What Book are you currently reading?

Lorraine

On 9/30/2021 at 8:02 PM, TheDirtyDurian said:

Live and let live brother.

I think there are several others that you should address that to. I've never killed anyone on the basis of my religious book.

3 hours ago, MrStretch said:

I think there are several others that you should address that to. I've never killed anyone on the basis of my religious book.

Whatever. 

I've never made derogatory comments about another religion either.

• 3 weeks later...

In the Weeds

If you are a fan of Anthony Bourdain, this book is fascinating 

It is from his director of most of his shows

A behind the scenes sort of look

Really fascinating how things worked and a good portrait of Tony, obviously a tortured person

I loved this book

https://www.amazon.ca/Weeds-Around-Behind-Anthony-Bourdain-ebook/dp/B08PV5HYLG

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Gregory S Paul's new Princeton field guide, to the pterosaurs. Its a companion volume to his field guide to the dinosaurs, and presented in a similar format.

• 3 months later...

Many expats will know of Stephen Leather's 'Private Dancer', an excellent novel and an informative read for single male tourists.

Leather also writes thriller novels based around a former SAS hero, 'Spider' Dan Shepherd.  A series of excellent stories follow 'Spider's' career in the Met, and later MI5 along with his home life ... compelling reading with well researched facts woven into many unique plots.

I started with book #7, Rough Justice ... highly recommended!

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

I have been reading P.G. Wodehouse novels this year.

Previously I had only read the Jeeves and Wooster stories and novels,

But his other stuff is funny as well.

Currently reading "A Damsel in Distress", the plots in his books seem only to exist as an excuse to get the characters involved in ridiculous conversations.  Generally I am laughing at the things the characters say to each other and not too involved in the plots.

Recommended.

• 1 month later...

I am currently reading " The Lightning Thief  " written by Rick Riordan it is the number one-selling book and has sold around 1.2 million copies so far. The whole story is based on Gods and Monsters of Greek Mythology. The Percy Jackson and the Olympians web series is based on the same book that i am reading. if you're interested,  you can watch it streaming on various popular platforms.