News Forum - “We’re fixing it” – Government responds to Thailand Pass complaints

Thaiger

1 hour ago, Bluesofa said:

He found when he came to upload an image of the two pages - not possible, as only one image was allowed to be uploaded for that section.

' . . . as only one image was allowed to be uploaded for that section.'

Yes, sure sounds like they're fixin' it, @Bluesofa .     And your poor friend . . . he must be spitting feathers! Let's hope that the 'further details' link does the trick.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, TangoGuy said:

The government says they are fixing the Thailand Pass, huh?  Unfortunately that has not been my experience!  I had originally begun applying for a COE at the very end of October but they rejected my application, and told me that I had to apply on the new Thailand pass.  I got on the system just after it opened, and encountered the buggy website and gave up after several crashes.  Twenty Four hours later, I was able to submit my application and got a confirmation email.  However, all I have heard since then is Crickets.  Today I began emailing them, and I also emailed the Thai Embassy.  The Thai Embassy says that they were advised by their colleagues in Thailand that I have been approved…..however, I NEVER received the email with the QR code, and NO, it is not in my spam folder.  So, now what do I do, as my trip and non-refundable flights are scheduled for later this week?!?!?!?!?

You bought a non-refundable flight? You bear a great deal of responsibility for your grief. You obviously weren't paying attention to all the warning signs.

Edited by Lawyers_Guns_and_Money

11 minutes ago, King Cotton said:

Yes, sure sounds like they're fixin' it, @Bluesofa .     And your poor friend . . . he must be spitting feathers! Let's hope that the 'further details' link does the trick.

He said last night he had successfully uploaded the previously not-allowed page two of his policy.
I hope they pull their fingers out, he's booked depart the US on 17th November.

• Like 1

One thing came to mind - the total number of approved and applications (alleged) - 50K applied and 20K approved.  I think that this means the Thailand Pass people are used the TAT modelling technique to count tourists and their money. The fact is that many people apply many times - even Mike (TT Owner) applied "several more" times - he eventually got most of them approved but as soon as he got one he was of to the airport.  Given the number of arrivals does not match the number of 'applications' I would say most people attempt at least 2-3 times to apply - and many are like Mike and apply a few more times just to make sure.  That means to me that you should apply on line at least 3-4 times - and not just sit and wait and hope.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, AussieBob said:

One thing came to mind - the total number of approved and applications (alleged) - 50K applied and 20K approved.  I think that this means the Thailand Pass people are used the TAT modelling technique to count tourists and their money. The fact is that many people apply many times - even Mike (TT Owner) applied "several more" times - he eventually got most of them approved but as soon as he got one he was of to the airport.  Given the number of arrivals does not match the number of 'applications' I would say most people attempt at least 2-3 times to apply - and many are like Mike and apply a few more times just to make sure.  As I have said in other posts, it really is only people like Mike that should visit Thailand - not tourists - and that if you do decide to come now, then you should apply at least 3-4 times - and not just sit and wait and hope.

OK, so it's now the 10th of Nov.. The Thai Gov etc has promised to fix the long list of glitches & make the TP  quicker to process.. Yes we also read that many applicants had not filled in the TP correctly..

.. I (as yet) have not applied, but what seems to be a nagging issue for me (& many others) is EXACTLY what to submit in the relevant areas for the 2-stage vacinations..?

Some folk are saying only submit the Q-code of each vac..(I am in the UK so we have TWO jabs), some are saying you must submit only the Q-code, but must cut and paste your name onto each JPG, some say you will get rejected if you do not...do this, do that..etc, etc.

SO..What exactly DO the Thai TP judges want to see here..?  We need clear cut info to save the countless rejections that would-be travellers are facing... OR stop being so damn picky and accept all variations of our Covid proof, be it the whole certificate for both jabs or the Q-codes for each..Either way the info is right there..it's about time they damn well accepted it!

• Like 3

tanuki, i think about every one is disgusted with all this  tp crap!i see that enter you vaccine shot qr code!!!mine in usa dont have a qr code.and our middle name is not on our card.so it dont match passport.its a friggin nightmare.ive been wanting to return to thai since oct this year and each time i check this site it gets worse.someone in govt needs to drop all this crap and let us in to visit our loved ones.this is very upsetting.chock dee to all,as you will need it.

• Like 1

Received my TP this morning  from my 1st(1/3) application which I made on the 5th and submitted with the incorrect date for the SHA+ hotel reservation. Just waiting for my Q exemption to enter Sth Korea and I am off 😃

• Like 1

On 11/10/2021 at 9:12 AM, King Cotton said:

My friend just emailed me. He has now been approved on his second attempt he needed after the TP system failed to let him submit all his documents the first time.

• Cool 1

Frankly just another poorly conceived and implemented idea. Of course people who need to come on business and/or have families here will go through the hoops and obstacles because they need to but anybody else ? As for fixing it we know full well how long that will take if we use the original registration process for covid  until the expatvac app was put into practice as an example, months. 

By which time thousands of frustrated potential tourists have just laughed at the system and gone elsewhere I suspect.  Its a double whammy in many respects. Not just losing immediate tourist income but also for the future as confidence in Thailand as a holiday destination of choice is waning I suspect.

Of course the uber rich and celebrities who TAT and this government want to suck up to are treated differently. All 20 of them 😂

I'm popping back to the UK for a week later this month. I applied for my Thailand pass on Tuesday morning and got the confirmation this morning. I took on board all the warnings & was prepared after converting everything to jpg single files. AXA issue a single page certificate for the insurance & my vaccine certificate was Thai with the QR code top right (If you are in Thailand & have the orange vaccine passport, don't use that as it does not have a QR code & it slows the process - I'm told). I keyed in 4 spaces after putting in my 9 digit passport number & that worked. I paid THB8,000 to the Conrad hotel (Bumrungrad Hospital) for the overnight AQ & it will be interesting to see what happens there if, as is reported this morning, they cancel the arrival PCR test before I get back - refunds? I was pleasantly surprised at getting a 3 day response and, wow!, the QR certificate was a pdf file not jpg! The email was sent at 01.38 this morning Thai time - they must have 3 shifts working 24 hours (or 6 shifts of immigration officers!). 

5 hours ago, Tjampman said:

You paid 8000 baht for one night hotel?

I hope that was because you enjoy luxury and not out of necessity?

The Conrad package is expensive compared to the norm of 4,900 - 6,000 baht in central Bangkok but it's a luxury stay. I chose a larger room as I like space & I'm arriving with 70 kilos of baggage. The airport transport is guaranteed in a private limo for one person - & the food is excellent.

I don’t know what you guys are doing wrong! Put my application in at 4pm and had my qr code at 5.20pm. NHS vaccine certificate doesn’t have my middle name but didn’t affect things. 
It took 10 mins to apply and was very simple to do. 

1 hour ago, Beaker said:

I don’t know what you guys are doing wrong! Put my application in at 4pm and had my qr code at 5.20pm. NHS vaccine certificate doesn’t have my middle name but didn’t affect things. 
It took 10 mins to apply and was very simple to do. 

From the sounds of it yours may have been auto approved, which gives hope because the UK vaccination QR codes did not previously support auto approval.

I may try applying for my Thai wife again then because we have been waiting 7 days already for her approval even though I got mine 3 days ago.

I'm currently in Bangkok but, re-enter Thailand from the UK on 1st December & already have the Thai Pass QR code. So, today I go for a COVID RT-PCR test at a clinic/lab as required by the hospital I'm having a minor outpatient procedure done on Monday.  It cost THB1,500 which is less than the hospital testing element of the AQ hotel package on arrival BUT, I could have sat & waited for the result in ONE HOUR. So, why on Earth are we being required to pay for an AQ hotel overnight when RT-PCR results in Bangkok are available in one hour and, my TG911 flight arrives at 06.00. It's a total scam!

3 hours ago, PETERBKK said:
9 hours ago, Tjampman said:

You paid 8000 baht for one night hotel?

I hope that was because you enjoy luxury and not out of necessity?

The Conrad package is expensive compared to the norm of 4,900 - 6,000 baht in central Bangkok but it's a luxury stay. I chose a larger room as I like space & I'm arriving with 70 kilos of baggage. The airport transport is guaranteed in a private limo for one person - & the food is excellent.

Expand