News Forum - Teen sought in fatal Phuket stabbing yesterday turns himself in

Thaiger

A brutal stabbing yesterday in Rawai resulted in an 18 year old Thai man being killed and a manhunt for the 19 year old man accused of stabbing him. Now Boonyapat ‘Not’ Petcharat has turned himself in to the Wichit Police Station seeming to be confessing to the crime. He turned himself in at 3 am and also surrendered a folding pocket knife he said was used in the stabbing of Nakarin Somboon to death after a disagreement that led to an altercation. Police had been issued a warrant for his arrest, but he had surrendered before they were able […]

The story Teen sought in fatal Phuket stabbing yesterday turns himself in as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I hope that justice is served, but it won’t bring back the 18 yo victim. Perhaps closure is all the family and friends can hope for in these tragedies. The family loses a potential source of income from this 18 yo also. Sad.

Is 19 is too young, by law, to have his identity exposed in the media? Just asking because if it were an older person, especially a foreigner, their picture and information would be plastered everywhere in the media.

No, I don't believe so. Thailand does have this thing of doing selfies with arrested people. I did predict yesterday, these 3 would be apprehended pretty quickly. It's an island.