News Forum - Phuket’s Bangla Road inspected by national and local health officials

Thaiger

Health officials went to Phuket’s Bangla Road, but not for a beer. The deputy director of Thailand’s Department of Health went to Phuket and inspect the famed walking street in person, reviewing Covid-19 prevention measures. While bars and nightclubs are ordered to be closed nationwide, photos from the provincial health office show bars are the street packed with people, and some venues back to playing live music. Photos show partygoers scanning their hand to check their temperature before going to party. Reports say health officials did not find any breaches of Covid-19 prevention protocols. Deputy Director Kajonsak Kaewjarat used to […]

The story Phuket’s Bangla Road inspected by national and local health officials as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

"Reports say health officials did not find any breaches of Covid-19 prevention protocols."

and which direction were they looking🤔

And how about this clip from the phuket news today

"However, The Phuket News over the weekend was informed of a cluster of eight infections at one “restaurant” on Bangla Rd, where the infected have been asked to stay at home"

https://www.thephuketnews.com/national-health-deputy-inspects-bangla-82037.php

National and local health people? Bangla road? Another "junket"... oh sorry.. a "junket" is an Australian slang term for a trip or outing, paid for by the government or a company on the pretext of doing something really important! 

I'm waiting for the headline 'Bangla Rd sees 100b Covid tests & ambulance on standby'.. Same as they did on Khao San up in BKK as soon as it was deemed a popular haunt for drinkers.

1 hour ago, Tanuki said:

I'm waiting for the headline 'Bangla Rd sees 100b Covid tests & ambulance on standby'.. Same as they did on Khao San up in BKK as soon as it was deemed a popular haunt for drinkers.

I'll check Khaosan Road next month, before heading to Phuket

Just came back from Phuket couple of days ago, most bars open at night some with live music, crowded conditions, no masks, no temp check I saw, business as usual.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, DrPhibes said:

Just came back from Phuket couple of days ago, most bars open at night some with live music, crowded conditions, no masks, no temp check I saw, business as usual.

What could possibly go wrong? 🙄

Meanwhile in Chiang Mai (and elsewhere) up market restaurants can't serve wine to diners and so most remain closed.

On 11/16/2021 at 2:52 PM, Malc-Thai said:

"Reports say health officials did not find any breaches of Covid-19 prevention protocols."

and which direction were they looking🤔

And how about this clip from the phuket news today

"However, The Phuket News over the weekend was informed of a cluster of eight infections at one “restaurant” on Bangla Rd, where the infected have been asked to stay at home"

https://www.thephuketnews.com/national-health-deputy-inspects-bangla-82037.php

There are restaurants on Bangla? 

Must be selling peanuts while you drink. Am going to check one of this days. I know there was a Burger King, but haven’t been on Bangla for 2 years.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Alavan said:

Must be selling peanuts while you drink. Am going to check one of this days. I know there was a Burger King, but haven’t been on Bangla for 2 years.

Haha every bar has a restaurant licence now ! They just sell popcorn or a grab menu!   

On 11/20/2021 at 5:48 PM, Alavan said:

Had a beer during the day on Bangla and was given a condiment cup containing  peanuts.  The Burger King was closed.

• Like 1

On 11/20/2021 at 1:57 AM, KaptainRob said:

What could possibly go wrong? 🙄

Meanwhile in Chiang Mai (and elsewhere) up market restaurants can't serve wine to diners and so most remain closed.

As I have said before, I was there last month and my friend in September, Party as usual for at least 2 months now (I have been told much longer). Nothing wrong after at least 2 months so everyone's a winner!