News Forum - US journalist Fenster faces charges of terrorism and sedition

Thaiger

Danny Fenster, the American journalist that was taken into custody as he attempted to leave Myanmar in May, has had additional charges of terrorism and sedition levied against him today. He is now facing a maximum sentence of life in prison for those charges, a grave turn from the original 6 years he was facing for the accusation of promoting dissent against the Burmese military junta as well as unlawful association. A trial for these new charges is scheduled to get underway on November 16, and the lawyer for Fenster says his client is disappointed in the new charges being […]

The story US journalist Fenster faces charges of terrorism and sedition as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Journos in the west are used to being able to say what they like. It all falls apart in the face of a military junta, unless the US is willing to put some pressure on the junta...time will tell. 

1 minute ago, whitesnake said:

THE US NEEDS DONALD BACK IN THE HOT SEAT! 

Well if you are referring to the Electric chair then half the nation would possibly agree 😁

3 minutes ago, whitesnake said:

I’d almost agree with that statement. I’d say what the Western counties (not just the US) need is Donald’s policies and approach to places like China, attitudes towards NATO funding and calling out poor deals like the Iran Nuclear deal and the Paris climate agreement. If only the US could find someone with the same message but different style then I would be very happy. 

2 hours ago, Griff1315 said:

Glad I'm not relying on sleepy Joe to get me out, certainly if Afghanistan was a sign of his commitment to helping US citizens.

It was Trump who took the decision to pull out of Afghanistan.

2 minutes ago, Soidog said:

I’d almost agree with that statement. I’d say what the Western counties (not just the US) need is Donald’s policies and approach to places like China, attitudes towards NATO funding and calling out poor deals like the Iran Nuclear deal and the Paris climate agreement. If only the US could find someone with the same message but different style then I would be very happy. 

No that's not the way. Just bring back the old British East India company and get that  Opium back into China so they all lay around high as kites. Pacification is the answer, trust me 😂

9 minutes ago, whitesnake said:

3 minutes ago, Soidog said:

I must admit at times during Trump's Presidency I thought this man is some kind of Loon. However having seen what they replaced him with means the true Loons are now in power. 

Bring back Trump yes please...

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Changnam43 said:

It was Trump who took the decision to pull out of Afghanistan.

Not like that he didn't. 

That was all down to sleepy Joes  team.

1 hour ago, gummy said:

No that's not the way. Just bring back the old British East India company and get that  Opium back into China so they all lay around high as kites. Pacification is the answer, trust me 😂

They're too busy playing with hypersonic missiles to get stoned, and building undersea mountain ranges for the goons to run into. 😉

14 hours ago, gummy said:

Well if you are referring to the Electric chair then half the nation would possibly agree 😁

2 for 1 deal-Throw Canada's Trudeau in there as well!