Jump to content

Dont travel to Thailand Now


AussieBob
 Share

Recommended Posts

 

IMO there is too much complication and too much risk to travel to Thailand right now.  The risks are not only catching Covid in a place where the medical system is not always the best overall, and is very much at breaking point - but there is the huge risk of testing positive on arrival or during the trip.  

Richard Barrow has just published this story about someone that tested positive.  They are a family of four who came here for a 13-day holiday. The father tested positive and was sent to a hospital for ten days. The mother and the two children, aged two and four, are close contacts and so were told to stay in the quarantine hotel. Obviously at their own expense. He believes they will have to do another test on day 3 or 4 and if they test negative, then they might be able to go. But they would have to go without him as he is expecting to stay in hospital for at least ten days. He doesn’t have any symptoms and he is really hoping his insurance will cover the cost. He thinks it will cost him around 350,000 baht. What a nightmare and not really a good advertisement for coming to Thailand. 

Do not travel to Thailand now is my advice - too complicated and way too risky.  We will be travelling to Thailand when/if they make it easy to apply and get a Tourist Visa (as in the past), when there are no tests required on arrival or at anytime during the stay (unless one gets sick), when more things are open and all the curfews are dropped, when inter-provincial travel is again easy and no worries about new rules suddenly emerging, when airfares are again at a reasonable level, when we do not have to book and pay for hotels etc all in advance before even applying to travel there, when we do not have to provide all of our private data to a Thai organisation that is IT illiterate, and when we do not have to load a Thai tracking app on our smartphones for the duration of the visit (like in China). 

Happy to have vaccination certificates provided (here) and happy to test negative (here) and have travel insurance (from here) - but nothing else.  

 

  • Like 14
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2
  • Angry 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Reasonable points.  I cannot understand why someone living for instance in North America would even consider Thailand right now when they have easy options like Mexico or the Carribean.  

  • Like 13
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, billywillyjones said:

Reasonable points.  I cannot understand why someone living for instance in North America would even consider Thailand right now when they have easy options like Mexico or the Carribean.  

I agree - I think the only reason is probably that they have family, business, etc in Thailand and desperately need to come back for a while.  And then there is the desperates who don't know any other place.  But a family of 4 including kids - I just cannot get it.

  • Like 13
Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

when we do not have to provide all of our private data to a Thai organisation that is IT illiterate, and when we do not have to load a Thai tracking app on our smartphones for the duration of the visit (like in China)

This is my concern, none of the tech 'solutions' introduced in the last 2 years have worked as promised. And not just for foreigners, but for example the 50/50 retail one left so many Thai unable to claim benefits becuase of tech failures or not meeting the registration requirements.

I had a trip to the UK cancelled in May 2020 and would love to rebook, but now is just not the time to even consider a trip abroad and back to Thailand. So many uncertainties =  too much stress!

 

  • Like 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

i agree!!now is not the time to come to thailand.the pm wants people with ''billions''of bucks to come.so guess hes thinking  maybe 10 super rich will make up for what used to be 40 million people spending thousands each in just a few months?some one needs a new math class.the thing stopping many now is the ''unsecure''thai site where all your info''credit cards ect'' can be stolden.and your id. who ever dreamed up this crap?? so i think better to forget thailand  until these needless  crazy hurdles are dropped.to many other places now that only require a covid shot.chock dee to all.

  • Like 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, AussieBob said:

IMO there is too much complication and too much risk to travel to Thailand right now.  The risks are not only catching Covid in a place where the medical system is not always the best overall, and is very much at breaking point - but there is the huge risk of testing positive on arrival or during the trip.  

Richard Barrow has just published this story about someone that tested positive.  They are a family of four who came here for a 13-day holiday. The father tested positive and was sent to a hospital for ten days. The mother and the two children, aged two and four, are close contacts and so were told to stay in the quarantine hotel. Obviously at their own expense. He believes they will have to do another test on day 3 or 4 and if they test negative, then they might be able to go. But they would have to go without him as he is expecting to stay in hospital for at least ten days. He doesn’t have any symptoms and he is really hoping his insurance will cover the cost. He thinks it will cost him around 350,000 baht. What a nightmare and not really a good advertisement for coming to Thailand. 

Do not travel to Thailand now is my advice - too complicated and way too risky.  We will be travelling to Thailand when/if they make it easy to apply and get a Tourist Visa (as in the past), when there are no tests required on arrival or at anytime during the stay (unless one gets sick), when more things are open and all the curfews are dropped, when inter-provincial travel is again easy and no worries about new rules suddenly emerging, when airfares are again at a reasonable level, when we do not have to book and pay for hotels etc all in advance before even applying to travel there, when we do not have to provide all of our private data to a Thai organisation that is IT illiterate, and when we do not have to load a Thai tracking app on our smartphones for the duration of the visit (like in China). 

Happy to have vaccination certificates provided (here) and happy to test negative (here) and have travel insurance (from here) - but nothing else.  

Absolutely agree mate.

Besides Phuket and a few other places, Thailand now isn't what they would expect for a holiday anyway. And of course most people who arrived in the sandbox (and even now) are not real tourists.

The world is still trying to cope. If anyone must have a holiday, they'd be well advised to choose a less risky option, not just for the virus, but for possible financial consequences too.

Same reason why I haven't gone back to Europe. Even though traveling there is easy enough, it will be an uphill struggle to return.

Not worth it. Especially with the best season arriving while everyone is restarting the heaters in Europe 🤭

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Speaking from the sunny Sois of Bangkok: bull-hockey (or whatever culturally relevant euphemism for bulls#!t is used in your section of the globe). The Phuket Sandbox was easy. Traveling up to BKK was easy. Everything in Bangkok (except bars and nightlife (except for some places that are if you know where to look)) is open. The only time I haven't been able to have drink going out was when we drove down to Samut Prakan (a dark red zone) where the rules still say no drinking in public places.

The reality is that there are no reasons not to travel here right now unless 1) you are afraid of catching the COVID or being one of the 0.2% of travelers who test positive after arrival, 2) you don't want to jump through the hoops to get your Thailand Pass and the associated minor encumbrances, or 3) you don't want to follow the rules Thailand has put in place - masks, temp checks, and tracking - to protect its citizens without consulting you first to see what you wanted. If any of those apply, fine, take the suggestions of the whiners complaining about how so many other places - Spain, Greece, Mexico, the Caribbean - are easier to go to, and go there.

Thailand, right now, is a glorious place to be and well worth the slightly extra effort it took to get here.

  • Like 5
  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, JamesE said:

Speaking from the sunny Sois of Bangkok: bull-hockey (or whatever culturally relevant euphemism for bulls#!t is used in your section of the globe). The Phuket Sandbox was easy. Traveling up to BKK was easy. Everything in Bangkok (except bars and nightlife (except for some places that are if you know where to look)) is open. The only time I haven't been able to have drink going out was when we drove down to Samut Prakan (a dark red zone) where the rules still say no drinking in public places.

The reality is that there are no reasons not to travel here right now unless 1) you are afraid of catching the COVID or being one of the 0.2% of travelers who test positive after arrival, 2) you don't want to jump through the hoops to get your Thailand Pass and the associated minor encumbrances, or 3) you don't want to follow the rules Thailand has put in place - masks, temp checks, and tracking - to protect its citizens without consulting you first to see what you wanted. If any of those apply, fine, take the suggestions of the whiners complaining about how so many other places - Spain, Greece, Mexico, the Caribbean - are easier to go to, and go there.

Thailand, right now, is a glorious place to be and well worth the slightly extra effort it took to get here.

Totally right - and completely wrong James.  Richard Barrow has updated the findings and given the real life story of what happened to those people that tested positive, or where near someone that tested positive:   Today’s special newsletter is about the nightmare that falls upon you if you test positive on arrival in Thailand. This is what happened to Kirovs, a tourist who came to Thailand with his family. He is now in hospital and his family are in hotel quarantine. The second story is from James who is considered a close contact as he was in the same car from the airport as someone who tested positive. Neither of the people who tested positive have any symptoms and they are now desperately trying to find out if their insurance will cover the large hospital bill.  

The above is from today's newsletter that Richard emails out to subscribers, and it is provides full details - names photos etc. My understanding is that the covid insurance does not cover 'mandatory accommodation costs' only medical costs associated with medical treatment in a medical facility. If you want to get his newsletters go to this site and register:  Weekly Newsletter from Thailand – Richard Barrow in Thailand  https://www.richardbarrow.com/newsletter/

What you said only applies if as in my story, you are there and all has gone well - it is the risk and problems that both myself and Richard and many many others are saying means - do not come to Thailand now. Here is an analogy for you:  There are literally hundreds of thousands trips taken by people on bikes in Thailand every single day - and yet only a very small percentage of those get killed - but does that means you would ride a bike in Thailand - what about doing it without a helmet or protective gear. For me the decision is clear:  I could be one of the unlucky ones - so no - not right now - and never without a helmet and protective gear. Same Same - test positive or be next to someone that tests positive - so no - I am coming to Thailand with that 'danger' is looming over my head. 

PS - what happens if you organise and pay for everything and go through all the problems and get 'approved' and then 2 days before flying, you test positive? Is that all covered in your insurance - I guarantee that 90+% of people have no idea. 

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, JamesE said:

Speaking from the sunny Sois of Bangkok: bull-hockey (or whatever culturally relevant euphemism for bulls#!t is used in your section of the globe). The Phuket Sandbox was easy. Traveling up to BKK was easy. Everything in Bangkok (except bars and nightlife (except for some places that are if you know where to look)) is open. The only time I haven't been able to have drink going out was when we drove down to Samut Prakan (a dark red zone) where the rules still say no drinking in public places.

The reality is that there are no reasons not to travel here right now unless 1) you are afraid of catching the COVID or being one of the 0.2% of travelers who test positive after arrival, 2) you don't want to jump through the hoops to get your Thailand Pass and the associated minor encumbrances, or 3) you don't want to follow the rules Thailand has put in place - masks, temp checks, and tracking - to protect its citizens without consulting you first to see what you wanted. If any of those apply, fine, take the suggestions of the whiners complaining about how so many other places - Spain, Greece, Mexico, the Caribbean - are easier to go to, and go there.

Thailand, right now, is a glorious place to be and well worth the slightly extra effort it took to get here.

I think many are not so afraid of Covid as they are afraind of the Govt and their total lack of a plan or direction and feel they may be trapped in quarantine at one end or another as well as closures all over the place.

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, billywillyjones said:

I think many are not so afraid of Covid as they are afraid of the Govt and their total lack of a plan or direction and feel they may be trapped in quarantine at one end or another as well as closures all over the place.

This is 100% true. Everybody has to assess the situation in light of their own circumstances and tolerance for risk. If I were only able to take a three-week vacation, then maybe Thailand would be too risky for me. The end point is to take @AussieBob's scowling negativity and my unicorns-farting-rainbows optimism and see where on that spectrum of tolerance one's own circumstances lie. I just couldn't let "Dont travel to Thailand Now" go unchallenged because it really is pretty nice here right now.

  • Like 5
  • Angry 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Latest update from the 'scowling Bob' - Richard Barrow has updated his experiences. For those that do not know Richard was invited by TAT to attend a travel seminar/event in UK - he travelled there and back this week - part of the deal was that he would be able to give 'direct' feedback.  Yesterday Richard met with Chatchai Viriyavejakul, the Director-General of the Department of Consular Affairs (Boss), at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs . Like me and most others, Richard did not know it is them who did the Thailand Pass - it is not TAT or Immigration. They actually gave Richard a list of issues they are aware of and are addressing - most of what Richard wanted to discuss are 'under action'. 

By the look of it (my read - not official) they were not ready, but the PM Office demanded that they go ahead 'NOW'.  It looks like they had planned to be ready January, but it looks like the system will be much improved by December.  One big thing that has become clear is that you do not have to book accommodation for the entire trip - only the AQ/SHA Hotel - the length of which varies according to which 1 of the 3 methods of arrival. 

one.jpg.d145f626e66cfb83e50ced8bfe929a8a.jpg

two.jpg.cff437ddba25771056038294c07cedff.jpg

 

Richard's advice, and mine, and many others, remains the same - if you are thinking of a holiday in Thailand (2-3 weeks) - Don't Travel To Thailand Now.  The Thailand Pass will improve, but what is very clear is that if you test positive or are sitting next to someone that does, you will be 'locked away' at your own expense for an indefinite period of time (the Hotels are all uninformed and don't really know).  The fact is that when it comes to quarantine, TAT, Consular Affairs and Immigration, have no control over that part of the process - Health Ministry/CCSA do that and they keep changing and they dont keep everyone updated.

As I have said many times, if you are looking at coming to Thailand for an extended period, for business or family or returning Expat, then the risk is worth it IMO - but not for a Holiday.  I think 'unicorn farting' James is right and I should have made the title "Don't Travel To Thailand Now for a Short Holiday". 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, AussieBob said:

Latest update from the 'scowling Bob' - Richard Barrow has updated his experiences. For those that do not know Richard was invited by TAT to attend a travel seminar/event in UK - he travelled there and back this week - part of the deal was that he would be able to give 'direct' feedback.  Yesterday Richard met with Chatchai Viriyavejakul, the Director-General of the Department of Consular Affairs (Boss), at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs . Like me and most others, Richard did not know it is them who did the Thailand Pass - it is not TAT or Immigration. They actually gave Richard a list of issues they are aware of and are addressing - most of what Richard wanted to discuss are 'under action'. 

By the look of it (my read - not official) they were not ready, but the PM Office demanded that they go ahead 'NOW'.  It looks like they had planned to be ready January, but it looks like the system will be much improved by December.  One big thing that has become clear is that you do not have to book accommodation for the entire trip - only the AQ/SHA Hotel - the length of which varies according to which 1 of the 3 methods of arrival. 

one.jpg.d145f626e66cfb83e50ced8bfe929a8a.jpg

two.jpg.cff437ddba25771056038294c07cedff.jpg

Richard's advice, and mine, and many others, remains the same - if you are thinking of a holiday in Thailand (2-3 weeks) - Don't Travel To Thailand Now.  The Thailand Pass will improve, but what is very clear is that if you test positive or are sitting next to someone that does, you will be 'locked away' at your own expense for an indefinite period of time (the Hotels are all uninformed and don't really know).  The fact is that when it comes to quarantine, TAT, Consular Affairs and Immigration, have no control over that part of the process - Health Ministry/CCSA do that and they keep changing and they dont keep everyone updated.

As I have said many times, if you are looking at coming to Thailand for an extended period, for business or family or returning Expat, then the risk is worth it IMO - but not for a Holiday.  I think 'unicorn farting' James is right and I should have made the title "Don't Travel To Thailand Now for a Short Holiday". 

Short term or long term. Besides all the intricacies it IS a bad time to travel. Who cares if one arrives for a 2 week stay or a two year stay. Second to last paragraph sums it up accurately. Things will improve and already are but for now its still dodgy travel days mode.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/10/2021 at 9:08 AM, AussieBob said:

Totally right - and completely wrong James.  Richard Barrow has updated the findings and given the real life story of what happened to those people that tested positive, or where near someone that tested positive:   Today’s special newsletter is about the nightmare that falls upon you if you test positive on arrival in Thailand. This is what happened to Kirovs, a tourist who came to Thailand with his family. He is now in hospital and his family are in hotel quarantine. The second story is from James who is considered a close contact as he was in the same car from the airport as someone who tested positive. Neither of the people who tested positive have any symptoms and they are now desperately trying to find out if their insurance will cover the large hospital bill.  

The above is from today's newsletter that Richard emails out to subscribers, and it is provides full details - names photos etc. My understanding is that the covid insurance does not cover 'mandatory accommodation costs' only medical costs associated with medical treatment in a medical facility. If you want to get his newsletters go to this site and register:  Weekly Newsletter from Thailand – Richard Barrow in Thailand  https://www.richardbarrow.com/newsletter/

What you said only applies if as in my story, you are there and all has gone well - it is the risk and problems that both myself and Richard and many many others are saying means - do not come to Thailand now. Here is an analogy for you:  There are literally hundreds of thousands trips taken by people on bikes in Thailand every single day - and yet only a very small percentage of those get killed - but does that means you would ride a bike in Thailand - what about doing it without a helmet or protective gear. For me the decision is clear:  I could be one of the unlucky ones - so no - not right now - and never without a helmet and protective gear. Same Same - test positive or be next to someone that tests positive - so no - I am coming to Thailand with that 'danger' is looming over my head. 

PS - what happens if you organise and pay for everything and go through all the problems and get 'approved' and then 2 days before flying, you test positive? Is that all covered in your insurance - I guarantee that 90+% of people have no idea. 

Exactly and even Thais had surprises about hospital or qurantaine bills they thought are covered by the insurances. If I would be in Europe or USA sure I woukd choose another destinations why I should take all these struggles, hoops and financial risks to make holidays take the risk that my holidays coukd be a nightmare instead of havin fun a few weeks. There are many options in the world without that nightmare. I really don' t understand, too. Anybody else who has family here or work sure has no other choice but none of them understood why somebody take this risk and trouble for a holiday. I know many returnees who had no choice and none of them and all of them told how can anybody who not lost his mind do it for holidays.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Stardust said:

Exactly and even Thais had surprises about hospital or qurantaine bills they thought are covered by the insurances. If I would be in Europe or USA sure I woukd choose another destinations why I should take all these struggles, hoops and financial risks to make holidays take the risk that my holidays coukd be a nightmare instead of havin fun a few weeks. There are many options in the world without that nightmare. I really don' t understand, too. Anybody else who has family here or work sure has no other choice but none of them understood why somebody take this risk and trouble for a holiday. I know many returnees who had no choice and none of them and all of them told how can anybody who not lost his mind do it for holidays.

Uups a part of the sentence was kicked out.... and none of them would it make for just holidays....

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/9/2021 at 9:01 AM, AussieBob said:

IMO there is too much complication and too much risk to travel to Thailand right now.  The risks are not only catching Covid in a place where the medical system is not always the best overall, and is very much at breaking point - but there is the huge risk of testing positive on arrival or during the trip.  

Richard Barrow has just published this story about someone that tested positive.  They are a family of four who came here for a 13-day holiday. The father tested positive and was sent to a hospital for ten days. The mother and the two children, aged two and four, are close contacts and so were told to stay in the quarantine hotel. Obviously at their own expense. He believes they will have to do another test on day 3 or 4 and if they test negative, then they might be able to go. But they would have to go without him as he is expecting to stay in hospital for at least ten days. He doesn’t have any symptoms and he is really hoping his insurance will cover the cost. He thinks it will cost him around 350,000 baht. What a nightmare and not really a good advertisement for coming to Thailand. 

Do not travel to Thailand now is my advice - too complicated and way too risky.  We will be travelling to Thailand when/if they make it easy to apply and get a Tourist Visa (as in the past), when there are no tests required on arrival or at anytime during the stay (unless one gets sick), when more things are open and all the curfews are dropped, when inter-provincial travel is again easy and no worries about new rules suddenly emerging, when airfares are again at a reasonable level, when we do not have to book and pay for hotels etc all in advance before even applying to travel there, when we do not have to provide all of our private data to a Thai organisation that is IT illiterate, and when we do not have to load a Thai tracking app on our smartphones for the duration of the visit (like in China). 

Happy to have vaccination certificates provided (here) and happy to test negative (here) and have travel insurance (from here) - but nothing else.  

 You started off like a winning race horse but Sorry , I don't agree, especially since anyone can test positive,vaxed or no vax ! I don't want anything to do with "this Govt" new revenue schemes,no tests, no Insurance ,nothing. 

Your spot on with not coming on holiday travel

"and happy to test negative (here) and have travel insurance (from here) - but nothing else"

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, AussieBob said:

but what is very clear is that if you test positive or are sitting next to someone that does, you will be 'locked away' at your own expense for an indefinite period of time (the Hotels are all uninformed and don't really know).  The fact is that when it comes to quarantine, TAT, Consular Affairs and Immigration, have no control over that part of the process - Health Ministry/CCSA do that and they keep changing and they dont keep everyone updated.

 

I have flights booked for an 8 week stay, but as soon as I read his blog and realised that the Axa Thai insurance does not cover your expenses if you are locked away "by association" (sat next to a pos tester on the flight or transfer) at all, I've now shelved those plans until that, at least, changes. If it doesn't change by December I'm 100% tapping out.

It's just an insane gamble for a tourist.

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Dodgey said:

I have flights booked for an 8 week stay, but as soon as I read his blog and realised that the Axa Thai insurance does not cover your expenses if you are locked away "by association" (sat next to a pos tester on the flight or transfer) at all, I've now shelved those plans until that, at least, changes. If it doesn't change by December I'm 100% tapping out.

It's just an insane gamble for a tourist.

Your smart and you exercised due diligence ! How many kids (young adults) just hop on a plane without looking at the fine print 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, riclag said:

Your smart and you exercised due diligence ! How many kids (young adults) just hop on a plane without looking at the fine print 

Well, kind of. I have flights booked (moveable) and I've paid for airport hotels in the UK, train tickets, 2 x visas. So I will lose £170-£200. I kind if blindly believed "Thailand was open again!" and rushed into booking .

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Why come to Thailand for anything now or in the future?

That is the message for anyone reading this topic. Rethink your plans and go somewhere else and forget about coming here forever. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

Why come to Thailand for anything now or in the future?

That is the message for anyone reading this topic. Rethink your plans and go somewhere else and forget about coming here forever. 

It would be wise to wait until at least the pandemic has run its course internationally, and Thailand goes back to the 'new normal' for tourists and visitors.  IMO that new normal will be a minimum of vaccination certificate (or medical exemption) and travel insurance (which I agree with). 2022? 2023? 

For those that 'must' visit Thailand, then I say not now - there is too much risk of being locked away at your own expense, there is nothing much open, alcohol and entertainment is heavily restricted, inter-provincial travel can be subject to local rules, false positive PCR tests are common (remember John Rahm?), and doing it will support the Military Junta staying in power.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Dodgey said:

Well, kind of. I have flights booked (moveable) and I've paid for airport hotels in the UK, train tickets, 2 x visas. So I will lose £170-£200. I kind if blindly believed "Thailand was open again!" and rushed into booking .

Mate - you are not the only one who has and will fall for it.  Thailand is not 'open' and touting that rubbish is yet another Thai scam by the Military Junta on people who do not know any better.  The Junta are currently about as liked as a cat and a dog convention or a prostitute at a funeral.  This is all mainly a desperate move by the Junta to bring in some money into an economy that they have crushed through years of military corruption and ineptitude - before the 2023 elections. There has been no planning and the Ministry of Health has not stated that Thailand is ready to open and that the pandemic is over.  The Junta has rough ridden over everyone and told them to open up no matter what - because they are losing their support. Even the middle class and wealthy in Bangkok that voted them into power have had enough, and the Junta is desperate to bring in some money to the economy.  It was not for any 'real' health reason that they vaccinated people Bangkok first - they vaccinated their voters and supporters first. Meanwhile less than 30% of the Provinces people are fully vaccinated.  If tourists do come back in big numbers those unvaccinated will flood back into Bangkok for work (so will the illegals from Myanmar and Cambodia) - most of them being unvaccinated too. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I agree. I am a motivated business traveller in usual times and have done more than my fair share of government quarantines around the world throughout this mess. Not something I wish on anyone.

I have been grateful to be home in Thailand the last few months and resisting business travel. For your average tourist to be thinking about coming to Thailand on a "holiday", is testimony to the agendas and reach of the travel industry and YouTube sphere selling a risky distorted reality.

Thailand is not open as normal, far from it. Contracting covid if you are vaccinated may not be a concern for many, but you will have to be tested on entry and exit and then the nightmare begins of your gilded cage at your expense. For what? A two week holiday to a place where drinking in a bar daring to open will get you running the risk of arrest.

I love Thailand. But now is not the time.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

Why come to Thailand for anything now or in the future?

That is the message for anyone reading this topic. Rethink your plans and go somewhere else and forget about coming here forever. 

The above being a message from anti-TAT.

Produced by Misery Inc.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/9/2021 at 4:10 AM, farang said:

i agree!!now is not the time to come to thailand.the pm wants people with ''billions''of bucks to come.so guess hes thinking  maybe 10 super rich will make up for what used to be 40 million people spending thousands each in just a few months?some one needs a new math class.the thing stopping many now is the ''unsecure''thai site where all your info''credit cards ect'' can be stolden.and your id. who ever dreamed up this crap?? so i think better to forget thailand  until these needless  crazy hurdles are dropped.to many other places now that only require a covid shot.chock dee to all.

Of course the super rich lodge on super yachts,even hire them out to the each other, supposing they even drop anchor in Pattaya bay the chances of them stepping onto dry land is minimal.Trying hard to picture a couple of super yachts anchored in the bay...it's not happening.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

Why come to Thailand for anything now or in the future?

That is the message for anyone reading this topic. Rethink your plans and go somewhere else and forget about coming here forever. 

I'm not even going to travel to the UK to see my family and I live in the Netherlands! Thailand is like never never land.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By posting on Thaiger Talk you agree to the Terms of Use