News Forum - Government panel created to defend consumers online from fraud

Thaiger

A new panel was established by The Ministry of Digital Economy and Society, which will be in place to protect online shoppers from fraud. As Thailand’s internet economy experiences massive growth, problems related to online transactions are rising, too. With this panel, the government aims to help protect consumers from these internet scams. Secretary general of the Thailand Consumer Council Saree Aongsomwang explained what the structure of this panel would be, and its goals. It will be made up of 3 representatives from the MDES, and 18 other members from different government agencies. She went on to describe the overall […]

The story Government panel created to defend consumers online from fraud as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 1

Lazada doesn't have problem to bring anything in Thailand. FDA, TISI and NBTC seems to ignore all Lazada products crossing the border. Try to buy a phone from Amazon and you will be nailed with the letter from customs, requiring NBTC license... money talks 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AlexPTY said:

Lazada doesn't have problem to bring anything in Thailand. FDA, TISI and NBTC seems to ignore all Lazada products crossing the border. Try to buy a phone from Amazon and you will be nailed with the letter from customs, requiring NBTC license... money talks 

Well rich Thais probably own Lazada, they don't own Amazon so it is in the beneficial interest of Thailand that the rich get richer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, palooka said:

Well rich Thais probably own Lazada, they don't own Amazon so it is in the beneficial interest of Thailand that the rich get richer.

Actually, Jack Ma owns Lazada

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Lazada is rife with conterfeits posing as originals they do little to control this growing trend.  Shopee is actually better although I often use Lazada.  And Facebook is a feeding ground for ripoff artists.  At least with lazada and shopee you can appeal and get your money back good luck with facebook and they know this but allow it to continue.

Edited by billywillyjones
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, AlexPTY said:

Excellent point. I'm having a big problem with Ubuy. Ordered some leather furniture cleaner and protection cream. Cleaner came through no drama but customs seized the  protection cream and DHL are charging me 1840 Baht for customs clearance.

I tried to order the same product on Amazon but after processing my order was rejected for no reason and refunded my money. Looks like the deal was off after they noticed the shipment was for Thailand.

Ubuy were totally useless when I contacted the Customer services but still advertises the product. Indian company that is very dodgy and slap dash.

Lazada has scams artists seilling but as you said Alex you can always rely on the fact that its an Aliexpress arm that bypasses the red tape. At least one can get refunded and report p+ss and wind merchants to the platform.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mickkotlarski said:

Excellent point. I'm having a big problem with Ubuy. Ordered some leather furniture cleaner and protection cream. Cleaner came through no drama but customs seized the  protection cream and DHL are charging me 1840 Baht for customs clearance.

I tried to order the same product on Amazon but after processing my order was rejected for no reason and refunded my money. Looks like the deal was off after they noticed the shipment was for Thailand.

Ubuy were totally useless when I contacted the Customer services but still advertises the product. Indian company that is very dodgy and slap dash.

Lazada has scams artists seilling but as you said Alex you can always rely on the fact that its an Aliexpress arm that bypasses the red tape. At least one can get refunded and report p+ss and wind merchants to the platform.

I have ordered many things via Lazada but generally all from China as China has  trade agreement with Thailand and no customs charges I have encountered.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, billywillyjones said:

I have ordered many things via Lazada but generally all from China as China has  trade agreement with Thailand and no customs charges I have encountered.  

Yes. This is a big help with regard to shipping and customs clearance. I've had to open many cases over the years with Aliexpress and a few with Lazada but have still got some really good deals without the hassle that Thailand gives Amazon. Even though Amazon offers superior products and better range of goods.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mickkotlarski said:

Yes. This is a big help with regard to shipping and customs clearance. I've had to open many cases over the years with Aliexpress and a few with Lazada but have still got some really good deals without the hassle that Thailand gives Amazon. Even though Amazon offers superior products and better range of goods.

Yeah most of amazon comes from China anyway.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, palooka said:

Write that off then. Do you know who owns Shoppee?

If you order something on Lazada and the delivery time is not a few days. That simply means its coming from China. Have a search for the same thing on Aliexpress and often you can find a slightly better  price and quicker delivery.

FYI Palooka. Although Jack Ma is a major player in Aliexpress/Lazada its main shareholders/owners are from Singapore,Taiwan and Japan.

18 hours ago, Thaiger said:

A new panel was established by The Ministry of Digital Economy and Society, which will be in place to protect online shoppers from fraud. As Thailand’s internet economy experiences massive growth, problems related to online transactions are rising, too. With this panel, the government aims to help protect consumers from these internet scams. Secretary general of the Thailand Consumer Council Saree Aongsomwang explained what the structure of this panel would be, and its goals. It will be made up of 3 representatives from the MDES, and 18 other members from different government agencies. She went on to describe the overall […]

The story Government panel created to defend consumers online from fraud as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Good. Tell them about Ubuy.