News Forum - Health Ministry warns people to get vaccinated or face possible restrictions

Thaiger

A recurring story here is what viruses "do".

But viruses are not alive and the only thing that happens is that they are replicated when they enter a live cell, as their genetic material causes the living cell to make copies.

When billions of copies are made of something, errors are likely to occur. These errors are called variants or mutations. It's a passive process, not something a virus can "do".

When a variant is more infectious (by pure coincidence) it may take over, as Delta did. When it's less infectious, it likely disappears. 

As such, the less copies are made, the less chance of a variant. So, the conspiracists claiming that vaccines propagate variants is untrue, as we want to limit the number of times the virus can copy and that's what happens in vaccinated people.

The rest is luck of the draw. If a worrying variant occurs, we may be faced with a huge new problem. If variants prove less virulent, we may be lucky. We can't predict what the next stage will be. 

That's another reason why it's important that everyone cooperates in limiting the spread.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

where did I say that it was not? 

There are many different types of horses and dogs - but they are all horses and dogs. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

There are many different types of horses and dogs - but they are all horses and dogs. 

Could not have put it better myself.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, mickkotlarski said:

I was referring to the 2003 strain.

'SARS' is a generic term for the condition induced by a covid virus? 

On 11/16/2021 at 3:28 PM, Soidog said:

That’s fine. <edited> If you are not vaccinated then you must isolate. Let the majority of the world move on and you stay at home protecting yourself from what you think are the harmful effects of the vaccines. 

I'm vaccinated, why because I'm a Private School owner in Thailand that the Government here made it mandatory we vaccinate, besides that where is your proof the vaccines aren't harmful. Is it you believe everything ALL GOVERNMENTS spew as fact.

2 minutes ago, nobusinessofurs said:

I'm vaccinated, why because I'm a Private School owner in Thailand that the Government here made it mandatory we vaccinate, besides that where is your proof the vaccines aren't harmful. Is it you believe everything ALL GOVERNMENTS spew as fact.

It's nearly a year ago that vaccination started. Billions of jabs have been given. There are adverse reactions, mostly mild. And some had severe reactions and some even died. But it doesn't compare to the millions dying of Covid.

I wonder about the level of teaching if that has to be explained to you.

• Like 2