News Forum - Thailand to meet vaccination target a month ahead of schedule

Thaiger

Thailand is on course to meet its Covid-19 vaccination target by the end of November – a month ahead of schedule. Government spokesman Thanakorn Wangboonkongchana says over 80% of people in Bangkok and in several other provinces have now been vaccinated. On Wednesday, the Department of Disease Control distributed another 11 million vaccine doses to the provinces. According to a Bangkok Post report, the 100 millionth dose will be administered before the end of this month. Over 82 million doses have now been administered across the country, over 44 million of which are first doses and over 35 million being […]

The story Thailand to meet vaccination target a month ahead of schedule as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

If Thailand has made so many great and quick strides recently on the vaccine front, they show that this was possible a year ago before much of the economic distress 😕

40 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

Thailand is on course to meet its Covid-19 vaccination target by the end of November – a month ahead of schedule. Government spokesman Thanakorn Wangboonkongchana says over 80% of people in Bangkok and in several other provinces have now been vaccinated.

But, as of 2 days ago, Thailand - i.e. Thailand the country, not just BKK and environs - had only 49.1% of its people fully vaccinated.

Why on earth can this govt not be fully open and relevant in the statements that it likes to proclaim to the media? They know full-well that, rather than being ahead of schedule, they are still well behind schedule with regard to their fully-vaxing of 70% of the entire populace by year-end promises?

With a further seven weeks till year-end, if they were to fulfil their 70% promise, that will be the time to start trumpeting their achievements.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/06/14/world/thailand-shortage.html

• Like 3

if this is true,its high time to drop all the crap resyrictions and open to tourtist.with out all the crazy hoop jumping!!im sure the 450,000  workers they want from loas,burma,and cambodia will not buy insurance or book a hotel or any of this crap.yes,i think they will get the vaccine and stay in a place  being checked for any sickness but thats about it.so a fully vaccinated farang  poses not as great a risk as that.so open up as it used to be with out all this back and forth with a site that most time dont even work!!as far as insurance,charge all a fee on arriving in thai according to the months your staying. get it done.

TRanslated for the gullible, population 70 million =HALF   fully  vaccinated although Sinocack is  not the ultimate its  better than nowt

Over 82 million doses have now been administered across the country, over 44 million of which are first doses and over 35 million being second doses.

• Like 1

I like it.

image.jpeg.1f3c1ca406c2af09ba4b163f08364326.jpeg

42 minutes ago, farang said:

if this is true,its high time to drop all the crap resyrictions and open to tourtist.with out all the crazy hoop jumping!!im sure the 450,000  workers they want from loas,burma,and cambodia will not buy insurance or book a hotel or any of this crap.yes,i think they will get the vaccine and stay in a place  being checked for any sickness but thats about it.so a fully vaccinated farang  poses not as great a risk as that.so open up as it used to be with out all this back and forth with a site that most time dont even work!!as far as insurance,charge all a fee on arriving in thai according to the months your staying. get it done.

• Like 1

Having said that, any drive toward high vaccination numbers is welcome. Good on the medical staff of Thailand on the front line, who have born the brunt of vaccination while caring for those infected. you have my full support and the appreciation of your fellow citizens.

2 hours ago, King Cotton said:

Why on earth can this govt not be fully open and relevant in the statements that it likes to proclaim to the media? They know full-well that, rather than being ahead of schedule, they are still well behind schedule with regard to their fully-vaxing of 70% of the entire populace by year-end promises?

They need reporting to the department monitoring false news.
Oh I forgot, it's all part of the same 'government'.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Bluesofa said:

They need reporting to the department monitoring false news.
Oh I forgot, it's all the part of the same 'government'.

Ah yes "The Ministry of Silly Talks"

The same old clap trap roll out someone to lie to make it look good. The locals might be fooled by this nonsense but us in the west know the truth. What B/S tomorrow from a Government spokesman ? We can announce all major Airlines are fully booked next week and millions will be arriving before December 555.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, vlad said:

The same old clap trap roll out someone to lie to make it look good. The locals might be fooled by this nonsense but us in the west know the truth. What B/S tomorrow from a Government spokesman ? We can announce all major Airlines are fully booked next week and millions will be arriving before December 555.

Ah well, as long as 'we in the west' know the truth.

'Cos as everyone knows, we are the wise ones.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, farang said:

.so a fully vaccinated farang  poses not as great a risk as that.

It's not about how much risk a fully vaccinated farang poses, and never has been.

It's about how much risk is posed by everything the fully vaccinated farang wants which Thais have to provide: bars, restaurants, entertainment, travel, no masks, no social distancing, etc.

I think,  that come the day that the government has truly vaccinated 70%+ of its total population, soon thereafter, we will see pretty much all these travel restrictions end. Until then, it's a case of soldering on with all the nonsense.

My guess would be "normal" service will be resumed around October/November 2022, if no other disasters occur. 

I hope its sooner!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Poolie said:

Dont  you Thai to me 😅

5 hours ago, Jason said:

I see it....but I just don't believe it! If only governments world wide could only publish fully vaccinated percentages.

You have to define fully vaxed. Are you fully vaxed with Chinese vax? Anutin now knows he is not.

11 minutes ago, palooka said:

You have to define fully vaxed. Are you fully vaxed with Chinese vax? Anutin now knows he is not.

In Switzerland. They dont know if they're French or German let alone who's rules they should follow.

2 hours ago, Poolie said:

Not wiser, just more honest. 

• Like 1

Sad to read such lies

Parts of the country maybe vaccinated albeit with dodgy stuff

In reality the whole country is barely 50% covered and re the Chinese stuff i know nof but in my area there are shortages of AZ which is being used to boost first 2 vaccines

Its a complete Mess gov is totally out of its depth in all governance Not just vaccines

13 hours ago, ThaiEyes said:

If Thailand has made so many great and quick strides recently on the vaccine front, they show that this was possible a year ago before much of the economic distress 😕

Not sure I understood your posts, but a year ago, there were no vaxxes.

13 hours ago, King Cotton said:

But, as of 2 days ago, Thailand - i.e. Thailand the country, not just BKK and environs - had only 49.1% of its people fully vaccinated.

With a further seven weeks till year-end, if they were to fulfil their 70% promise, that will be the time to start trumpeting their achievements.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/06/14/world/thailand-shortage.html

I think the reason for the discrepancies might be part explained by the source you are getting the info from. Some examples are that sites I have looked at vary the population at 68-70 mill. Others count the entire population, whereas the country might specify that they are only vaxxing over-18's. 

As a result, the only constant is the number of doses given. When you calculate the percentages against say 50 million jabs, one standard might be for 70 mill, and the other for 55 mill. 

During the meantime I cam across this which might be a better guide. https://covidvax.live/en/location/tha The Population extrapolates to 70 mill on this site. It's based on reported TH gov figures

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, RampantRabbit said:

TRanslated for the gullible, population 70 million =HALF   fully  vaccinated although Sinocack is  not the ultimate its  better than nowt

Over 82 million doses have now been administered across the country, over 44 million of which are first doses and over 35 million being second doses.

44 mill + 35 Mill + 79 mill. There are 3 mill too many or too few in your post.

Don't tell me! Let me guess! You work for TAT? (hahaha)