News Forum - Bars are closed in Bangkok… but not on Khao San Road

Thaiger

8 hours ago, DiJoDavO said:

Where's the line you draw? 80% to 20%. What if 90% is vaccinated and 10% not. Should seriously everyone wait for them? 

Btw, maybe I'm not following the news enough anymore, but is there still Covid? I though we moved on to climate change already. 😂

Closely followed by EV's

12 hours ago, DiJoDavO said:

Couldn't say it better. But as soon as I will talk about this again, Team Stay Home and Team Hide Under Your Bed will come after me within the next minute. 

I guess the issue here is from the vaccines purchased on taobao by the Thai gov  80% vacinated maybe but how many have had a effective vaccine?  already they are offering a 3rd jab to people who have had the 2 from Taobao

Me personelly I have and will contiune to travel within Th on a regualr basis 

16 hours ago, palooka said:

Have never mentioned Herd immunity ever on this forum or elsewhere so you might want to check your facts.

I said "I bet...". Figure of speech to make a point, if you did not get it then, you will not if I try to explain again so forget it.

You wouldn't, I associate with many Thais daily, teachers, police, cleaners shop keepers and labourers and sadly, very sadly they believe that when they are vaxxed they will not get Covid.

Yeah good on you, you live in Thailand and you know Thai people, who would believe... Guess what, me too. Well like in any country and for any nationality, some badly informed and/or naive people believe that, but most do not. Your comment obviously implies that ALL thais believe that and ONLY thais believe that.

What about the other 30%??? Don't care about those I suppose.

You mean the 30% amongst the kids, teenagers and young healthy people that have 0 benefit (but some risk) of being vaccinated from a disease that does not affect them at all? Then yes I do not care cause I am not worried for them, covid has 0 impact on their lives but the old people like you trying to continue to ruin it for them in order to protect their own little sad existence in constant and irrational fear as if the only way you could die today is from covid.

Your not one of those "I'm alright - bugger the rest" are you?

Jesus mate, raise the bar. 1.8 millions from covid in 2020... do you know, for example, how many died from tuberculosis for the same year? 1.5 millions... have you even given a thought about them? Since you live in Thailand, do you apply your "all time" social distancing and wear a mask on your bike or on the beach etc... to protect yourself against tuberculosis? You should, you can catch this one just the same way than covid (and plenty of other viral diseases by the way). You are the one who do not care and you are not even aware of it cause you are the ignorant (and not those kids having fun on Khao San Road as you said). As I said before, feel free to end your last little time left on Earth hiding inside your home with your mask on your face, but do not try to impose your fearing thinking to others that chose not to do so. Even the slightest critic on these kids on Khao San Road is NOT welcome...

Edited by Manu
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, DiJoDavO said:

Btw, maybe I'm not following the news enough anymore, but is there still Covid? I though we moved on to climate change already. 😂

If enough people die it will halt climate change.  As Bill Burr said, "85% of you need to die"

Covid barely scratched the surface, cancer and heart disease are way ahead

Cannot stop climate change with 7.4 Billion people and more every year because we are the cause of climate change.  Stop driving ICE's, switch to green energy, eat vegan, and stop having babies and we can halt climate change, but realistically that isn't going to happen.

Covid-22 coming next year to try again.  Civil wars could help, or maybe an asteroid will hit the earth.  

It's all good man

Peace

Edited by ExpatPattaya
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Manu said:

Even the slightest critic on these kids on Khao San Road is NOT welcome...

Sounds like a vested interest there.

1 hour ago, Manu said:

1.8 millions from covid in 2020...

Still in 2020 I see, it is November 2021 and today at 9:13 Asia time 5,121,468 had died from covid according to Worldometer.

1 hour ago, Manu said:

do you know, for example, how many died from tuberculosis for the same year? 1.5 millions... have you even given a thought about them?

Wife has tuberculosis at the moment, so yes I am aware of it and the damage it does to the human body, but I thought we were talking about Covid.

1 hour ago, Manu said:

but do not try to impose your fearing thinking to others that chose not to do so.

I thought Forums were for expressing personal opinions and getting feedback on them. Seems you feel it is your duty to troll and badger those that have a different opinion to you.

2 hours ago, Manu said:

As I said before, feel free to end your last little time left on Earth hiding inside your home with your mask on your face,

As I mentioned earlier I associate on a daily basis with many people and don't live in my house scared of covid, personally I have no fear of death and the last check up I had the doctor reckons I have 20 more good years left.

Suggest a few less angry pills would help.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Manu said:

Your comment obviously implies that ALL thais believe that and ONLY thais believe that.

Obviously you have a problem reading  "Sadly a common belief amongst Thais." this in no way implies ALL. 

Common belief of Bhuddism amongst Thais would read to you ALL Thais then, oh but what about the many muslim and christians also.

By the way living a sheltered life from Covid on Koh Chang (you claim to live there) where all visitors “will need to have received two doses of an approved vaccine, or to have had a negative Covid-19 test result via either RT-PCR or antigen testing, along with a medical certificate, or to have fully recovered from a Covid-19 infection for at least 90 days.” 

You're a bit full of it.

• Like 1