News Forum - Sinovac to be added to UK’s approved vaccine list for inbound travel

Thaiger

27 minutes ago, Faz said:

Depends on the Province Gummy.

When they first started taking registration for public vaccinations earlier this year, the local Health authority arranged for the Poo Yai Baans of each village to take registration details, rather than queues at the local hospitals. That's exactly how I registered and before the 'expatvac' site was launched.

I'm guessing @Saltire lives in an outlying village and thus they've arranged for the village heads to collect and distribute the vaccine certificates locally.
If he personally goes to his Provincial Health centre he can also obtain the Yellow vaccination passport.
They will automatically supply this on request to foreigners, but only to Thais if they can show they have an upcoming overseas flight.

I am out in a village in the sticks and yes that is what happened in our village initially for registration, but only registration. When they actually went for the vax they got their certs directly from the health officials in the Tambon undertaking the vaccinations. In fact PooYai Baan had to announce often reminders for the people to collect their certs directly  from the local clinic where they had the vaccinations . Maybe the issue there was a) they didn't realise that they would get a cert or b) even if they did why would they need one as they never went anywhere.

As for the yellow vax books, I am hearing from a few people now that they are of little interest  as it is the actual original certificate being requested. Not sure if that is general or not but seems to be a sign of  confusion again.

29 minutes ago, Saltire said:

The wife of the poo yai leads the volunteers and she has since told everyone if they are in a hurry (i'm not really) then you can go to the district hospital and request your certificate.

Get the wife to ring the hospital to give them a 'nudge'.

31 minutes ago, Saltire said:

The wife can't see her details on the app, she thinks they may have her phone number wrong so maybe it's not actually in the database.

I can't try the app as I have no 13 digit number, and as they took my passport AND Thai driving licence which has my old passport number, I have no idea what my number is for the app.

I hope they took copies of your Passport and Driving licence and not the originals.
Having not updated your D/L with new passport details could be the issue as they have two different passport numbers.

I assume you mean the not so reliable Mor Phrom app?
The certificate has a QR code which if you scan with your phone and save as a screenshot automatically brings up your vaccination details and QR code in the Mor Phrom app page.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, gummy said:

I am out in a village in the sticks and yes that is what happened in our village initially for registration, but only registration. When they actually went for the vax they got their certs directly from the health officials in the Tambon undertaking the vaccinations.

My certificate was issued at the centre when I had the second shot.
You had to sit and wait 30 minutes to make sure there was no allergic reaction and during that period they printed and issued the certificate on the spot.
Other folks experienced may vary depending on the local arrangements - TIT.

36 minutes ago, gummy said:

As for the yellow vax books, I am hearing from a few people now that they are of little interest  as it is the actual original certificate being requested. Not sure if that is general or not but seems to be a sign of  confusion again.

Correct, the Yellow vaccination passport is not a necessity, more a nice to have, than anything else.
If you plan to travel overseas, it's the certificate with the QR code that's usually requested.
For travel within Thailand as proof of vaccination you can download through the Mor Phrom app and carry on your phone as I detailed above.

• Like 1

I only got a yellow vaccination book because they were issuing them from an office in Buriram hospital where I had my second jab.

Had I had my second jab in Bang Sue (where I had my first) I would not have bothered to make an appointment in Naklua (nearest DoDC office) to get one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Faz said:

Get the wife to ring the hospital to give them a 'nudge'.

I hope they took copies of your Passport and Driving licence and not the originals.
Having not updated your D/L with new passport details could be the issue as they have two different passport numbers.

I assume you mean the not so reliable Mor Phrom app?
The certificate has a QR code which if you scan with your phone and save as a screenshot automatically brings up your vaccination details and QR code in the Mor Phrom app page.

Mrs Poo Yai lives just around the corner so she may be able to help, and yes Mhor Phrom

Did not leave originals, but was asked for passport (current one) but returned and asked for driving licence (has old passport number) presumably to get my details in Thai. I tried to point this out and the wife tried to help but just got the usual mai pen lai but I knew then there could indeed be a problem. Will just need to see the certificate to see which one they used and check all the details.

On 11/10/2021 at 12:04 PM, Saltire said:

Mrs Poo Yai lives just around the corner so she may be able to help, and yes Mhor Phrom

Did not leave originals, but was asked for passport (current one) but returned and asked for driving licence (has old passport number) presumably to get my details in Thai. I tried to point this out and the wife tried to help but just got the usual mai pen lai but I knew then there could indeed be a problem. Will just need to see the certificate to see which one they used and check all the details.

By way of an update ..... 2 months after second jab.

This morning after calling the district hospital they told us to go to the local clinic and enquire. Just back and have my certificate in hand, the QR code works too and takes me too Mor Prom.

They made 3 mistakes (rectified) on my certificate (no family name, wrong date of birth and not my full address. They also managed to lose my 90 day slips from my passport but fortunately I noticed. Must staple these in!

The saga is not yet over as I have yet to see a mix and match official notice from the UK for entry without quarantine so I also enquired as to how/when I could get a 3rd (AZ) jab. Wishful thinking was 'ok roll up your sleeve', fail!

Responses - clinic - I don't know

Poo yai wife - I don't know, maybe 1 year.

I have it on good authority there are still many with no jabs so hopefully something will be arranged and more hopefully someone will tell me.

So more digging to see if the UK will let me back in yet.

Edited by Saltire