News Forum - Air Asia boss: Recovery in 3 months if countries ditch quarantine, testing

Thaiger

The chief executive of the Air Asia Group says the aviation sector could return to normal in about 3 months, if governments ditch quarantine and PCR testing. Tony Fernandes says if countries can re-open without such requirements, demand will rise significantly. According to a Bangkok Post report, Air Asia has sold over 300,000 tickets to Langkawi since the island re-opened. “If borders re-open tomorrow with no quarantine and PCR test, we will be back to normal by 3 months.” Fernandes says governments must make decisions based on an acceptance of living with Covid-19, particularly in the wake of mass vaccination […]

The story Air Asia boss: Recovery in 3 months if countries ditch quarantine, testing as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

6 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

“If borders re-open tomorrow with no quarantine and PCR test, we will be back to normal by 3 months.” 

Ditching quarantine will certainly make a positive difference in people's willingness to travel (anywhere)... however, ditching PCR testing is irresponsible, and just goes to show how little this man knows about keeping Thailand safe from infection. PCR testing is here to stay, to suggest otherwise is ignorance

"There is a long way to go, but we are back."

Tony Fernandes, CEO Air Asia

Other famous last words.

"Why should I talk to you? I have just been talking to your boss."

Wilson Misner

"Stingrays love foreplay"

Steve Irwin (as per Frankie Boyle)

"I'm bored with it all"

Winston Churchill

I should never have switched from Scotch to Martinis"

Humphrey Bogart

"Capital Punishment means those without the Capital get punished"

John Authur Spenkelink (days before his execution)

"A woman who can fart is not dead"

Louise-Marie Therese (French Nun)

I just cancelled everything for my December trip so I can go to Central America. It is a silly charade. Over the last 10 days I applied for Thailand pass 6 times and didn’t receive any code as of yet. Maybe I’ll go back to Thailand in Feb. But if Japan opens for tourism by then, I will go to Tokyo instead…path of least resistance: I ll go to wherever the entry rules the easiest. I am trying to go for a nice vacation to spend 100k usd or something, not do pages of lowly secretarial paperwork. 😁

• Like 1