News Forum - Public Health Minister barred entry to Switzerland over vaccine requirements

Thaiger

Switzerland barred entry to Thailand’s Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul, reportedly for not meeting the country’s Covid-19 vaccination requirements, and Thai media reports that the minister missed a World Health Organisation meeting. Anutin was the first person in Thailand to be injected with a Covid-19 vaccine on February 28, kicking off the country’s mass immunisation campaign. He was injected with China’s Sinovac vaccine while PM Prayut Chan-o-cha was later inoculated with the AstraZeneca vaccine. The health minister later received a second dose of Sinovac and a third “booster” dose of AstraZeneca as the Sinovac vaccine was later found to be […]

The story Public Health Minister barred entry to Switzerland over vaccine requirements as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Bluesofa said:

🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 It couldn't happen to a nicer chap.

Hoped they called him a dirty Thai 😂  Mind you I'm surprised  he didn't call up his big mate who has just started dossing down next door again to see if he could bike over and pull a few strings.

3 minutes ago, gummy said:

Hoped they called him a dirty Thai 😂  Mind you I'm surprised  he didn't call up his big mate who has just started dossing down next door again to see if he could bike over and pull a few strings.

'pull a few strings' is that diplomatic speech for 'threaten a few people'?

• Haha 1

I wonder what Anutin will be doing this evening, apart from nipping round to the local pharmacy for something that removes egg from faces . . . lots of egg 🥚!

• Haha 7

Just now, King Cotton said:

I wonder what Anutin will be doing this evening, apart from nipping round to the local pharmacy for something that removes egg from faces . . . lots of egg.

Some 'whitening cream' no doubt.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Love it! can't help but wonder if the "dirty foreigner" who declined to participate in his state sponsored magnanimous ego enhancing face mask hand out was, in fact, Swiss! maybe a customs or immigration officer in his home country?? Karma being such a bitch!!!!

• Like 3
  • Cool 2

21 minutes ago, DiJoDavO said:

Hope he learned how it feels😂 but knowing him, I guess he will now really crack down on foreigners. 

Look out Swiss.

• Haha 3
  • Cool 1

20 minutes ago, King Cotton said:

I wonder what Anutin will be doing this evening, apart from nipping round to the local pharmacy for something that removes egg from faces . . . lots of egg.

Diplomatic passport and all, must really be smarting.  Bet someone in his office will get the blame though.

• Haha 4
  • Cool 1

1 minute ago, palooka said:

Diplomatic passport and all, must really be smarting.  Bet someone in his office will get the blame though.

Perhaps you mean "Bet someone in his orifice will get the blame " 😂

Just now, palooka said:

It's nice when there is really good news for a change, lightens the heart and spirit.  Made my day.

You and me both Palooka.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, palooka said:

It's nice when there is really good news for a change, lightens the heart and spirit.  Made my day.

Indeed and proof that Karma really does exist.

1 minute ago, gummy said:

Indeed and proof that Karma really does exist.

This is the best news I've heard in a while about instant justice.

On the website with the covid-19 approved vaccines for entering Switzerland < https://www.bag.admin.ch/bag/en/home/krankheiten/ausbrueche-epidemien-pandemien/aktuelle-ausbrueche-epidemien/novel-cov/empfehlungen-fuer-reisende/quarantaene-einreisende.html > it reads:

Which COVID-19 vaccines allow entry to Switzerland?

People who have received one of the following vaccines can enter Switzerland:

• Pfizer/BioNTech (BNT162b2 / Comirnaty® / Tozinameran)
  • Moderna (mRNA-1273 / Spikevax / COVID-19 vaccine Moderna)
  • AstraZeneca (AZD1222 Vaxzevria®/ Covishield™)
  • Janssen / Johnson & Johnson (Ad26.COV2.S)
  • Sinopharm / BIBP (SARS-CoV-2 Vaccine (Vero Cell))
  • Sinovac (CoronaVac)
  • COVAXIN®

>> But this begs the question WHY Anutin was refused entry to that recent WHO-meeting in Switzerland.  Allegedly he had 2 shots of SinoVac (fist one in February) and according to the ThaiGer article he also had the AZ booster-shot.

1 minute ago, BlueSphinx said:

On the website with the covid-19 approved vaccines for entering Switzerland < https://www.bag.admin.ch/bag/en/home/krankheiten/ausbrueche-epidemien-pandemien/aktuelle-ausbrueche-epidemien/novel-cov/empfehlungen-fuer-reisende/quarantaene-einreisende.html > it reads:

Which COVID-19 vaccines allow entry to Switzerland?

People who have received one of the following vaccines can enter Switzerland:

• Pfizer/BioNTech (BNT162b2 / Comirnaty® / Tozinameran)
  • Moderna (mRNA-1273 / Spikevax / COVID-19 vaccine Moderna)
  • AstraZeneca (AZD1222 Vaxzevria®/ Covishield™)
  • Janssen / Johnson & Johnson (Ad26.COV2.S)
  • Sinopharm / BIBP (SARS-CoV-2 Vaccine (Vero Cell))
  • Sinovac (CoronaVac)
  • COVAXIN®

>> But this begs the question WHY Anutin was refused entry to that recent WHO-meeting in Switzerland.  Allegedly he had 2 shots of SinoVac (fist one in February) and according to the ThaiGer article he also had the AZ booster-shot.

But then perhaps he didn't !