News Forum - First 10 days: 30,000 arrivals; 147,000 Thailand Pass applicants

Thaiger

The Tourism Authority of Thailand totalled up some data for the first 10 days of Thailand’s reopening, with over 30,000 arrivals so far and nearly 150,000 applications submitted for the Thailand Pass to gain entry to the country. The TAT’s report states that the combined total of international travellers arriving at all of Thailand’s international airports – both Bangkok airports, Chiang Mai, Phuket, and Koh Samui – from November 1 to 10 was 30,538 travellers.   THAILAND PASS In the first 11 days of Thailand’s reopening, nearly 150,000 people have applied for the Thailand Pass required to enter the Kingdom. […]

The story First 10 days: 30,000 arrivals; 147,000 Thailand Pass applicants as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Many Thailand Pass applications were done thinking the entertainment places would reopen prior to New Year’s Eve as advertised.   If the PMs stance to wait until 15 Jan 2022 stands fast, many of the applicants will not execute their visits this year and return once things stabilize.  Tourism has many faces and the Thai leaders should realize that before it is too late.

• Like 2

Pre-COVID 2019 it was 110K per day so -97,2 percent compared to that. Compared for example to island nation Malta: 262K inbound tourists in 2019 September and 150K this September. Population 443K and one international airport. Total for this month for Thailand maybe 120K. Total failure.

• Like 5

They need time to come to the conclusion that all these procedures, tests and the enforced expensive hotel/transfer booking along with the policy to "imprison" positive cases AND those sitting near them on the plane stops mass tourism. Not to mention bars and clubs etc still being closed.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Considering the CCSA, just quashed using rapid antigen, I can't see things getting much better...

Have not seen that published yet....where is it please?

If the Thaiger comments are any indication, you can divide that figure of 147k by 2 or 3 to get an accurate number of applications. That figure most likely includes many duplicate submissions. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jason said:

Considering the CCSA, just quashed using rapid antigen, I can't see things getting much better...

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/ccsa-to-consider-replacing-covid-rt-pcr-with-antigen-tests-for-vaccinated-travelers/

I believe you have misunderstood the current status of PCR v Antigen tests. Please provide a link to support your definitive claim that the CCSA has squashed Antigen tests. 

There really does not seem to be any method to the Thailand Pass madness. I applied for two Thailand passes last weekend, one for myself and the for my Thai wife. I got mine approved after 3 days yet we are still waiting for my wife's to be approved after 7 days. Both applications were made from the same device within minutes of each other. Fortunately we are not travelling for another 3 weeks so have more time to apply again but it shouldn't need to be this way. We are actually moving to Thailand but if we were just taking a holiday then there is absolutely no way I'd be putting myself through this nonsense. 

• Like 5

30,000 have come to Thailand, yet reports this week say only 8 tourists have booked to stay in the popular resort town of Hua Hin..Somehow the figures do not seem to add up..?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jason said:

I have a reservation at the hotel pictured by bob20....  water views, a jacuzzi, and all the facemasks anyone could ever need. Absolute luxury.

'otel!  You were lucky to stay in a 'otel!  We used to stay in one room, all twenty-six of us, no furniture, 'alf the floor was missing, and we were all 'uddled together in one corner for fear of falling!   Monty Python (Indian holiday to Thailand version) 

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Tanuki said:

30,000 have come to Thailand, yet reports this week say only 8 tourists have booked to stay in the popular resort town of Hua Hin..Somehow the figures do not seem to add up..?

Because the vast majority of arrivals are not tourists, they are mainly returning Thais, Expats, Family Members, and Business. I bet Tim's recent arrivals in Phuket and Bangkok have been counted as a new tourist each time.  Given that Tim does that every weekend, that means Tim is actually 104 tourists each year - talk about a split personality - no wonder he wears those shirts. 😂 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, mrengthai said:

There really does not seem to be any method to the Thailand Pass madness. I applied for two Thailand passes last weekend, one for myself and the for my Thai wife. I got mine approved after 3 days yet we are still waiting for my wife's to be approved after 7 days. Both applications were made from the same device within minutes of each other. Fortunately we are not travelling for another 3 weeks so have more time to apply again but it shouldn't need to be this way. We are actually moving to Thailand but if we were just taking a holiday then there is absolutely no way I'd be putting myself through this nonsense. 

Im in the same boat..applied NOv 4th and still nothing..applied again...nothing--saw about access codes to check status---status is "previewing" aka worthless.....I finally gathered my pfizer papers with a QR code and tried to sent those in..from scratch of course(4th) and was blocked...saw ive already applied 2x

Sent "support" my updated hotel-vaxx-Ins forms hoping they would add them....again...silence...

I leave wed the 17th.......and cant say im feeling relaxed about my 30 hrs to land in BKK to be tested...

or if im even able to get on the plane in LAX....coming from DC

13 hours ago, AussieBob said:

Because the vast majority of arrivals are not tourists, they are mainly returning Thais, Expats, Family Members, and Business. I bet Tim's recent arrivals in Phuket and Bangkok have been counted as a new tourist each time.  Given that Tim does that every weekend, that means Tim is actually 104 tourists each year - talk about a split personality - no wonder he wears those shirts. 😂 

Yes that is generally how it works.  Land crossings are usually included as inbound tourists by govt even if it is some food card going back and forth.   I have friends who worked in this industry and they said this is how numbers get distorted.  I suspect the same for a short haul business flight.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PapayaBokBok said:

Im in the same boat..applied NOv 4th and still nothing..applied again...nothing--saw about access codes to check status---status is "previewing" aka worthless.....I finally gathered my pfizer papers with a QR code and tried to sent those in..from scratch of course(4th) and was blocked...saw ive already applied 2x

Sent "support" my updated hotel-vaxx-Ins forms hoping they would add them....again...silence...

I leave wed the 17th.......and cant say im feeling relaxed about my 30 hrs to land in BKK to be tested...

or if im even able to get on the plane in LAX....coming from DC

Could you explain more about "gathered your Pfizer papers with a QR code"? Assuming you are in the US since you mentioned LAX. Wouldn't you just upload your CDC vaccination card. My understanding is that most states didn't create digital records that could be shared. 

19 hours ago, AussieBob said:

'otel!  You were lucky to stay in a 'otel!  We used to stay in one room, all twenty-six of us, no furniture, 'alf the floor was missing, and we were all 'uddled together in one corner for fear of falling!   Monty Python (Indian holiday to Thailand version) 

Luxury i lived in matchbox all 10 of us 555.

• Haha 2

On 11/13/2021 at 1:47 PM, Lawyers_Guns_and_Money said:

If the Thaiger comments are any indication, you can divide that figure of 147k by 2 or 3 to get an accurate number of applications. That figure most likely includes many duplicate submissions. 

true,  my personel experience is so  far from 3 applications too dat 2 have been approved and i would expect the 3rd early next week

On 11/14/2021 at 6:27 AM, Lawyers_Guns_and_Money said:

Could you explain more about "gathered your Pfizer papers with a QR code"? Assuming you are in the US since you mentioned LAX. Wouldn't you just upload your CDC vaccination card. My understanding is that most states didn't create digital records that could be shared. 

I applied on TP 3x...each time I did I came up with more detailed documents as there have been fake vaxx card esp here in the looney nuts USA..yes I fly from DC-Denver-Lax-Sin-BKK-CNX(UGH)....

So since i spend hors each day waiting to QR and reading news about the ever changing rules-hoops-etc

Some mentioned QR codes almost instantly--or checking status..so I applied again for the "access" code which simply says"previewing" aka a waste of effort.....

Thru my home doc aka PCP everyone here wants u to open yet another damn "portal" to do zoom calls--doc visits-etc.....med records-----so by chance I reopened it to access my medical history with my primart doc

there was a section for covid 19--i clicked it open and to my surprise my pfizer shots were there--dunno maybe something with CDC and tracking as I got my booster this week and they added that into the system for i suppose some nat regs to keep track and such.....anyhoo there was a QR code with my 2x shots -lot # and etc.....hence reading folks who did TP got quicker approvals and was related to the Vaxx QR code to prove its real instead of a possilble fake and the writing is sloppy etc.....add in the TP site has been updated fixing bugs etc......i also used a booking/com # instead of the official hotel letter....from my first try

The thing was when I finally had legit offical paperwork the TP site wouldnt let me do a 4th filing!!!! 

So I emailed the forms to the "support" email and did it daily to nag them.....i finally got it at midnight the other night....it just popped up on my phone and i could see the tiny window said approved!  then i got another one--feast or famine...as some others have noted from sev filings.....better 2 than zero!!!

I applied on Nov 4 and it took 10 days..so much for 3-5--or even a week--10 damn days....is why the exact reason i did it early to give me room........as I fly out on the 17th and arrive at swampy on loy kratong!

Funny some other members from a different forum have stayed at the same AQ hotel so that helps to give me some info as I also got the GM at hotel to add my LINE and chatting her up so i can get info a well----in love and war always be prepared...one night in BKK makes a hard man humble.......godspeed...oh and I fly on my birthday....

So short story I needed to get my offic hotel letter and my pfizer offic QR vaxx letter to the thai pass boys