Vaccination of foreigners kicks off next week

Thaiger

It’s the moment you’ve all – okay, many of you – have been waiting for. The Thai government says that from Monday, foreigners living in the Kingdom who have registered for Covid-19 inoculation, will start to receive the vaccine. It’s been a long road of anxiety, confusion, and chaos to get to this point and there are probably many who won’t believe it until the moment they’re told to roll up their sleeve. Sophon Iamsirithaworn from the Disease Control Department says the vaccination of pre-registered foreign diplomats will begin on Monday, the same day the government’s much-anticipated national rollout begins. […]

The post Vaccination of foreigners kicks off next week appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• 3 weeks later...

Hi folks ..   I have tried to register ... I am an British/American and have been here in Thailand for 13 years and cannot even register .. my local phone and email gets rejected ...   I am on a retirement visa and have underlying condition I am 76 years old I understand its not Thaiger   fault but this is getting beyond a joke ... I have tried several times to register how many more times must we have misleading information ....  

• Angry 2

22 minutes ago, Richard11 said:

how many more times must we have misleading information ....  

Yes, a sad and worrying situation. Are you within reasonable travelling distance from a state hospital, since that appears to be the firmest advise from the PHD, currently?

Hello, Richard11 and welcome to Thaiger Talk

Please feel free to tell us a bit about yourself in 'Introductions'. It's good to pick-up on those sometimes differing regional or geographical perspectives.

And check-out the Guidelines, too, when you get a free minute. They're there to help us all enjoy our time here.

Happy posting

King Cotton

19 minutes ago, Richard11 said:

Hi folks ..   I have tried to register ... I am an British/American and have been here in Thailand for 13 years and cannot even register .. my local phone and email gets rejected ...   I am on a retirement visa and have underlying condition I am 76 years old I understand its not Thaiger   fault but this is getting beyond a joke ... I have tried several times to register how many more times must we have misleading information ....  

I sympathize Richard but after 13 years in Thailand you should know Thais cannot take an order in a restaurant of three items, without returning twice to be reminded. The complexity of making appointments might be too much for them.

Basically on Phuket they are just peasants off the farms and fishing boats. They have still not learned to use telephones and emails, perhaps they never will. However not answering telephones and emails could be just avoidance of work, which they are habitually inclined to do.

I went to a police station once who were not answering telephone - there were only two in the dark office and they were asleep under the desks.

• Like 2

No damn vaccine, privat or government hospitals in Koh Phangan. No one can tell you when it will arrive less what vaccines there will be onward in a distant future. 

• 2 weeks later...

I managed to register at Rayong Hospital on June 7th. I received a number, but nothing else, except a link to Rayong Hospital's web site (which is totally unnavigable and untranslatable). I have no idea what will happen now. Whether there's some web site somewhere that gives me an appointment if I manage to find it, whether somebody will phone me to tell me a date, or whether (most likely option), my details will land up in the garbage. Can anybody give me any confidence in this system? I'm 70 years old, so I would hope I'm on some priority list somewhere.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, davej said:

I managed to register at Rayong Hospital on June 7th. I received a number, but nothing else, except a link to Rayong Hospital's web site (which is totally unnavigable and untranslatable). I have no idea what will happen now. Whether there's some web site somewhere that gives me an appointment if I manage to find it, whether somebody will phone me to tell me a date, or whether (most likely option), my details will land up in the garbage. Can anybody give me any confidence in this system? I'm 70 years old, so I would hope I'm on some priority list somewhere.

It works fine for Thais. Get some native assistance.

• Like 2

On 6/18/2021 at 4:24 PM, TobyAndrews said:

I sympathize Richard but after 13 years in Thailand you should know Thais cannot take an order in a restaurant of three items, without returning twice to be reminded. The complexity of making appointments might be too much for them.

Basically on Phuket they are just peasants off the farms and fishing boats. They have still not learned to use telephones and emails, perhaps they never will. However not answering telephones and emails could be just avoidance of work, which they are habitually inclined to do.

I went to a police station once who were not answering telephone - there were only two in the dark office and they were asleep under the desks.

A surfeit of poetic license there.

got my jab on Saturday booked from intervac site mentioned here, you have a choice on different days for Sinovac and AZ, i didn't think too long about my choice

• Like 2

06- 28  On day 11 of "Registration approval pending" on the Phuket Must Win  website. No response from  DEPA the webmaster, no response from Cherng-Telay OrBorTor,  nor The Phuket Provincial office,  the Health Dept  or the general complaint department of the Phuket Govt.  Have been informed people are getting vaccinated by showing the QR codes for others, but I do not have such access, am informed the Line Friends app is useless, and I am unable to use Line anyway as my cheapo Wiko phone does not have enough memory and my  10 yo laptop is running ancient bootleg Windows XP. Not all expats can afford the latest i-phone - am 59 on retirement visa.  US Embassy is actually suggesting Americans fly home for vaccines, whilst  donating 100 million doses so far with plans for  400,000.  That suggestion ignores  the risk,  difficulties and expense in traveling right now.    

Vacination registratin 06 25 blanked.png

• Cool 2
  • Angry 1

On 6/18/2021 at 2:37 PM, Richard11 said:

Yes it is a terrible and each province or hospital gives different informations as I got the info not before October and on the hand they announce they start now. But same situation the Thais had too, already with appointments to get the shot were sent home because there are no vaccines. It seams there are complete different informations at the same time again.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, AlexPTY said:

got my jab on Saturday booked from intervac site mentioned here, you have a choice on different days for Sinovac and AZ, i didn't think too long about my choice

Which province you are? Because there are differences in provinces, cities and districts.

1 hour ago, Stardust said:

Which province you are? Because there are differences in provinces, cities and districts.

Yes of cause, it was originally for Bangkok and Chonburi 

22 hours ago, Slugger said:

It works fine for Thais. Get some native assistance.

My wife is Thai, and we've tried to get more information. We just hit a brick wall, most useful response we had was "Check the website",  but what website? that question never gets an answer.

When my wife registered way back in May, they tried to put something on her iPhone, but since the phone was bought in Canada, and her Apple ID is Canadian, they failed, All her friends got appointments, but she didn't. They said they would phone her, yeh right, no phone call of course, and only when she returned to ask what had happened, was she given an appointment for the next day.

• Like 1