source to replace it. I think the real attitude that nobody really wants to talk about, is that they are like the Muslim owned corner shops, who would not want to be deprived of the income that selling alcohol gives them.

Get real.

There is only one reason young girls go into being a bar hostess. It money,money,money. They are not attracted to middle aged or older foreign men. In fact, they think falangs smell. Falangs  are viewed with discuss but a meal ticket. The few that get married are shocked that live in the west is no better than Thailand and marriages don't last.

If you think the bar girl likes you, you are a fool. 

This is what you get from hanging out in the bars.

There are lots of really nice Thai girls, but it takes a real effort to meet them and a 20 year old Thai girl would never be interested in a robust 50+ year old foreigner. 

2 minutes ago, Soidog said:

I don’t need quick thrills @LoongFred. I’ve been coming to Thailand for a long time and coming with my wife since we married. I enjoy Thailand and life for all it has to offer. I don’t judge people who choose to go or not to go out drinking and partying. They are on holiday after all. I think the people who go to Phuket or Pattaya and party hard spend a fortune. Far more then many of the people who stay in high end hotels and hang around the beach and have an early night. But you would know that of course. 

Personally, if I arrive back in Dub with much more than the cab fare home in my pockets after a trip to TH, I feel like let I TH down.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, LoongFred said:

I would not overstimate Thailands "development". Still many have relatively low wages. "low end" tourism? What is that? I think you have a very stereotyphical view of the people that visit this places. There are many people with money that visits them.

1 minute ago, LoongFred said:

Get real.

There is only one reason young girls go into being a bar hostess. It money,money,money. They are not attracted to middle aged or older foreign men. In fact, they think falangs smell. Falangs  are viewed with discuss but a meal ticket. The few that get married are shocked that live in the west is no better than Thailand and marriages don't last.

There are lots of really nice Thai girls, but it takes a real effort to meet them and a 20 year old Thai girl would never be interested in a robust 50+ year old foreigner. 

You seem to know alot about bargirls and what they feel and think. Have you spent much time learning to know them and talking with them? Instead you spout out all the typhical things that reporters always repeat again and again..

And what do you know about girls marrying a man they meet in this buisness?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Dedinbed said:

Is he what you'd call a ropa dope then or knot .?

That reminds me of 'soap on a rope' that was popular over thirty years ago. For some reason everyone I knew always referred to it as 'pope on a rope'

Must have been popular in mens' prison shower-rooms.
I can't believe it's still going:

SoapOnARope.thumb.jpg.71c3d3bc790ebb613e874c1b37180112.jpg

3 minutes ago, LoongFred said:

Get real.

What has that got to do with my post? I said nothing about women being attracted to the men. The only attraction I implied was of TH to the money that it brings in.

I guess that as you've posted such an irrelevant reply to my post, you must have had too much to drink!

Really Fred? I am surprised at you!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, divrg said:

I would not overstimate Thailands "development". Still many have relatively low wages. "low end" tourism? What is that? I think you have a very stereotyphical view of the people that visit this places. There are many people with money that visits them.

You seem to know alot about bargirls and what they feel and think. Have you spent much time learning to know them and talking with them? Instead you spout out all the typhical things that reporters always repeat again and again..

And what do you know about girls marrying a man they meet in this buisness?

Your post reminded me of a woman commenting on an Aussie who had "imported", married and later divorced 6 SEA "Mail order brides". The woman in the doc compared him to a trafficker.

I wasn't so sure. I wondered if the real story was that man had a liking for wedding cake?

54 minutes ago, LoongFred said:

Who tells you that are only tourists here on the forum and I guess you talking about yourself. And who are you to dictate that without living here no family here and not understand Thai but want to dictate here and dictate what the Thais have to think?! Why not you just leave Thailand alone and the Thais! People who live here do more for Thailand then you and care for the Thaifamilies and who tell you that you are welcome with such nonsense? The people here saw the suffering of Thailand compare to you and sure they not want more suffering because of more incompetent actions or need more incompetent clowns. Who do you think you are, that you can decide of the peoples childrens future here without even understand one word thai or what the young generatiin here is worrying here. The last thing they need are people like you! Ypu have a mind problem and I guess alone. 

• Like 2