News Forum - Things to know about the Thailand Pass. And some rumours.

Thaiger

11 minutes ago, mrengthai said:

I got my Thailand Pass approved yesterday and I have a middle name on my passport but not on my NHS vaccine certificate. I edited the NHS vaccine certificate to add my passport number below my date of birth in the section at the top. Can't say for sure if that made any difference but you should at least try again mate. You may have just been unlucky with the person who vetted your application.

Hope you don’t mind me asking @mrengthai, but if you were able to add your passport number to your NHS certificate, why not replace your first and second names to show your whole name including middle name? I’m asking out of interest and on the basis that I will face the same issue in the coming few weeks. 

Thanks

11 minutes ago, Soidog said:

Hope you don’t mind me asking @mrengthai, but if you were able to add your passport number to your NHS certificate, why not replace your first and second names to show your whole name including middle name? I’m asking out of interest and on the basis that I will face the same issue in the coming few weeks. 

Thanks

I don't know the exact data that is contained within the QR code, but I  assumed the name without middle name is part of it. I therefore decided to add passport number instead. Suppose you could try either option.

Edited by mrengthai

10 minutes ago, Soidog said:

Sorry to correct you @Alavan but that’s incorrect I’m afraid. I’m in the U.K. and my first and second AZ vaccines were 12 weeks apart. I believe in the early stages of the vaccination program back in December 2020 and early 2021, they may have initially suggested a 4 week separation, however the vast majority was with a 12 weeks gap. 

Sorry, I noticed the early 4 weeks between both shots, but didn't know they also changed to 8-12 weeks.
My mistake.
Must say I was more ancious to get my first vaccination and was checking other countries worldwide. Once the process started, I didn't mind so much.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mrengthai said:

I don't know the exact data that is contained within the QR code, but I  assumed the name without middle name is part of it. I therefore decided to add passport number instead. Suppose you could try either option.

No, that’s an excellent point you make. It is highly likely your name is within the QR code and hence would show its been modified. Additional data wouldn’t of course. Great point 👍🏻

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, mrengthai said:

I got my Thailand Pass approved yesterday and I have a middle name on my passport but not on my NHS vaccine certificate. I edited the NHS vaccine certificate to add my passport number below my date of birth in the section at the top. Can't say for sure if that made any difference but you should at least try again mate. You may have just been unlucky with the person who vetted your application.

Hello mate how did you edit it. i.e. how did you add your passport number and was it to the certificate that is posted to you, or the one you download from the App. It must have helped. But I do know what you mean about the luck in who makes the decision…. 

I have had a chat with my GP and my records have all the fields in place Given name, surname and middle name. However, there is another field called “Known as”. So we have amended that and tomorrow I will request a new certificate. Not sure it will do anything, but it’s worth a try. I will feed back if it works. 

9 hours ago, ThaiEyes said:

My coverage is year round and with WrLife. While it does cover hospitalization with or without symptoms, there is no mention of quarantine hotel coverage, that is, if I have to quarantine because someone in my van to the hotel tested positive.

There is no insurance that will cover that.

49 minutes ago, BBY said:

Hello mate how did you edit it. i.e. how did you add your passport number and was it to the certificate that is posted to you, or the one you download from the App. It must have helped. But I do know what you mean about the luck in who makes the decision…. 

I added to the certificate that is generated from the NHS app, the one that has 2 QR codes on.

After converting from pdf to jpg I opened the image in the paint app on my windows PC and used the text tool in the toolbar to add the passport no.

I ordered one of the vaccine certificates that comes in the post, it just arrived today. I notice it does not have any QR codes on it though. There is a standard barcode under the address but I'm not really sure that is usable for the Thailand Pass.

16 minutes ago, mrengthai said:

I ordered one of the vaccine certificates that comes in the post, it just arrived today. I notice it does not have any QR codes on it though. There is a standard barcode under the address but I'm not really sure that is usable for the Thailand Pass.

Mmmm, must admit my application was with the one you download. The postal one hadn’t arrived. Thanks for the tip, I will add my passport for the next attempt. 👍🏻👍🏻

What is my risk exposure if I go ahead and book a trip now?  I'll be paying for the flight, 1 night @ an ASQ hotel, and COVID testing.  Do I also need to book the remainder of my stay?  Is that generally refundable?  Just debating if it makes sense to plan my vacation.  Like most people, I will have time in December and perhaps the first two weeks of January, but then work commitments will be an issue.  Thanks in advance for your input.

John

Thailand has entirely too many rules and regulations that could impact ones holiday. I will look to those countries that actually want my travel funds for six weeks. Who needs this headache 🤕

• Like 4

12 hours ago, TV7 said:

If I read correctly it's possible that a)  Dropping the rule to have a RT-PCR test within 72 hours of departure because a growing number of countries don’t actually have an option to have this test done; which is good news, or b) Alternatively the PCR test requirement could be required 72 hours before ARRIVAL. This could happen as soon as next week; which is even worse than what is needed at the moment? That last one means that a test needs to be done 24 - 36 hours before departure in most cases.

Yes, that was my reading of it as well.  The timing becomes very critical.  How on earth is that better? :-)

John

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Dedinbed said:

Headless chickens .. 

Fair enough t'is Thailand's perogative if they wish to continue with this but the downside will be a considerable number of folk won't even bother considering visiting the Kingdom when this amount of aggro has to be endured .. 

totally agree. Hope they get used to the lack of tourists for the foreseeable future 

21 hours ago, Dedinbed said:

Headless chickens .. 

Fair enough t'is Thailand's perogative if they wish to continue with this but the downside will be a considerable number of folk won't even bother considering visiting the Kingdom when this amount of aggro has to be endured .. 

totally agree. Hope they get used to the lack of tourists for the foreseeable future 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BBY said:

Mmmm, must admit my application was with the one you download. The postal one hadn’t arrived. Thanks for the tip, I will add my passport for the next attempt. 👍🏻👍🏻

I'm not judging or recommending one way or the other, but by altering anything on the certificate, whether adding information or deleting or changing it, you're invalidating the document if it's ever checked against an original.

If applying through an embassy where they're going to have plenty of others for comparison that may not be a very good idea.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Soidog said:

I spoke with a friend of mine who owns a travel agency in South London last night. He seemed really up to speed with all things relating to the Thailand pass etc. He took the decision several months ago not to market or sell holidays to Thailand at the moment. He said he took that decision for two reasons:

1. It simply wouldn’t be fair to his many customers, many of whom are regulars to book holidays to Thailand only for things to change or have problems on arrival.

2. He believes that when problems do occur, his business would become embroiled in all kinds of claims as a result of situations out of his control.

Speaking with many similar agents across the country, he has found them to be doing the same thing.  Thailand’s processes and rules are simply too unstable and fluid to be able to confidently market it as a destination. 

i can confirm this, a friend works for high end agency in Kensington London, they are simply not promoting any travel to Thailand at the moment for similar reasons

NB Thai gov this is a very "high end" agency flogging Thailand to the people you really want 

Edited by poohy
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, poohy said:

i can confirm this, a friend works for high end agency in Kensington London, they are simply not promoting any travel to Thailand at the moment for similar reasons

NB Thai gov this is a very "high end" agency flogging Thailand to the people you really want 

The problem, which I can understand even if I don't necessarily agree, is that while some "high end" people may have no problem paying for their quarantine in an ASQ hotel if necessary or their treatment in a private hospital, not everyone will so who pays?

In some countries treatment for Covid's free in state hospitals but here it isn't unless you were here "pre-Covid", and many tourists may not see going into a state hospital here, or putting their children in a state hospital, as an acceptable option.

So what better option is there? Free treatment and quarantine for tourists if necessary, which a lot of Thais won't be happy about?

Yet another surcharge on arrivals in lieu of insurance, depending on the length of stay?

Or mandatory insurance?

40 minutes ago, Stonker said:

The problem, which I can understand even if I don't necessarily agree, is that while some "high end" people may have no problem paying for their quarantine in an ASQ hotel if necessary or their treatment in a private hospital, not everyone will so who pays?

In some countries treatment for Covid's free in state hospitals but here it isn't unless you were here "pre-Covid", and many tourists may not see going into a state hospital here, or putting their children in a state hospital, as an acceptable option.

So what better option is there? Free treatment and quarantine for tourists if necessary, which a lot of Thais won't be happy about?

Yet another surcharge on arrivals in lieu of insurance, depending on the length of stay?

Or mandatory insurance?

Re above i think in this case its just a case of better options with less convoluted entry requirements are available  and will be offered

Simply better value easier and less to go wrong

• Like 2

I have a home in Thailand, my own vehicle, a valid retirement visa and reentry permit.  I'll go back if and when Thailand manages to vaccinate their population and I can travel without another 'pass', get a quick Covid-19 test and drive myself home.  The effort should be to gain herd immunity not to figure ways to bring tourists into a country that is not yet in control of the virus.  Until then I'll spend my money elsewhere.

• Like 3

Has anyone applied for Thailand Pass who had the one shot Johnson & Johnson vaccine? I will be trying next week. I am concerned because there is no second date of vaccination.

I don't have my middle name on my vaccination record. I am from Canada. 

I just uploaded the vaccine record 4 times 2 times certificate and 2 times Qr code. 

It worked. I got my thailand pass yesterday. Took 3 days from application. 

6 hours ago, Biglogbox said:

I have a home in Thailand, my own vehicle, a valid retirement visa and reentry permit.

You have an extension of your permission of stay which has an expiry date, after which you'll need to start the whole process again.

On 11/11/2021 at 5:00 PM, ThaiEyes said:

My coverage is year round and with WrLife. While it does cover hospitalization with or without symptoms, there is no mention of quarantine hotel coverage, that is, if I have to quarantine because someone in my van to the hotel tested positive. I should probably double check with them if they would cove, but likely not since a hotel may not be classed as a health facility. 

If you test positive, you'll be moved to a medical facility for treatment or isolation.
Quarantine in a hotel whether for 1, 7 or 10 days only applies if you test negative.

The Insurance question to be answered is, does it cover isolation 'only' if testing positive, but no symptoms, therefore 'treatment' is not administered.

This website gives examples of Insurance policies that do and do not cover asymptomatic conditions if tested positive.  https://asq.in.th/thailand-covid-insurance

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

The documentation has been uploaded on February 1st, it's February 7th and I have to leave on the 17th. No answer has arrived yet. I tried to submit again, but when I submit the document it gives me an error "api server error"